Forum Testing Signup - Wilson Staff FG Tour V2 Irons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Following CLs and Smalls lead in this one,

1. What irons do you currently play? Mizuno MX-300

2. What is your handicap index? 6.8 oobgolf

3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? TT Dynamic Gold SL R-300

4. Are you right handed or left handed? Right

5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I play 3/4 times per week, go to the driving range 1/2 times per week, I am very active on THP and would post videos, pictures and/or reviews several times per week during the testing period. Thanks to Wilson and THP for this opportunity.

I am already fortunate enough to be testing irons for THP but want Wilson Golf to know that I appreciate them giving this opportunity to THP so will go ahead and throw my info in here!!

1. What irons do you currently play? Nike VR Pro Combo 3-PW
2. What is your handicap index? 12.1
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? Project X steel 5.0
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? Testing plan would consist of range sessions and course play a minimum of 3x/week followed up with a written review each time as well as photos and video. They would be compared against my current irons with findings posted on THP & Facebook. Activity level is daily on THP and extremely high throughout all areas of the forum.

Thanks again to Wilson Golf for providing this opportunity to 3 lucky forum members! I have no doubt that those selected will provide timely and valuable feedback!!

Tappin' from my iPad!

1. What irons do you currently play?
I currently play Boccieri Golf Heavy Irons 3-pw

2. What is your handicap index?
I play to a 4.2

3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)?
I play Project X 6.0 steel shafts in my irons. Steel.

4. Are you Right handed or left handed?
Righty

5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP?
My activity level speaks for itself. I average over 15 posts per day and have access to many great tools such as simulators (for my winter university program) and a hybrid membership at over 6 different courses. My testing plan is to simply get out as much as possible (should be roughly 2 or 3x per week) once my internship ends and school starts next week. I would also plan on shooting many on course videos, and videos from the simulator. As usual, tons of pictures as well

Another outstanding opportunity for testing. Thanks to THP and Wilson Golf for allowing the forum members to test the FG Tour V2 Irons.

Hey Yoccos great job doing the intro to this contest! Awesome to say the least and huge thanks to THP and Wilson Staff for bringing yet another great opportunity to forum members...

Great video to open a testing sign up. Going to be some very happy testers soon. Good luck to those that sign up. Thanks to Wilson Staff for allowing THP the chance to test.

Awesome video Yoccos and JB. These irons look sick. I will definitely be signing up when I get home. Thanks THP and Wilson for such an great testing!

Tapatalkin

AWESOME! What a great opportunity... These are some beautiful clubs!

PING i10

Steel - Stiff - PING AWT w/ cushion

4. Are you right handed or left handed?
Right Handed... but I will convert to left handed to have the opportunity to test these irons. Sorry TC if I take your spot... haha!

Testing:
Facilities/Equipment/Access:
I play regularly twice a week, Fridays and Sundays, at my course where I am a member and former Club Champion. I typically play more than 18, when I do play, unless I am in a tournament. I also live about a mile from a local driving range and I can stop any night after work. I have a couple extra bags to carry both the Wilson Tour FG V2 irons and my current irons, to be able to compare the two, either at the range or course. I also frequent a golf store locally that has an indoor simulator where I can get more accurate numbers, if needed. I am both active on MySpace and Twitter.
Process:
I plan on taking the Wilson FG Tour V2 irons to the range along with my current irons to compare and get some general thoughts within 24 hours of receiving them. The first Friday I plan on taking both iron sets to the course to compare them in real life situations and get a true gage of distances and accuracy. The first Sunday I will set up a skins game or get into a tournament to see how I can perform with these irons under a little bit of pressure. I will make sure to comment on both MySpace and Twitter and include pictures and videos when possible. I will continue to take theses irons to the course/range/simulator and report back my information on all avenues until my season ends, which has been after Thanksgiving in the past few years. And after the snow starts to fall I usually play 18 on the simulator at my local golf shop on Sundays with a couple of friends. So I will not be stopped by the weather...

Activity:
I have been consistently active on THP since I've joined almost 2 years ago... I comment on topics I am interested in or when I can on golf advice or equipment I have played or am educated on. I do not like to make comments I am not willing to defend or believe to be true. I have followed a lot of the threads from previous testers and even made purchases based on their feedback. I have even been a tester myself and believe I did a great job giving valuable information on the products. I understand what it means to be a tester here at THP for both the members and the great companies giving us the opportunity to test these great products.

