Cost effective alternative to spikeless golf shoes....

biglee33

5 SECOND POUR!!!!!
Reaction score
Handicap
18ish
http://www.boombah.com/All-Products/Turf-Shoes/

Let me start off by saying I don't know if this belongs here, or not. Just thought it was something I would share with my fellow THP'ers. Before I took up golf I was a passionate softball player. Because of this I found a shoe that is very effective for both. They have a similar tread pattern to the adidas adicross. I've had numerous pairs of these, and they have all withstood the rigors of playing softball. I'm not affiliated with boombah at all. I just now there are a lot of people considering the spikeless casual look, and for the money I believe these to be the best. They are very comfortable, and I play a very very hilly course, yet they have seemed to provide just as good a grip as my soft spikes. If you all have any questions about them, feel free to ask me. They have almost any color combination you could think of, from lime green to texas orange. They also have the basic combinations as well. I've been playing mine for a couple of months now, and was so impressed with the old pair I had from last softball season I just bought the black and white rage turfs. Nice looking shoe!

Nice post and thanks for the info.
Being from the land of OZ and loving the game of cricket I have actually used certain makes of cricket shoes on the course. Like the softball shoe they are a bit more casual, cheaper and you have the option of spiked or spikeless. Ultimately went with "golf" shoes when I took the game up more full time.

I definitely understand. Its always nice to have options.

This thread needs a BUMP!!! When I was a kid, I wore Cuga Baseball Turf Shoes. They only cost about $10.

I have not seen any signs in recent years but several years ago a couple of the clubs I played at prohibited play wearing any kind of "turf" shoes with big rubber cleats.

Thanks for the tip. I played softball for 20+ years. For me, to this day there is just nothing about the 2 sports I want to combine.

I wore soccer turf shoes when I first started playing. The knobs are very small on them and they are cheaper than spikeless golf shoes. But with all the sales going on during Christmas, you can find some great prices on spikeless golf shoes if you want 'real' shoes.

Back