The Official 2011 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ingram hit a wall on that last play. Not sure why they'd use him when he sat most of the second half. The pass was working and with the line being stacked against the run it would have been a perfect time for play action.

Happy the Packers covered.

Stick to predicting the weather in So. Florida. Lol.

Tapping my way down the highway

Yeah, I'm not very good at that either. Luckily I live in Central Florida. :D

Both of those teams last night better get significantly better on defense if they want to make a run at winning it all this year again. Poor tackling across the board.

Both of those teams last night better get significantly better on defense if they want to make a run at winning it all this year again. Poor tackling across the board.

Ding ding ding...their offenses are in place but those Ds need to tighten up

Kongfrontation

I agree the tackling was terrible but at the same time Rodgers looked unstoppable. He has so many people to throw to I think I even saw TC catch a pass and rumble for 35 yards.

Ingram hit a wall on that last play. Not sure why they'd use him when he sat most of the second half. The pass was working and with the line being stacked against the run it would have been a perfect time for play action.

If Drew Brees would've run the play action, by the time he turned his head back around, he would've had two or three defenders in his grill. That's when you clear it out and throw the jump ball to Colston, let him use his height, and strength, and hands to get you a touchdown. I thought the Packers D line was great last night. I don't even want to talk about the Saints D. That was the most timid Greg Williams defense I can ever remember seeing. I can tell you one thing though: if I'm a team in the NFC South, and I'm playing the Saints, I make sure my team storms out of the gates, b/c those losers can't handle adversity or being down. That defense was done after the first drive.

Now we can look forward to the good games this week.

I agree the tackling was terrible but at the same time Rodgers looked unstoppable. He has so many people to throw to I think I even saw TC catch a pass and rumble for 35 yards.

Both sides just could not tackle. Rodgers looked great. No question. I look forward to seeing him continue that if a team gets any pressure at all. That will be the test.

If Drew Brees would've run the play action, by the time he turned his head back around, he would've had two or three defenders in his grill. That's when you clear it out and throw the jump ball to Colston, let him use his height, and strength, and hands to get you a touchdown.

We so those hands early. They coughed it up like cat loving fans do a fur ball.

Green Bay looked like a team hungry to win the SB not one that just got done winning it. Talk about hitting the ground running.

I wonder if poor tackling is going to be a trend across the league with the reduced contact in preseason. The tackling in the NFL already has been getting worse over the past few years, will be interesting to watch it over the first few weeks.

I wonder if poor tackling is going to be a trend across the league with the reduced contact in preseason. The tackling in the NFL already has been getting worse over the past few years, will be interesting to watch it over the first few weeks.

I bet tackling won't be a problem in the Steelers - Ravens game.

Go Steelers!!

Green Bay looked like a team hungry to win the SB not one that just got done winning it. Talk about hitting the ground running.

The ground would be the only thing hit last night

I had Meachem on the bench last night... Errrrr Hopefully Shipley can at least hit double digits to make me not look as dumb

Uh oh Graham just did the Rodgers title belt TD celebration. He got on ear full from Matthews to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sure Matthews said something like "Scoreboard."

That's not something you do when your losing/going to lose...

He looked like an idiot throwing the "championship belt" on after that TD, but im sure emotions were running high at the point for him.

Pass on 4th and 1 earlier and they couldnt convert it. I think in this situation, regardless of what you had done in the game, calls for a jump ball in the corner of the endzone. Ingram got stuffed big time, hit a wall.

Also, interesting that the Saints went with this call, I believe they were dead last in the NFL in short yardage situations like this last year.

Colston out 4 weeks- broken collarbone.

They will. The Packers didnt really play their defensive starters much during the preseason and you can expect them to have some conditioning issues. No matter how you train, its still not the same as playing a full game. When you have 2 teams that go no-huddle like those 2 teams do, you can expect the defenses to struggle, especially at this point in time.
I was mostly pleased with the Packers last night. The offense was clicking. Heck, we even had a halfway decent running game! It looks like we even have a decent punt/kickoff returner now too! The Saints had no answer for Rodgers, the WRs and Finley. Even when they knew exactly what the Packers were going to do they couldnt capitalize on it.
The defense and special teams coverage are an area of concern though. Those areas will need to be improved. The Saints do have a very talented offense and Brees was on his game last night, so Im not THAT worried about it but I definetly would have liked to have seen them pressure Brees more and knock him down more.
I was really impressed with Raji. The Saints keep trying every now and then to run it up the middle and Raji stuffed them every time. They could even double-team him and it still didnt matter. I still cant believe that the Saints tried to run it up the middle on that last play of the game. The playaction had been working for them, so I dont know what they were thinking trying to run at Raji like that.

I was still waiting to see that "one of the best in the NFL" Grant out there. :alien:

I was still waiting to see that "one of the best in the NFL" Grant out there. :alien:

It's just game one. He'll kick it into gear sometime on week 24. :alien:

It was all those missed OTA's:blob:

I think the Packers need Cam Newton. They'd be a lock to repeat. But they won't. They got carved up too.

You'll see him next week against Carolina. :D BTW, right now Grant is one of the best RB in the league. He's 2nd in total rushing yards. :thumb:

Fee fee'd
He cant play every down. That just wouldnt be fair to the other team. :D I mean, if we had Rodgers throw it all over the field and Grant running all over the defense what would be the point in even watching the games??? You gotta at least make it interesting and let the other teams think they have a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back