THP Fantasy Football Week 1 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the first few weeks of fantasy football. The excitement is in the air. The panic sets in quickly as does the overconfidence. In reality, I dont think the first 3 weeks are much more than figuring out who is a gamer and who isnt, but its fun to watch from the outside. I think combined the last 2 years I have had a combined 1-2 wins in the first 3-4 weeks, but did okay each season. It really is about figuring out what works and what doesnt.

But the air is getting thick. The desperation sets in. The panic sets in. And that means only one thing....Are you ready for some football!!!!!
Hell yes! It's been a long time coming but it finally starts back up tomorrow!

Lance Moore officially out for the Saints tomorrow night. Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but he was my #3 WR. He goes to the bench and Danny Amendola goes in. It makes the Rams-Eagles game even more interesting for me.

If Manning is out for the entire year, it will be interesting to compare the Colts this year to the Pats of 2008, when Brady got hurt. I think that the Pats had the better overall team then as compared to the Colts now, but the Pats were still able to go 11-5, I think the Colts could still go 8-8 in that division without Manning. But they do have more holes than that 2008 Pats team had.

Lance Moore officially out for the Saints tomorrow night. Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but he was my #3 WR. He goes to the bench and Danny Amendola goes in. It makes the Rams-Eagles game even more interesting for me.

If Manning is out for the entire year, it will be interesting to compare the Colts this year to the Pats of 2008, when Brady got hurt. I think that the Pats had the better overall team then as compared to the Colts now, but the Pats were still able to go 11-5, I think the Colts could still go 8-8 in that division without Manning. But they do have more holes than that 2008 Pats team had.

Your going down this week Ary!

I love it when there's no news about any of my team. I'm flying under the radar. I like it. I'm going to rip Mulva this weekend.

I love it when there's no news about any of my team. I'm flying under the radar. I like it. I'm going to rip Mulva this weekend.

dude....she is 8 months pregnant

edit: you said Mulva.....my bad

You sound like Gray in the outing thread. The idea of him (or you for that matter) not making waves and flying under the radar is pretty funny.

You sound like Gray in the outing thread. The idea of him (or you for that matter) not making waves and flying under the radar is pretty funny.

My team is full of reaches. Everyone knows that. I have zero expectations when it comes to any outcomes, but one thing's for sure. I will talk smack and I will keep this thread buzzing with head scratching nonsense. Mulva's going to feel like she's given birth when I'm done with her.

My team is full of reaches. Everyone knows that. I have zero expectations when it comes to any outcomes, but one thing's for sure. I will talk smack and I will keep this thread buzzing with head scratching nonsense. Mulva's going to feel like she's given birth when I'm done with her.

Full of reaches? No more than anybody else. You want people to believe you know nothing and that you have no shot. That way there are no expectations. Unfortunately, in fantasy football, everybody is an expert at the draft.

Your going down this week Ary!

I tried to come up with a comeback to you, but got way too disturbed by your avatar. Come on man, we won the Morgan Cup, I know you didn't lose a bet to put that thing up!

Full of reaches? No more than anybody else. You want people to believe you know nothing and that you have no shot. That way there are no expectations. Unfortunately, in fantasy football, everybody is an expert at the draft.

I have no idea what you're talking about. I literally let Erin make my picks for me. Full of reaches!

I have no idea what you're talking about. I literally let Erin make my picks for me. Full of reaches!

Did you just say your "wife" is clueless?

Haha I agree with this JB. He doesnt want us to know how fantasy smart he is

Haha I agree with this JB. He doesnt want us to know how fantasy smart he is

Of course not. This way if he loses he can say "I wasnt supposed to win" and if he wins he can say "Look at me now". No different than Gray in the outing thread now.

Of course not. This way if he loses he can say "I wasnt supposed to win" and if he wins he can say "Look at me now". No different than Gray in the outing thread now.

what's sad is that it's true haha

I'm genuinely offended by this statement. I took risks. Plain and simple. That way I can actually enjoy the season and laugh at myself when getting slaughtered and praise myself when slaughtering. It keeps me sane.

I'm genuinely offended by this statement. I took risks. Plain and simple. That way I can actually enjoy the season and laugh at myself when getting slaughtered and praise myself when slaughtering. It keeps me sane.

Everybody took risks. Its a 16 team league, without risks, people would have a team of 5 players.

??? I'm confused now ??? :alien:

Stupid forum's and old posts and posts that make me look like a desperate liar.

Dudes, I've got you all where I want you.......confused! It's my gameplan. My team rocks, as I rock. I'm a FF legend and you should all be honored that I came here to play with you. Now, JB, I hope that by Tuesday morning you put your comfort shoes on, b/c your wife is going to need it.

Stupid forum's and old posts and posts that make me look like a desperate liar.

Dudes, I've got you all where I want you.......confused! It's my gameplan. My team rocks, as I rock. I'm a FF legend and you should all be honored that I came here to play with you. Now, JB, I hope that by Tuesday morning you put your comfort shoes on, b/c your wife is going to need it.

HAHAHH.
Now that is more like it.

So weird that there are games (a game) on tonight and this thread is not jumping. So used to bridges going crazy in here last year, it was kind of expected.

I am just trying to go through the motions of the day so it can end and football can begin. I don't have anyone playing tonight but my opponent does so it will still be fun to watch.

TC better jump in here now while he's still got something to talk about because Im going to wear his ass out all season. BEAT down by a Dallas/Tigger/Yankees kind of fan. Thats got to hurt.

TC better jump in here now while he's still got something to talk about because Im going to wear his ass out all season. BEAT down by a Dallas/Tigger/Yankees kind of fan. Thats got to hurt.

HAHHAHAH. OEM taking it up a notch.
Last year was a rebuilding year I guess.
I guess we could say your fantasy team follows your regular team.
So does that mean the boyz will be riding high too this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back