LPGA: WalMart Championship (Spoilers)

I hate the knee high sock look. I'd rather see the legs!

That was a clutch round by Sara Brown today. Out of nowhere she shot 65 for T12 at -5, after not making an LPGA cut all year. I wasn't a fan of hers on Big Break but there's no denying she has some spunk and can quickly regain her game after poor play. Last year she got through LPGA Q School despite a weak season on the Futures Tour. And this round of 65 follows a disastrous 85 in the final round of the Ladies European Tour event last weekend, including a 48 on the front nine with a 10 on a par 5.

Hound Dog's LPGA blog did a very good rundown on the needs of the lower tier players toward retaining playing status for next year. Basically there are three levels: Top 80 for full status, then 81-100 and 101-125 for lower levels of status. Sara has no LPGA earnings with only this week and next week remaining. But unlike the PGA where a win would be required she can easily rescue her season with a decent round tomorrow. Hound Dog estimates $62,000 is needed for Top 80. That would equate to a T5 or better this week (plus potential earning next week at Navistar, with a lower purse).

For Top 100, Hound Dog says the target number is $34,000. That's roughly 10th this week. To crack the 125 for minimum 2012 status Hound Dog thinks $12,397 will be enough. That's in the 35-40 range this week. Some of the payouts are difficult to estimate because I don't have the exact purse breakdown. Obviously a large number of players tied at the same number lowers the payoff than a solo spot.

Sara could also get into the LPGA Titleholders event at the end of the season if she's among the Top 3 finishers this week who are not already qualified.

Hmm... Paula Creamer is wearing knee-high pippi long stocking socks that have a hint of "cat in the hat" style. Looks terrible in my opinion, but perhaps she is trying to distract her playing competitors.

I just tuned in and man o man, that is not a look I think is becoming to her. ugh.

Could do without the long stockings.

I think she looked fine with the socks.

Yani wins again.
Playoff win over Amy Yang.
For those keeping score at home,
Kris T got a top 10 I believe.

I'm not sure competing with NFL opening weekend would be a good time to play one of their majors. Actually, I am sure and it wouldn't be. However, I did watch last night and it was a great featured group.

I thought about that, and it's a fair point. I think you're not getting the nfl audience either way, so I think having a major in this slot would command more of the golf audience than you otherwise would.

Decided to turn this on. I know who won already, but I don't mind watching.

I don't like Ai Miyazato in the long socks either.

Tough day for No H Brown, but she sure is cute.

Yani Tseng is just unreal, 5th win of the season with 2 majors, just unreal.

Wish Stacy Lewis had had a better weekend.

I think she looked fine with the socks.

I actually liked the socks for some reason. I figured Yani would win this weekend after draining the eagle on 18 day 1 she was overpowering that course.

Great long putt on 17 by Stacy though.

Creamer looks tons better without those hideous socks she had on yesterday.

Nice shot by No H. Hope she does well enough to make it on this tour.

i thought creamer looked good with the socks. im really enjoying the lpga more and more

Yani Tseng is just unreal, 5th win of the season with 2 majors, just unreal.

Tiger can only wish now for that type of year now.

tapping and talking from Tapatalk

Does anyone know how tall yani Tseng is. Because I was watching and I saw she has the longest drive average on the lpga tour yet she does not look that tall. Good swing mechanics??

Does anyone know how tall yani Tseng is. Because I was watching and I saw she has the longest drive average on the lpga tour yet she does not look that tall. Good swing mechanics??

She is about 5'6 or 5'5.

Back