Are you a gun owner?

One day, I will own you.... *drool*

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/...70151_757752_757751_ProductDisplayErrorView_Y
108485_01_md.jpg

I retired from the NYPD last October and only own the guns I've used throughout my career, on and off-duty. Glock 19, Ruger "Service-Six," and Ruger "SPNY."

When you retire from the NYPD and if you live outside the confines of the city, you have to voucher your guns to claim later once you acquire your NYS carrier's permit. Even though I'd long since received my permit, for whatever reason, I only claimed my guns last Monday.

I think they're still mad at me. :wink:

I'll be looking to buy a compact semi sometime soon, maybe a .380. I'll have to research it. Mine are too bulky for daily carry and the 5-shot SPNY just won't do.

I retired from the NYPD last October and only own the guns I've used throughout my career, on and off-duty. Glock 19, Ruger "Service-Six," and Ruger "SPNY."

When you retire from the NYPD and if you live outside the confines of the city, you have to voucher your guns to claim later once you acquire your NYS carrier's permit. Even though I'd long since received my permit, for whatever reason, I only claimed my guns last Monday.

I'll be looking to buy a compact semi sometime soon, maybe a .380. I'll have to research it. Mine are too bulky for daily carry and the 5-shot SPNY just won't do.

I have a Ruger .380 LCP I carry on me at all times off duty. Very small and easy to carry, pretty decent to shoot for how small it is, although it is definitely not something you want in a real fire fight, but would work in a pinch. I have a Glock 27 I will carry a good bit as well. Much harder to conceal but still doable with a larger shirt, and easy with a sweatshirt/jacket.

That seems like an odd policy for NYPD to have. It makes sense prior to HR 218, but now that you can legally carry almost anywhere, seems odd to make you apply for a carry permit.

Why yes I am, Ruger .40 full size, Glock 19 I bought for my wife but carry it sometimes. Smith & Wesson .357 6 shooter model 19-3 and a M & P .40 compact for my everyday carry. 3 shotguns, 1 .22 and a Omega .50 smokepole. Sold all my rifles as I only bowhunt but love my pistols. I am in the market for either the Kimber UCII or something smaller like a .380.

Sig 220 .45, SA xd .40 and 9mm, Ruger service 6 .357, Ruger .380 pocket pistol, Ruger sp101 .32 H&R magnum, shotguns and rifles.

I have a Ruger .380 LCP I carry on me at all times off duty. Very small and easy to carry, pretty decent to shoot for how small it is, although it is definitely not something you want in a real fire fight, but would work in a pinch. I have a Glock 27 I will carry a good bit as well. Much harder to conceal but still doable with a larger shirt, and easy with a sweatshirt/jacket.

That seems like an odd policy for NYPD to have. It makes sense prior to HR 218, but now that you can legally carry almost anywhere, seems odd to make you apply for a carry permit.

Thanks for the rec's, I'll look into them. I'm not a gun buff by any means so my experience with the various manufacturers is extremely limited, but Rugers just tend to feel right in my hand.

As for the permit, NY is very restrictive in its gun reg's, particularly NYC. A NYS carrier's permit is not even valid for non-city residents within the confines of the city without a special exemption given by the police commissioner's office. As former NYPD, thankfully, I automatically qualify for the exemption.

As difficult as the city can be, ironically they're very good with retiring LEO's who happen to be city residents. Acquiring their permit is little more than a rubber stamp and week or two delay. For me, just 30 miles to the north, from the date of filing to receiving my permit was more than two months.

Crazy.

I have a Springfield XD 40. It is the first and only gun I own and I bought it for home defense when I lived in a not so nice area. I definitely love going to the range and feel this was the best gun for me. I tried everything and for the price and durability, this was the best gun I could have bought. The glock for whatever reason just didnt sit in my hand comfortable no matter what I did.

I have a Glock 23 .40cal, Yugo Simi-auto AK-47, a Ruger 10/22, and a Charles Daly 12ga with an 18" barrel.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

I'm not sure how I've missed this thread till now...
I own a "few" firearms. If I had to choose between golf or hunting and shooting, I would be selling my golf clubs.

