Florida Gathering

I've been playing golf for around 18 years. I can shoot anywhere from 75 - 90, with most in the low 80's. It all depends on how I get off of the tee on any given day. My iron play is OK, chipping and putting pretty good.

I am 39, I've been married for 15 years, and have 3 kids (9 year old daughter, and twin 6 year old boys).

Anyone interested in providing little intro/bavkground to themselves here prior to our outing?

I'm a newbie here at Hacker's Paradaise. I've been a "member" since early this year and hoping to become more active on this site, but time to view all the threads seems to escape me. I'm an avid weekend hacker like a lot of you. Some weekends everything clicks and all is right with the world golf-wise. Other weekends,.....well it's not pretty. I'm looking forward to meeting all of you this weekend. I've also registered for the THP 2012 outing being held at Grand Cypress, so this will be some very advanced prep for next May.

I'm a newbie here at Hacker's Paradaise. I've been a "member" since early this year and hoping to become more active on this site, but time to view all the threads seems to escape me. I'm an avid weekend hacker like a lot of you. Some weekends everything clicks and all is right with the world golf-wise. Other weekends,.....well it's not pretty. I'm looking forward to meeting all of you this weekend. I've also registered for the THP 2012 outing being held at Grand Cypress, so this will be some very advanced prep for next May.

Thats awesome man. Hope you guys all have a good time. Its not easy teeing it up with THP'ers the first time but trust me you will enjoy it. Ive done it now numerous times and besides when ddec kept hitting a ton of fairways and I wanted to break his driver Ive never not had a great time. Look forward to seeing you down at the outing next year.

Maybe fairway2green will show up and you guys can get a Nike pro combo update from him. :alien:

Tapatalk: even Romosexuals use it

oh my!!!

Can everyone share with what length you are comfortable playing the course? Is everyone ok with 6200 - 6500? Please let me know...

Sure wish I could make this. I just fell too far behind to run up to Orlando for the weekend.

Looking forward to following it from afar.

Have fun everyone!

Sure wish I could make this. I just fell too far behind to run up to Orlando for the weekend.

Looking forward to following it from afar.

Have fun everyone!

Plus 1. on that biggs

I play from the tips only, nothing you can say will convince me to move up.

Obviously kidding. I usually play from the 6200 area, so 6500 is fine.

I'm 24 and played golf when I was younger, but quit around 8th grade. I picked golf back up about 6 months ago, and have been working hard to improve my game. I haven't played particularly well the past two weeks, and my new irons are coming in Friday so it will probably be the first round I play with the new sticks, so I don't expect to score well. I'm looking forward to playing with everyone.

Did you get my PM?

I'm 24 and played golf when I was younger, but quit around 8th grade. I picked golf back up about 6 months ago, and have been working hard to improve my game. I haven't played particularly well the past two weeks, and my new irons are coming in Friday so it will probably be the first round I play with the new sticks, so I don't expect to score well. I'm looking forward to playing with everyone.

What new irons are you getting?

BTW - don't forget to pack your Rain Gear for Saturday! It's a pretty good chance we will get rained on at some point...

BTW - don't forget to pack your Rain Gear for Saturday! It's a pretty good chance we will get rained on at some point...

You are officially on notice got jinxing our outing. If it rains I will complain like fat kids did when they closed the door at Friendly's Ice cream. You know it never rains on the golf course.

Kongfrontation

You are officially on notice got jinxing our outing. If it rains I will complain like fat kids did when they closed the door at Friendly's Ice cream. You know it never rains on the golf course.

Kongfrontation

This is reverse psychology - I am calling it out now so the rain gods will decide to ignore us.

Ladies and gentlemen that live in FLA, I would like to put together a small outing before the end of the summer. Nothing fancy just a day of golf and saying hello. Anyone in Florida is welcome to join, for that matter anyone willing travel in is welcome to join.
There are too many of us with miles of each other and all we know is what we type and read. So I would like for us to get together and chase the little pill around the golf course.
We can play any of a number of courses. If you are coming to next years outing we can play at Grand Cypress. We can play at Reunion the home of the Morgan cup. We can swing away at Championsgate or even JB's old stomping grounds Windermere CC. The old stand by of OCN is always a great place to play as well.

This will take some organizing but I am willing to do the leg work if you are willing to come and play. Please share with me if you are interested in playing and waht dates might work for you at the end of July or first couple of weeks in August.
I look forward to hearing back from whom ever is interested.

EDIT: Ok we are all set for September 10, 2011 at Grand Cypress. Our tee times are 9:00, 9:10 and 920am on the North/South. The rate is $69.00 a man all day, so those that want to play another 18 on the new course are welcome to do so. I will need to know who plans on doing that so I can secure the times.
Please get me your hdcps so that I can start getting some teams and games together. Nothing crazy just some closetest to the pin, long drive, straight drive..unless someone else has some suggestions. I am hoping we can have a skins pot based on full hdcp. I am open to any all suggestions. Majority rules unless we all start waffling on a choice. We can always just play golf and yuck it up, no preasure.

Did we decide to do any betting and/or games like long drive/closest to pin/etc? I know we are doing the best ball, but not sure if there are any bets involved. Either way is fine with me.

Also, what's the rule on putts? Putt everything out, inside the leather is good, etc?

I am a No Pressure player - the most important thing for me when I play is that everyone has a good time. I will play by whatever rules the group agrees to.

Kongfrontation

BTW - when I was a young lad in NJ we would go to Friendl's just about weekly. I would get a Jim Dandy and eat the whole thing. Just looked it up now - 1000 calories. At the time, no issue. But I think I am paying for it now 25 years later...

Listen up boys this is a regular Saturday game. I expect you to bring you PGA rules books and inforce them....Ok I am back, someone just took over my brain for a minute. The courses are in great shape so there is no need to touch the balls in the fairways. If you want to give a putt inside the leather, feel free. Before we tee off I will ask the group again.

We have a long drive, closest to the pin and low individual score @ 80% of you HDCP.

Did we decide to do any betting and/or games like long drive/closest to pin/etc? I know we are doing the best ball, but not sure if there are any bets involved. Either way is fine with me.

Also, what's the rule on putts? Putt everything out, inside the leather is good, etc?

I am a No Pressure player - the most important thing for me when I play is that everyone has a good time. I will play by whatever rules the group agrees to.

Listen up boys this is a regular Saturday game. I expect you to bring you PGA rules books and inforce them....Ok I am back, someone just took over my brain for a minute. The courses are in great shape so there is no need to touch the balls in the fairways. If you want to give a putt inside the leather, feel free. Before we tee off I will ask the group again.

We have a long drive, closest to the pin and low individual score @ 80% of you HDCP.

Cool - I'm bringing my 6 foot putter! Sounds awesome - can't wait.

I've even been out to google Earth and have been looking at the holes from 10,000 feet!

Back