ogiebogie

Reaction score
Handicap
What does everybody think is the best rivalry in the NFL is?
Mine would have to be Steelers and Ravens and not just because i am a Steeler fan thses games get pretty intense
Any thoughts would be great

I would probably go with that one as well. Jets/Pats seems to be developing nicely but it's not at the Steeler/Raven level. NFC East teams all hate each other which makes for some good rivalries as well. AFC West has some good ones as well although they are not playing as well lately.:confused2:

I hate both teams but i would have to say Redskins Cowboys. Doesn't matter what the record is they seem to be good games. Plus the history is rich.

No matter how much both teams suck and lately they really have sucked... Raiders v. Broncos. There's a reason why they're also on Monday night every season for one game. I agree with Skins v. Boys as well. Lately, Ravens v. Steelers has been real good because both defenses just want to destroy each other's offenses into oblivion.

I assume we mean rivals here......

Steelers/Ravens
Jets/Pats
Eagles/Giants
Packers/Bears

No matter how much both teams suck and lately they really have sucked... Raiders v. Broncos. There's a reason why they're also on Monday night every season for one game. I agree with Skins v. Boys as well. Lately, Ravens v. Steelers has been real good because both defenses just want to destroy each other's offenses into oblivion.
Kinda stinks there starting off the season with Ravens/Steelers they could of waited a couple of weeks

The problem with NFL rivalries is that the intensity comes and goes. One or both teams have a few off years and no one cares outside of the fanbase. I would say right now Pats-Jets is one of the more intense out there along with Steelers-Ravens. 10 years ago that wan't really the case, and 10 years from now, it probably won't be the case. Nothing wrong with that, it helps keep the game fresh to get new rivalries that form and build. It makes for some interesting games. No one cares about the Cowboys-Redskins anymore, but we did 25 years ago, and we probably will again in the future. Raiders-Broncos is huge also, but again, both teams suck so no one cares.

I think the best one ever has to be Packers / Cowboys. It was Vikings / Packers the last coucple years till Farve finnally gave up his quest for another ring. Thats my thoughts. as you can see who my team is. GO PACK GO

The problem with NFL rivalries is that the intensity comes and goes. One or both teams have a few off years and no one cares outside of the fanbase. I would say right now Pats-Jets is one of the more intense out there along with Steelers-Ravens. 10 years ago that wan't really the case, and 10 years from now, it probably won't be the case. Nothing wrong with that, it helps keep the game fresh to get new rivalries that form and build. It makes for some interesting games. No one cares about the Cowboys-Redskins anymore, but we did 25 years ago, and we probably will again in the future. Raiders-Broncos is huge also, but again, both teams suck so no one cares.

True words here. Sad coming from a Broncos fan...

I would say Pack/Vikes, but any 2 teams in the NFC East could qualify in the top 10. GO COWBOYS GO!!!

Raider week is always a big thing in Kansas City. Over the years it has waned some, but from the 60s thru the 90s it was one of the best. For the Chiefs nowadays it seems to be the Chargers.

Raider week is always a big thing in Kansas City. Over the years it has waned some, but from the 60s thru the 90s it was one of the best. For the Chiefs nowadays it seems to be the Chargers.

Guess I'm old school because I'm partial to hating Oakland, Denver, then SD, but your right to most the big deal these days is the chargers.

Tap,Tap,Tap

Guess I'm old school because I'm partial to hating Oakland, Denver, then SD, but your right to most the big deal these days is the chargers.

Tap,Tap,Tap
Ever since Elway retired, the games with Denver haven't seemed as intense.

I actually made it to Arrowhead in '89, I think, for a Raiders game. I was too young to party but the atmosphere was great. Bill Maas and Howie Long got ejected for fighting which was obviously pretty cool.

I grew up a Packers fan and nothing is bigger (in our area) than the Packers/Bears games over the years. With the Colts moving close by years ago, I'm more or less a Colts fan as well these days, and there have been some tough games between the Colts and Tennessee making for a really good rivalry.

Bears/Packers and its not even close. No other rivalry in the NFL comes close to the history and the bitterness of the Bears/Packers rivalry.

Long term I would say the Bear v Packers....modern day Jets v Miami or Ravens v pitt....IMO

Kongfrontation

For me its obviously Packer/Vikings. I live in and around Vikings country, but am a huge Packers fan

For me its obviously Packer/Vikings. I live in and around Vikings country, but am a huge Packers fan
You may well be the smartest person in Vikings country. Are you a Sioux fan though?

eagles/cowboys. as an eagles fan we hate the cowboys more then any other team. giants are a close second

I'm not saying I hate the Boys but isn't that feeling of most non Cowboy Fans....intense hatred?

eagles/cowboys. as an eagles fan we hate the cowboys more then any other team. giants are a close second

I'm not saying I hate the Boys but isn't that feeling of most non Cowboy Fans....intense hatred?

no way! thats americas team!! haha

Not sure about everyone else but I know that Packer fans hate the Cowboys too. I feel like the Cowboys are an easy team to hate because they were a very arrogant team back when they were good in the mid '90s with Aikman, Irvan and Deion Sanders and Jerry Jones is an easy person to dislike because he's this rich guy who thinks that he can just throw a bunch of money at the team and buy his way into winning another Superbowl.

Back