Premier League 2011-12 season (Spoilers)

No real big deals on the final day of the transfer window, a few surprises though

Bellamy to Liverpool
Arteta to Arsenal
Meriles to Chelsea to name a few

Might not be big but very important. Meriles and Arteta give Chelsea and Arsenal the play maker in the middle they badly needed. Bellamy is sort of odd though, especially with how easily Carroll can be influenced by idiots.

Gotta give Wenger credit, he and his team got stuff done on the final day. Mertsacker and Santos will be great for the D. Arteta is a fantastic play maker, any other generation and he would have been a fixture in Spain's midfield. Benayoun will be a great squad player/sub sub for them.

No more Crouch for Tots is certainly an interesting choice. I wonder if they're going to run a 4-5-1/4-3-3 and look for the through ball to Defore/Pav.

Might not be big but very important. Meriles and Arteta give Chelsea and Arsenal the play maker in the middle they badly needed. Bellamy is sort of odd though, especially with how easily Carroll can be influenced by idiots.

Gotta give Wenger credit, he and his team got stuff done on the final day. Mertsacker and Santos will be great for the D. Arteta is a fantastic play maker, any other generation and he would have been a fixture in Spain's midfield. Benayoun will be a great squad player/sub sub for them.

No more Crouch for Tots is certainly an interesting choice. I wonder if they're going to run a 4-5-1/4-3-3 and look for the through ball to Defore/Pav.

They were talking about this during the Tottenham-City game, I guess they think Adebayor is going to step in and be the guy. Good luck with that, because he didn't do a lot for City.

They were talking about this during the Tottenham-City game, I guess they think Adebayor is going to step in and be the guy. Good luck with that, because he didn't do a lot for City.

True. Spurs tactics are shot. They rely on the long ball in to Crouch's head and then feeding off the knock downs. If they think Adebayor is going to do that they are sadly mistaken. That "de plane, de plane" guy from Fantasy Island can out jump Adebayor.

Just now watching today's Euro 2012 Qualifier between England and Wales on DVR.

Wayne Rooney looks way different with hair!

Just now watching today's Euro 2012 Qualifier between England and Wales on DVR.

Wayne Rooney looks way different with hair!

I can't bring myself to watch Arsenal after the shalacking (Sp?) they took last week.

England wins, 1-0.

It was a poor performance by England though

It was a poor performance by England though

Yes, it was not their best effort. Luckily they were playing Wales.

Smallville, do you know of any good online feeds for games? EPL coverage in Canada isn't the best, and I was wondering if there was a way to get more games.

You used to beink able to watch just about anything on rojasdirecte.es but I think they got busted or something

This weekend's games on TV and the web:

All times eastern.

Saturday, September 10:
Sunderland v Chelsea, 10am, ESPN2/ESPN3.com/ESPN Deportes
Arsenal v Swansea, 10am, FOX Soccer (available on delay on FOXSoccer.tv at midnight)
Wolves v Spurs, 10am, FOXSoccer.tv (shown on replay on FOX Soccer Plus at 2pm)
Stoke v Liverpool, 10am, FOXSoccer.tv and FOX Soccer Plus
Man City v Wigan, 10am, FOXSoccer.tv (replayed on FOX Soccer at 5pm)
Everton v Aston Villa, 10am, FOXSoccer.tv (shown on replay on FOX Soccer Plus at 6pm)
Bolton v Manchester United, 12:30pm, FOX Soccer (replayed on FOX Soccer at 8pm and available on delay on FOXSoccer.tv at midnight)

Sunday, September 11:
Norwich v West Brom, 8.30am, FOX Soccer Plus and FOXSoccer.tv (shown on replay on FOX Soccer Plus at 8pm)
Fulham v Blackburn, 11am, FOX Soccer (replayed on FOX Soccer at 11pm and available on delay on FOXSoccer.tv at midnight)

Monday, September 12:
Queens Park Rangers v Newcastle, 3pm, ESPN2

The City game sucks because I'll have to avoid this thread until after Jacqui gets home Saturday late, when we will finally be able to watch it!

Smallville, do you know of any good online feeds for games? EPL coverage in Canada isn't the best, and I was wondering if there was a way to get more games.

liveonlinefooty.com has all the games but is a subscription. The good news is its cheap, i think $5 a month and it has rugby and cricket also. If you want HDTV you can subscribe to Setanta Canada but that $15 a month but has loads of Prem games live and will show all the others on tape delay.

liveonlinefooty.com has all the games but is a subscription. The good news is its cheap, i think $5 a month and it has rugby and cricket also. If you want HDTV you can subscribe to Setanta Canada but that $15 a month but has loads of Prem games live and will show all the others on tape delay.

Thanks funky, my cable bill is expensive enough already, I can't justify the 15$ a month for the few games I have time to watch. Onlinefooty may be a good option!

Thanks funky, my cable bill is expensive enough already, I can't justify the 15$ a month for the few games I have time to watch. Onlinefooty may be a good option!

Definitely try it then. Some games are a feed from Sky Sports so if you tune in early you get some really good analysis by pro's, continued after the game too. (only for the games Sky Sports are showing). you can pay month to month so its easy to try out.

I'd love to see Bolton pull off an upset over United! Even a draw would be nice.

Just now watching the City game. VERY aggressive lineup, with Silva, Aguero, Tevez and Johnson in the lineup.

City wins, 3-0 on a Hat trick by Aguero. Should have been 5-0, Tevez missed a penalty kick and Richards hit the crossbar on an easy opportunity.

Badnews is United whipped Bolton 5-0.

Just looked at the standings.

Teams from Manchester have scored 33 goals in six games this season. The next 5 top scoring teams have 29 goals.

And Liverpool lose to Stoke.

You can guarantee that wouldn't be a game Man U drop!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As much as it kills me to agree, nope Man U probably wouldn´t have dropped points at Stoke......LFC didn´t have one of their best performances. Carra caused the penalty with some Jack-ass defending.

Looks like Cleverly will be out for awhile? Haven´t seen the tackle yet, any of you guys did?

Good to see the Gunners finally put up 3pts. Was very unconvincing though, you can see their nervousness in the attacking 3rd, the win should give them something to build on. Thought Mertesacker did well in his first appearance. Arteta showed some good chemistry with RVP. Things should get better once they get healthy. Really impressed with Szczceny as well so far this season.

EDIT: The Manchester teams have played 8 games, not 6. Oops.

Back