Lynx, MacGregor, Snake Eyes Golf Balls

Golfer_LD

Reaction score
Handicap
So I was flipping through my Golf Smith catalog and noticed how cheap they were selling the Lynx, MacGregor, and Snake Eyes golf balls. I personally have not had any experience with any of these but if any of you have had good experiences with them they may be worth a try at their prices.

Against my better judgement I picked up a couple dozen of the lynx yellow balls today (2 dozen for $15!) at golfsmith... I will let you know how they play after this weekend. Needless to say, I don't have high hopes, but maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised. The few reviews I could find of them on the internet were positive.

Tappin' on my Thunderbolt

I bought 3 dozen Lynx Blackcats at 6 bucks a pop. They are hard as a rock and fly a long way off the tee. Chipping is interesting though. Hell, for six bucks and no better than I play, its a bargain.

So how bad is the chipping and feel off of the irons?

Tappin' on my Thunderbolt

My brother is all about the deals when it comes to golf balls, and he plays Snake Eyes pretty frequently. They're nice off of the tee, for sure, but don't expect great chipping; play EVERY chip as bump and roll :p.

like anything in life, you get what you pay for... but if you lose a lot of balls or you have a low swing Im sure they have there perks... there most likely rock hard but that means theyll be good of the tee... its better than being one of those people who buys pro v1x and swings 70 mph (but hey, at least they look good... along with there x stiff shafts)

Back