Belly Putt Unboxing and Installation Pics

Anytime Smallie!

Id personally go for the smaller grip one. Its more versatile, i.e Claw grip, reverse, bent standup grip. You have more control with one hand on the smaller grip if need be.

Or.. HEY... try it on both?

Seems pretty cool.

So here's the videos of the installation. So simple to do, even I could do it! I have three videos, the first is showing what's included in the kit; the second is doing the conversion; and the third is a wrap-up. I measured after I was done and I am going to try this at 40 inches the first time.

I decided to use the newer putter for this. This one has the smaller, standard grip. My older putter is basically the same thing, but is about 11 years old and has a Jumbo Crown grip on it. I will probably do the same thing with it in another round.

First thanks goes to Thainer, who sent me this when he heard I was considering a belly putter. Second thanks goes to Puttin4Bird, who sent it to Thainer to play around with.

I'll update my thoughts with this until I decide whether to stick with a standard length or buy a real belly putter.

Great videos, Im def interested in this thing, going to have to look them up

Great videos Smalls! That looked absolutely simple!

Nice vids Smalls! I'm so interested in this! I'll definately think about buying one!

I wish golf was as easy as Tapatalk.

Thanks for the vide Smalls - definitely going to order one and give it a try. SO simple, I am impressed.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Thanks for the vide Smalls - definitely going to order one and give it a try. SO simple, I am impressed.

Tappin' from my iPad!

and its only 39.99, great deal IMO

I'm ready to try this thing out! Looks like I won't until Monday though.

This has me pondering for sure

Every time I go to golf town I look in the putter section for belly putters and there isn't any! Maybe I will order one of these to try out depending on how the reviews are.

Look for the first one from me on Monday night!

First time. Although my last two or three rounds I have been crouching over farther and sticking my 35" putter in my belly. I like that but it's hard on the back!

First time. Although my last two or three rounds I have been crouching over farther and sticking my 35" putter in my belly. I like that but it's hard on the back!

Even harder when you have a 33" like me! Strange, I either want to go shorter (31.5") or longer (43") I am not very happy currently....

This is super interesting. I may give one of these a shot before I pull the trigger on the spider ghost belly putter I have been eyeing. :) thanks for the videos!

Tap, tap, tap. Just tap it in Happy

This is super interesting. I may give one of these a shot before I pull the trigger on the spider ghost belly putter I have been eyeing. :) thanks for the videos!

Interested to see how this works for you either way bro. You are a really streaky putter.

Interested to see how this works for you either way bro. You are a really streaky putter.

Streaky just means bad 90% of the time. 34 putts yesterday and I made at least 3 from 10-60ft. Thinking the belly putter may help with the short ones.

Hahaha woops. I totally didnt do that. Enjoy Smallie, cant wait to hear the results...

I knoiw! I had to remove yours first, haha.

There is no way I could do that with my putter, its a 34", I would have to crouch far to over and my back would hurt by the third hole!

First round using this. I had 39 putts, which is higher than normal, but I had a few things going against me. First, and worst, is the aerated greens. Second, and this is going to take some getting used to, is the distance control. I left most of my first putts short. Online, but short. I got four past the hole and made each putt coming back.

What I like about this is I have the confidence that the ball is going to go where I aim it; I didn't push or pull a single putt. I did hit it offline, but that was because of bad reads, not bad putts.

I also shortened it up a little. 40" was having me stand too upright, so I brought it down to 39". I think that works better for me.

Thanks for sharing your initial thoughts, Smalls. Not surprised that there is a little break in period.

Thanks for sharing your initial thoughts Smalls! Like Hawk said, probably going to be a breaking in period and whatnot. Looking forward to seeing you progress with it.

First round using this. I had 39 putts, which is higher than normal, but I had a few things going against me. First, and worst, is the aerated greens. Second, and this is going to take some getting used to, is the distance control. I left most of my first putts short. Online, but short. I got four past the hole and made each putt coming back.

What I like about this is I have the confidence that the ball is going to go where I aim it; I didn't push or pull a single putt. I did hit it offline, but that was because of bad reads, not bad putts.

I also shortened it up a little. 40" was having me stand too upright, so I brought it down to 39". I think that works better for me.

Hard to get a good feel for a putter with the aerated greens, those are such a pain.

Did you feel that your putting stroke was improved (better feel, tempo) using the longer putter?

Back