Thanks again :thp: and :wilson:!!! This is one I am super excited to see more of! :joy:

Thanks for this great opportunity THP and Wilson golf!!!
1. I currently play PING s56 irons. Blue dot or .75 degrees upright.
2. My current index is 8.5.
3. I play project x 6.0 iron shafts standard length with +1/32 grips.
4. I am Right handed.
5. I would test the clubs on the course 2 times a week till the snow flies. I would also put them through the paces on the range. I would take pictures and review thoughts, both good and bad, as frequently as I could.
Thanks again Wilson golf and THP

Another great one guys! Throwing my name into the hat, love W/S stuff!

1. What irons do you currently play? Adams CB2
2. What is your handicap index? 25
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? Steel, KBS Tour 90 Stiff
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I will test the FGv2s at the range at least three times a week and on the course at least once a week. I'm setting out to prove that "players/tour" cavity irons can actually help a high handicapper improve his game! I'm a firm believer that a less forgiving iron DOES help a beginner because over the much more precise feedback compared to SGI-GI irons. I'm also interested in doing a comparison with the supposedly more forgiving Adams CB2s I currently bag. I will provide weekly updates on THP and will also tweet testing results LIVE on the driving range. Although I'm a newbie to THP, I have been quite active from the start! I'm on here all day everyday! Lol.

1. What irons do you currently play? Mizuno MX-23's
2. What is your handicap index? 7.1
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? Steel, regular, TT
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? First order of business is to get on a lie board and make sure they're set up correctlly. (Without doing so would be a serious disservice both to the manufacturer and to the testing commmunity.) After that, regular play, usually 4-5 times a week, with all sorts of range time thrown in as well. Updates posted daily.

Obviously, this is another excellent opportunity for the chosen ones, and whether I'm in the mix or not, I will follow this thread with great interest. Great job as always THP!

Last edited:
1. What irons do you currently play? Burner SuperLaunch
2. What is your handicap index? Non-official around 20
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? Steel/Regular flex/TM stock
4. Are you right handed or left handed? Right handed
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I generally play 2 rounds per week. One on Friday with my little guy and one on Saturday or Sunday with my normal playing buddies. The only thing that would hinder my testing would be snow further on in winter. I'll play well into the 40 degree range and wind doesn't bother me either. I can update via Facebook but I don't have a twitter account. I'm on THP daily and am currently testing the GreenSaver Divot Tool.

Thanks to :thp: and :wilsonstaff: for another great testing opportunity.

Last edited:
1. What irons do you currently play? WilsonStaff Di11's

2. What is your handicap index? 19

3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? Wilson Staff Half and Half Shafts Regular Flex

4. Are you right handed or left handed? Left Handed

5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? Currently I play at least 3 rounds a week and go to the range the days I am not playing. If selected these irons would be getting as thorough a workout as the Di11's got. I post here virtually every day so there will be plenty of opportunities for updates.

Thanks to THP for continuing to present player testing and to Wilson Staff for making an exception line of equipment.

Wow, another testing! Hope you guys don't mind me copying and pasting most of the stuff from my entry for the Adams one...

1. What irons do you currently play? Mizuno MP-30
2. What is your handicap index? 20
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? DG S300
4. Are you right handed or left handed? Right handed.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I spend about 5-6 hours on the range and play at least 1 round at a par-3 executive course each week, and then a full round every other week or so. The par-3 course is usually very quiet and I get to play 2 balls most of the time, so the irons would get pretty decent usage. As I am located in Hong Kong where the weather is quite mild, I would be able to play well into the winter or not even have to take a break at all. I plan to hit the test irons and my current ones side-by-side at the range initially, and then alternate them with my current set after I get used to them. I am active on twitter and I plan to share my findings after every round and range session both on THP and twitter.

As far as THP activity level goes, I joined the forum about a month ago and I'd say my activity level is moderate. I visit multiple times a day (usually during the off-hours though because of the time difference) and post daily.

Thanks again for the opportunity!

Yet another great opportunity from THP and Wilson! Looking forward to hearing/seeing how these play for folks.

1. What irons do you currently play? Currently gaming TaylorMade Burner 2.0
2. What is your handicap index? 10.3
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? Stock burner shafts, steel, stiff.
4. Are you right handed or left handed? Right handed
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I play two full rounds per week, as well as 9 holes for league on Wednesdays. Hit the driving range before each round, as well as getting to the range 1-2 per weeks for practice. As far as activity level on THP, I am here on a daily basis, posting and contributing to the forums. Have been getting more involved with the social media aspect of THP on facebook/twitter.

