Thompson Cigars
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: My Fitting, my numbers, my confusion...

Handicap
    Thanks
    I know these things cost money, but have you thought about trying a different spot yet?

I'm not trying to discourage you, but this guy just doesn't seem to be putting the time and effort in for whatever reason.
    Driver: 913 D2 9.5* Rip Phenom
    Woods: Amp 15* Aldila RIP, Spine 18* UST Proforce V2
    Hybrids: 913H 24*
    Irons: 714 AP1 PXi 5-PW
    Wedges: RTX 50*-56*, SM5 60*
    Putter: Fastback
    Ball: RZN Black

Handicap
    Thanks
    Thanks GG, I was thinking of either Golfsmith or the golf mart - I think Gsmith charges $50 but takes it off any purchase - I think the golf mart is free -
    It's my move to get back to this guy, he just says so little, ie: is there any charge? would other shafts make a difference? My "scores" were a total of 5 swings each club - he threw out a couple really bad shots but I really think that all the clubs are really pretty good I just want one that fits me well
    Driver 910 D2 - 10.5 s 'ilima
    R-7 3 wood & 19 hybrid
    Apex Pro 4-AW
    56 588
    61 Tour
    FGP

Major Champion
    Handicap
    9er
    Thanks
    I'm of the mind that any golf store worth its weight should offer fitting services free and as a reward you should buy your equipment from them. I deal with my local Roger Dunn (in San Diego they are called Golf Mart) and when I want a new club I call em up, ask a time that works for them and go through all the options.

You should also be allowed time to get warmed up and hit at least 10-12 shots with each club. Some clubs simply don't pass the eye test, others the feel test, so you start with a big list and start whittling it down. Then you get on the monitor and go to work. It should take an hour or so, at least. You should feel comfortable and the fitter should give you as many options as possible and suggest things as you start moving through it. Eventually the list gets narrowed down and you are set. Your fitter just seems to be lacking, you told him your desire and he handed you four off the rack items that might work. Seems like there was very little actual fitting.
    Here's my bag full of clubs that should be very concerned!
    Driver - RAZR Fit 11.5 (set 10.5 Open)
    Fairway - RAZR X Black 17
    Hybrid - 910H 19 (lofted to 20.5)
    Irons - Burner 2.0 5-AW
    Wedge - Vokey 53, 56, 60
    Putter - FGP
    Ball - B330S

Proud to be reping THP and the #BasementDwellers in #TheGrandaddy!

Handicap
    Thanks
    Thanks - yes it went much quicker than I anticipated - and my only warm up was with my own 7 iron which I guess gave him a sense of my swing - I am actually happy with all my clubs except my driver.
    I also heeded the "open mind" advice when I went in. I stated I had no preference as to manufacturer, he asked was straight or long more important and I answered "straight" - As I was leaving I asked "Is my grip size OK?" as I thought this was part of it but it wasn't. He then measured my hand and said I would be better going back to a standard grip as I had recently changed my driver to mid-size. Nice to know thank you.. I was about to change all my other clubs too. He said I was close to upsizing but that the smaller grip would help fight the slice. I really like the Golf Mart here you can hang out there all day!!
    Driver 910 D2 - 10.5 s 'ilima
    R-7 3 wood & 19 hybrid
    Apex Pro 4-AW
    56 588
    61 Tour
    FGP

Handicap
    Thanks
    I'm pretty sure I would find a new fitter to work with.

Customer service and satisfaction should be number one for them... and you... you deserve to be happy with what you are getting.
    CS3 Driver and 3Wood
    ECU Hybrid 3 21degree
    Tommy Armour 845 Stripe 3-PW
    52 degree GW
    58 degree SW
    60 degree LW
    CX2 midweight Putter
    stand bag

Life is short, play loud!