Tour Edge Exotics XCG5 Driver Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Great review Jake! The first thing that caught my attention was the look of the sole; I like the "trendy" look with some lines while still giving a fairly classic look at address.

Next item was definitely the shaft offering, WOW. That is extremely impressive and not even something that we see from most of the bigger OEM's. Definitely a great option to have and is evident that they believe in finding the right combo for the golfer, not just fitting into the standard single shaft in 2 or 3 flexes.

I think it would be neat to see what a shaft fitting does for you in this driver. Getting 250 from that shaft with 10.5* is nice, but I would not be surprised to see another 15-20 with the right combo for you.

This is definitely on my radar for next month. The $330 price point is pretty solid IMO, do we know if all those shafts can be had at the same $330 price?

Good stuff jake, I agree the look of the TE is great. I have always liked color the color scheme

I really enjoyed reading your thoughts Jake, I have been a fan of TEE products for several years and know how great they really are. I agree with you, they do make sharp looking products that are solid performers.

Great review Jake. Loving those shaft options. I would take 250 and straight all day

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Great write up! I like the different stock shaft offerings that they give. Kinda a different take on adjustability.

Really good stuff - I agree that the white grip/white shaft combination looks fantastic. It's just a really great looking club and the results seem to come along with it. I'm a fan of TEE products and am excited to try it out at Demo Day. It'll definitely be on my list of drivers that I'll be considering.

That's a pretty huge face on that driver. I think the shaft options are pretty nice as well. Would love to see how it treated you in a different flex and loft. Very nicely done, Jake.

Nice review Jake. Agree that is one large face. Sure looks to be a grip and rip type of club. Jake is that shaft a legit GD or does it appear to be a made for?

Nice review Jakester, always enjoy reading your reviews.

I like the look of this driver, and the shaft offerings are superb! There are so many combos that you’re bound to find something to fit. Sounds like you’d be bombing this driver with the right combo in hand anyway.

My local range has got some TEE stuff in it, the first I’ve seen over here, and apparently they’re getting a fitting cart soon – so I can’t wait to check it out!

I think with a properly fit flex shaft and loft, this thing would be bomber for you Jake! I appreciate what TEE does with their offerings as well buddy, but I've never ever seen one of their clubs anywhere in a Left Hand model. I've never had the opportunity to hit anything of theirs and it sounds like I'm missing out. How do you feel about the alignment aid on the crown? Too small? Too big? Not enough to worry about? I do agree with you in that it's an absolute stunner to look at!!

Looking at that picture of the crown makes me wish more OEM's would go with the Ping i20 type matte finish.

Great review Jakeson! Like all the options and I agree with TC here... proper like shaft and you'd have much different results.

Excellent review.
That face looks deeeeeeeep. I like that.
As others have said, it would be interesting to see how well you do with a this driver fit to your specs...could be a monster.

Big fan of TEE products, I keep trying different fairway woods to knock out my XCG-3 but it keeps beating all of them (latest victim Nike VR_S). Glad to see this review of the XCG-5 driver, like others have said with the proper shaft I'm sure this thing is a performer.

Thanks for the comments guys, Cookie I believe the price is the same for all the shafts, everything in my research indicated that to be the case.

TC I liked the alignment aid being the Tour Edge logo, I've always been of the opinion that I can take or leave alignment aids on drivers really. This is good though, kind of adds to the look without being distracting and it gets their logo on yet another spot on the club. I'm fine with it.

I also agree that this could be a flat out bomber with the right loft and shaft for a person. I'll be looking for one with a RIP shaft to demo, hopefully they have one at the THP Demo Day.

nice write up Jaker. You have me interested to give it a few swings at demo day. Sounds like it could be a great driver for someone looking for a lightweight combo.

Thanks for answering my question Jake, and again another great review!

Back