Rimfires are my favorites to shoot, but I have an AR, some deer rifles, shotguns and a 9mm pistol as well.
I would guess that I have better than a dozen rimfires and have a Browning T-Bolt on lay-away right now.
My collection includes 5 Ruger 10/22's... one of which has been converted to .17 Mach 2 and one pink/stainless for my little girl when she gets older.

On my wish list is a varmint model AR, Springfield XD and a smaller handgun for concealed carry.

I dont own any at this point. However, I just got back from my first hunting trip (unsuccessfully or sheep and elk) last weekend. While I was just on the trip for fun and not hunting myself, I am getting interested. We did a bunch of skeet shooting with a 12 gauge and really enjoyed it. Im thinking of getting a 12 gauge and starting some duck and pheasant hunting!

our house is definetely not a gun free zone--current favorite is a Springfield Armory loaded 1911that reallly shoots nice but also there are more--an EAA compact 1911, S&W 40, colt .380, couple of 45LC from cowboy days, Ruger single 6 and colt woodsman 22cal. SKS 7.62x39, Hi tech .40 in 'assault' style, sporterized 6.5mm Swedish for deer hunting, 17cal ruger rifle, Belgian Browning auto five(neglected) plus some just for throwing in the back of truck when road hunting varmits

learning how to shoot a gun has always been something i would love to do but with the gun laws here in ireland its never gonna happen unless you know someone who is willing to teach you on there land :-(

Have you guys heard of the Second Amendment Foundation? SAF.org

They do great things in terms of protecting our right to bear arms.

I have a Sig P250 .40 for home protection.

Thanks for the rec's, I'll look into them. I'm not a gun buff by any means so my experience with the various manufacturers is extremely limited, but Rugers just tend to feel right in my hand.

As for the permit, NY is very restrictive in its gun reg's, particularly NYC. A NYS carrier's permit is not even valid for non-city residents within the confines of the city without a special exemption given by the police commissioner's office. As former NYPD, thankfully, I automatically qualify for the exemption.

As difficult as the city can be, ironically they're very good with retiring LEO's who happen to be city residents. Acquiring their permit is little more than a rubber stamp and week or two delay. For me, just 30 miles to the north, from the date of filing to receiving my permit was more than two months.

Crazy.

Why would a retired LEO need one at all? According to federal law current and retired LEO's can carry regardless of state or local laws. That being said, you're better off avoiding the hassle and grabbing one.

Haha when I left NY to move to Florida I left my Off Duty weapons at a Station. Oh did I mention almost 2 years. lol. My wife was happy!

I'm adding a Beretta Extrema 2 to the collection. You can never have too many guns.

Not a gun owner. Actually have moved to a big hunting area, and fully intend to take up turkey and duck hunting at some point. Next time the gun safety course is around and I have the spare weekend off I'll likely take it. We have a big hunting shop down the street that people drive from all around to go to, which will make getting started easy.

I have a Glock 23 (compact .40 cal) and a 16 gauge shotgun. Want to get a rifle just haven't budgeted for one yet. 30 .06 is hi on the list.

I own a few shotguns and a rifle or two. I have pondered a handgun, but don't want it in the house with my kid. I might get one down the road, but my wife would have to learn to use it before that would happen.

I'm in MA which rivals NY and CA for gun control. Thankfully, I have a CCW permit which is like hitting the lottery here. I have a Berretta Tika in .308 with a Nikon scope, 2 x AR15 (one I assembled after purchasing the lower), 1 AK, Ruger 10/22, Mosin Nagant in 7.62x54R russian made, Glocks 22, 23, 27, 36. SW MP40c, Star B 1911 in 9mm, SW 1911, Star PD in .45, Ruger MkIII in .22, Sig Mosquitto, Ruger .38sp wheel, Remington 1100 12 gauge....and a few others.....I also have my FFL C&R license which i would recomend to EVERY owner.

I have a Mossberg 435 pump, use it for duck, dove hunting. Going to purchase a high powered rifle sooner or later. What's better for deer hunting a .270 or .30-06?

Back