These irons are sharp, cant wait to hear how they work out for those selected.

Wow!!! A great opportunity that I have to pass up being selected for the Adams testing but definitely envious of the three lucky testers getting to test these out. Thanks Wilson Staff and THP and if these irons are like last year's FG Tours these will be a hit.

Great job on the presentation Yoccos... you have sexy hands and I was glad to see them in person yesterday. :D

Wow what a great opportunity! Wilson Staff has put out some great product lines the past few years and these look to continue that.

1. What irons do you currently play? Going back and forth between Taylormade MC and Callaway Razr X
2. What is your handicap index? 9.5 OOB
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? Dynamic Gold Stiff
4. Are you right handed or left handed? Right Handed
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I will get these out on the course multiple times a week, plus test them at the range during non-course days. I will gladly add plenty of photos and videos of these irons throughout my review process. I am a very active member of THP with over 11,000 posts. I spend a lot of time on the site talking golf and equipment.

Last edited:
I just rewatched the vid with the knowledge that it was Yoccos! Great stuff man! Love the presentation.

I wish golf was as easy as Tapatalk.

This is an awesome opportunity for 3 people to test some amazing looking sticks. A very special thanks to THP and :wilsonstaff: for making this happen.

1. What irons do you currently play? Callaway X22 5-AW
2. What is your handicap index? 16
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? Callaway Uniflex, next set will be a stiff shaft.
Well I am on THP and active almost everyday providing feedback, help, and tips whenever I am here. My testing plan would involve lots of pictures and ideally video(even if it's only cell phone video). As of now I am playing 1 round of 18 a week on thursdays or fridays, and sometimes a quick 9 on Sunday evenings with my wife or my dad(sometimes both!). I also hit the range 1 or 2 days a week. I will be up front and say I've likely only got another 2 months of time before the season ends here for on the course time, however I usually keep hitting the range until the temps drop below 40 because even then the heated driving range I go to can't keep up. That is usually into December before that happens. I am on facebook so sharing on their site wouldn't be a problem and I would join twitter specifically to tweet on their feed.

I have never been too impressed with the looks of the Wilson irons before but those are pretty sweet lookin'

You know there's a reason Yoccos is marcawesome! Fantastic job Yoccos! Those are beautiful irons!

So glad to see Wilson Staff back for more Forum Testing!

Unfortunately, my game is no where near good enough or consistent enough right now to give those beautiful clubs their due. Good luck to all! There'll be 3 excited testers in a few days!

Thanks THP and Wilson Staff! Seriously!! :D

wow - More forum testing!!! Great video JB and Yoccos! These are indeed drool worthy!
TaylorMade MC`s
KBS Tour Stiff
4. Are you right handed or left handed?
Right handed
I would take these to the course 3+ times a week and report back after petty much every time playing. We have a range that I can use to gauge yardages and side by side comparisons with my existing irons. I have always been a Wilson staff fan, and I would love the opportunity to test these out. My activity level on THP is pretty high, I read a lot more than I post as during work hours I can only post from my phone (but that doesn`t stop me) If selected for the testing process, I will answer any and all questions on these irons, and promise lots of videos and informational posts. :)

Thanks to Wilson Staff and THP for yet another crazy good forum testing opportunity!

1. What irons do you currently play? I'm playing a mix of Callaway X-18's and Ben Hogan Forged Edges
2. What is your handicap index? Currently 22
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? My shafts are mixed, but I have played many and really like Project X and the bit of time I spent with KBS was great... Stiff shaft.
I get out to play 2-3 rounds a month and am at the range once a week (2 ranges within 10 mins of home and 1 down the street from work)
I can get a lot of range feedback on these irons which would probably be more useful than my actual round feedback... I spend a lot of time in the rough and have a lot of kinks to work out. My game is progressively improving, and as it does I learn more and am able to provide more feedback.
I am in the middle of a move now, so I have a little less free time, but still make it out to the range and my weekend 9 or 18. I'm active on THP... ask the members that are active and they will tell you.

Last edited:
I keep drooling over here. What an opportunity. Paired with the KBS shafts these must feel like hitting a ball with a cloud. Thank you THP & Wilson Staff!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back