Your take on cargo shorts

yea I wear cargo shorts at the local golf course as it's not a resort type course. I think I have maybe eight to ten pair of cargo shorts. If I want to dress down even more I wear my cut off overall shorts but they are a bit hot in the summer months.

Im not a big fan of cargo shorts, just dont like how they wear, but a quick question for those against them on the golf course:

What about a pair like these from Nike? Have a cargo pocket, but not big and bulky like most?
256649_244_A

Im not a big fan of cargo shorts, just dont like how they wear, but a quick question for those against them on the golf course:

What about a pair like these from Nike? Have a cargo pocket, but not big and bulky like most?
256649_244_A

I would not wear the traditional cargo short on any course but these are acceptable IMO.....as long as the pocket is not stuffed with 6 balls then it kind of defeats the purpose. :D

256649_244_A
From a distance, you couldn't even tell that these are not normal golf shorts.

Im pretty sure chicks dig 2 things

1. The long ball
2. cargo Shorts

nuff said

1. The long ball
2. cargo Shorts

nuff said

they only dig the first half if they're on a golf course. Most other places, they don't dig either......

Good slogan, "Chicks dig the cargo shorts."

This thread is still alive. I love it :D
And it's funny I wear cargo shorts all the time to classes but on the course I'm done with them. They look bad in my opinion, you won't see me wear them anymore.

1. The long ball
2. cargo Shorts

nuff said

I always thought chicks dug well dressed people. :act-up:

Man, in Vermont, the women all wear cargo shorts (and have more body hair than me)...it's kind of depressing, actually.

I always thought chicks dug well dressed people. :act-up:

There's a commercial that says something like "74% of women find mind look best in a suit".....or something like that.

That being said, we should all start wearing suits to the course.

There's a commercial that says something like "74% of women find mind look best in a suit".....or something like that.

That being said, we should all start wearing suits to the course.

I'm looking for the other 26%.

I think it all depends on where you are at. Some places they are fine, other places not.

Let the debate rage on................

cargo shorts are all that I own(shortswize anywY)) Dont see a problem as long as everything as clean and ther are no restrictions----country clubs around here are are dying---dress codes are only a small part of the reasons but------------clean and neat over rules all--imo anyway!!!

cargo shorts are all that I own(shortswize anywY)) Dont see a problem as long as everything as clean and ther are no restrictions----country clubs around here are are dying---dress codes are only a small part of the reasons but------------clean and neat over rules all--imo anyway!!!

I just have to disagree. If there is no rule against wearing them then have at it I guess, but I do not think they are golf course appropriate.

I thought they were great in high school and college for smuggling beers in the the movies.

Tapatalkin

I thought they were great in high school and college for smuggling beers in the the movies.

Tapatalkin

Agreed! They are great smuggling attire.

Man, in Vermont, the women all wear cargo shorts (and have more body hair than me)...it's kind of depressing, actually.

Wow, that makes me really want to visit Vermont.....

I wore them yesterday on the course. Still like em.

I wear them all the time. But they are not all huge and baggy looking

I sent an email confirmation to the head pro at a country club I'm playing at this Friday and in his reply he states that the course has a dress code that includes "No cargo shorts". Guess I'm not playing at Bushwood :clapp:

I sent an email confirmation to the head pro at a country club I'm playing at this Friday and in his reply he states that the course has a dress code that includes "No cargo shorts". Guess I'm not playing at Bushwood :clapp:

Seriously? You choose cargo shorts over a course? Really?

I love the slim pants that are trending in men's fashion, but let's be serious, with all the crap we have to carry around on a golf course, cargo shorts are the most practical bottom for a guy. But as long at they are not sloppy, torn, faded or dirty. I have a bigger problem w/ jeans on the golf course!

Seriously? You choose cargo shorts over a course? Really?

No no, I don't even own a pair of cargo shorts. I meant that I'm playing a course nicer than Bushwood, in that they don't allow cargo shorts. But I see how you read that :bulgy-eyes:

No no, I don't even own a pair of cargo shorts. I meant that I'm playing a course nicer than Bushwood, in that they don't allow cargo shorts. But I see how you read that :bulgy-eyes:

Ohhh, ok. Gotcha. Was about to say, I think I would choose a course over a style of clothes most days.

Back