Biggest CC Fairway Wood?

bobgeorge

Kentucky Wildcat Fan!
Reaction score
Handicap
All - 99% of the time I use my 3 Wood off the tee on short holes or tight fairways. I'm looking for a 3 or 4 Wood with a big head "cc" in the 16 to 17 degree range. The ones with bigger heads give me more confidence :]

Any recommendations?

Thanks!

BG

Cleveland FL
Bridgestone J40
Titleist 910 FD

All of these are pretty darn large.

The J40 JB mentioned comes in a strong 3 at 14* or 4 at 16*. Very affordable also from what I have seen!

Tour Edge Exotics would be my choice because they have a hot face, but they are not that large of a head. Maybe the Taylor Made Rocker Ballz 3 or 4 wood also. Seems I remember the Ping Rapture head being a little larger and and I think they made a 14* version. Just a thought I also used to use a 13* Cleveland Ti Launcher 3-wood as my driver. Good luck with this. If you really like the bigger heads some companies make 13,14,15 and even 16 degree drivers.

If big is all you are looking for, buy a starter set FW wood. Those things are basically small drivers. Some come in at 300cc.

Ping K15 is massive

Tappin!

Cleveland FL
Bridgestone J40
Titleist 910 FD

All of these are pretty darn large.

JB - I couldn't find a thread on the Bridgestone J40. I have the cleveland FL now. How does it compare? Thanks!

JB - I couldn't find a thread on the Bridgestone J40. I have the cleveland FL now. How does it compare? Thanks!

Similar, althought I think the FL is longer.

Maruman shuttle or some damn thing hawk tested was huge. Looked like a small driver.

Last edited:
Ping Rapture 14 degree 3 wood 229cc = mini-driver

Ping K-15
TM Burner 2.0 FW
Titleist F-D.

THe first two has long heads that stretch back.

The Cobra S3 has a nice size head to right? I wouldn't want the S3 Max because I do not need or want the offset.

The RBZ is a decent size, not huge though.

Thanks for all the advice! I ended up getting a K15 head with a Project X Black Shaft for $150 off a guy from another website...take a look below. I thought it was a great deal!

7066077509_365da3ccf8.jpg

7066077485_0edf2fb4e9.jpg

7066068885_50c56a04b2.jpg

7066074905_f2eb6de862.jpg

Great looking club bobgeorge!

Does anyone have any thoughts as far as performance, feel, etc, with the Bridgestone J40 14* with the PX shaft? I am not and haven't been enamored with my Titleist 910F and am looking at this or the Cleveland Mashie strong 3W. Any input would be much appreciated on the Stone. I know the Mashie has been well reviewed and received by THP members.

Ping Rapture at 229cc is one of the biggest 3 woods available AFAIK - and it is huge! Really does feel like your hitting a driver at times.

For me it was a little to big, which is why I settled on the RBZ 3 wood which is 197cc and feels like a 3 wood - despite the fact it goes like a driver :)

Not sure what you are looking for in a 3-wood, but if distance and ease of use is high on the list and price is not an issue I would say try the Tour Edge Exotics XCG-5 or Trilogy. I would think with the design you might be able to play the Trilogy with a lower loft because it launches higher than the XCG-5. If you like a lower ball flight and don't mind a little less forgiveness you might try the Tour Edge CB-4.

Back