Pure Shot Forum Testing Review Thread

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THP has sent out Pure Shot training aids to the forum testers that were selected after signup and here is a list of those that will be providing feedback in this thread.

SpacemanSpiff
DMB012
wakeriderof87
INGolfer
IceyShanks
ghsace
JRod

This thread will be for them to offer their long term thoughts as they use the training aid and offer feedback as to how they work for them.

Lets keep this thread clear until the guys start getting their drivers in and posting initial thoughts. Thanks.

Just wanted to bump this as I have videos uploading and will be editing this post as they finish.

- A. Quiros

PS yes that is my "yard" , now you see why I was asking about help.

Great first thoughts Jrod, if this device makes you hit the ball further I might have to run and get one right away.

Nice first video ... although the pacman effect really throws me off!

I have some questions that I would like to ask outloud, and see if maybe someone has some insight. Soon as I'm back from dinner I will write them up, along with some more thoughts after using this and thinking about it for a bit.

I came home today (pretty late for me as I had a ton of stuff to do this PM) and found that wonderful long rectangular box standing next to the door. I had to push that giddy feeling aside unfortunately, as I had to do about 40 minutes of yard work which took up the rest of the daylight before I could play with my new toy. Before I took out the Pure Shot Driver to the range tomorrow to beat balls, I wanted to give my first initial impressions.

First thoughts: It seems to be a really well made training device. The grip, while a stock rubber without cord, has a ton of tack and stick to it. The shaft is an attractive black and yellow which reminds me vaguely of a reverse UST proforce axivcore in color scheme. Shaft seems to feel very solid and not too whippy. This was one of my main concerns when I heard that there was only one shaft offering. It also comes with a pretty cool black and yellow zip up headcover, which not all training tools have. The weight of the club seems to mirror mine at least on initial comparison, which is another plus. The face feels very solid with that circular hitting zone feeling somewhat like a flat quarter in the middle of the hitting surface. So far, I am very impressed with the construction of the club and its appearance. I've included some pictures of the parts of the club that weren't really featured on JB's intro video or in the Pure Shot video from the website. I will have much much more feedback tomorrow after I go to the range. Hit Em' Straight Everyone!!
IMG_6590.jpg
IMG_6595.jpg
IMG_6597.jpg
IMG_6596.jpg

JRod...."That was practice" after the ball was knocked from the tee LOL...cracked me up.

Great stuff, can't wait to read along with this, its intriguing for sure, I'm still not real sure what I think of it.

Great videos JRod and post ghsace. I'm looking forward to all of the reviews on this training aid.

Great video JRod! This thing has me really intrigued.

This thing looks scary to me. Nice video Lanky Ninja! I'm not sure if something can be beneficial if I'm terrified of hitting it.

I think this has to be the most interesting training clubI’ve ever seen. I guess I’m still alittle confused how it works but that’s what we are all about to find out. There are some many questions I have. Did it come with a video or instruction manualor are you just suppose to swing it and eventually you’ll figure out how to hitit on the sweet spot? Sounds like a clubyou want to be on the range by yourself with because it can make you lookreally really bad. Can't wait to see the actually ball flight JRod

Ok so after hitting this thing and thinking about it I wanna talk outloud and ask some questions and maybe someone can answer them. Some of them are rhetorical.

1. This isn't MY driver. I'm kind of confused how learning to hit this thing well can translate to my gamer. The shaft weight,flex profile, and just about everything else is different from what I game. This thing feels like I am swinging a twig compared to my gamer.

2. What advantage does this give you over a roll of 5$ impact tape? It's nice to "see" your miss but how valuable is it?

3. What does this actually fix? It may tell you you are missing the sweet spot but what exactly does it do to help you hit it?

4. I see how this could be extremely disheartening to someone who thinks they strike the ball well consistantly. Perhaps this is also a pro and can make people realize they need to work on this aspect of their game. With todays drivers and the massive forgiveness they have it's not always so easy to tell if you are missing the sweet spot.

5. The yellow head is obnoxious.

Pros:

1. The item seems to be well made. It's a titanium head and comes equipped with a nice grip. The shaft feels extremely light to me but I prefer a very heavy shaft, more so than most people.

2. Seeing your ball flight and immediately knowing where you missed is extremely nice and alot more time conservative than using tape, however we are back to that question, is it worth it?

The real thing that concerns me is when I buy a training aid I expect it to help me fix something, not exaggerate it. Perhaps I am not completely aware of the fine things of how this works. I realize it has an exagerated alignment line to promote an in to out swing path but is that enough?

More to come.

I was expecting the camera to be set up behind the ball, not beside it, just in case one went right for it! On the ones you hit the sweet spot on, how was the flight and distance?

I was expecting the camera to be set up behind the ball, not beside it, just in case one went right for it! On the ones you hit the sweet spot on, how was the flight and distance?

Flew nice and straight, it was getting dark really fast so I couldn't even see where the ball actually ended up landing. Hopefully as the weather improves over the next few days I can get some shots from DTL so you can see the ball flight on a well struck shot and a miss as well.

The way I plan on going into this tomorrow (after much deliberation) is not so much the physical feedback, but the mental feedback. Mentally, if I can hit this club even 3 times consistently in a row on the quarter sized hitting area - how easy is my driver head going to seem? With me, confidence off the tee is almost more important than mechanics. When I attack the ball, I'm fine- long and straight. When I don't commit fully I have serious problems.

I think this has to be the most interesting training clubI’ve ever seen. I guess I’m still alittle confused how it works but that’s what we are all about to find out. There are some many questions I have. Did it come with a video or instruction manualor are you just suppose to swing it and eventually you’ll figure out how to hitit on the sweet spot? Sounds like a clubyou want to be on the range by yourself with because it can make you lookreally really bad. Can't wait to see the actually ball flight JRod

I looked for a manual and didn't see anything. I'm curious because there are lines on the grip which i don't know if they mean anything, or if there is antyhing else I am missing.

Flew nice and straight, it was getting dark really fast so I couldn't even see where the ball actually ended up landing. Hopefully as the weather improves over the next few days I can get some shots from DTL so you can see the ball flight on a well struck shot and a miss as well.
Are you going to be in Ankeny October 15th?

I looked for a manual and didn't see anything. I'm curious because there are lines on the grip which i don't know if they mean anything, or if there is antyhing else I am missing.

I also noticed the alignment aid on the top looked like itwas curved, was it the pictures or is that true?

I also noticed the alignment aid on the top looked like itwas curved, was it the pictures or is that true?

It's curved, they say it's to promote an in to out swing path.

Slightly curved

Ninja great video, 3 out of 4 ain't bad. I like the way you think and the questions you posted.
Is the shaft whippy? You also compared the club to a twig as it was related to your driver. How so?

Kongfrontation

Great videos. I am interested to see if this translates into game improvement.

Back