Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Play about the same amount

Votes: 49 60.5%
  • Play a little bit less

Votes: 9 11.1%
  • Play a lot less

Votes: 11 13.6%

• Total voters
I refuse to take a cart if possible, and when I do, I usually walk the course and make the person drive my bag around.

i always walk but i do have an electric trolley. walking is far better for your fitness but i do see the dangers of walking in extreme heat

I have never used a cart so to me they are a bit of a novelty that I would love to use once or twice, but I love walking the course, to me it's all part of the experience. Especially if its a particularly nice course then its a special treat.

I always prefer to walk the course with my pushcart. I think I would probably play a little more often if there were no carts at all. My favorite local course isn't very walker friendly, with long distances between greens and tee boxes,It's also a busy course and hard to get a good tee time.
If no one could use a cart, then a lot of those tee times would open up.
On the other hand, course revenue would drop and the conditions would suffer.
I guess things are fine... just the way they are.

Here I would play about the same. I used to only walk until I joined the club I'm a member at now, and you have to take a cart at this club so I haven't walked in a while. I do like walking the course and miss it quite a bit.

Carts are provided as part of the green fee at the state owned course across the street. Also provided at the country club. However I prefer to walk. I'll only take a cart if I'm playing with my dad and it's summer time and 100F+ out. I just carry my bag, not a fan of the push/pull carts.

I tend to walk most of the time I play anyways, unless it is a charity event where a cart is provided.

we dont have a lot of courses that offer buggies. i walk my course with an electric trolley every week.

I have to say, if there were no carts, I'm sure companies like Sun Mountain and Clicgear would get a TON more buisness.

I wish golf was as easy as Tapatalk.

I'm like a lot of you guys, I prefer to walk. I'll ride a cart here and there but honestly feel that I play better when I walk. A pull cart is essential, around here the courses are incredibly hilly and carrying the bag gets tough.

I feel like my core and hamstrings get warm (& thus my back) and I play better when I walk. Does anyone else feel like walking helps their game?

I've had major issues with my knees. One knee replacement and the other will probably need to be replaced in the future. I ride now, but I need to walk more to get in better shape. I remember walking all the time, but I started riding when my father-in-law got elderly. I also rode more because of many of the courses required carts and would not let you walk. If I get my Christmas gift I want (push cart), I will definitely walk most of the time.

i voted a whole lot less if ever
ive walked courses my whole life most of it carrying
ive also been surfing my whole life and my knees are trashed
i actually love walking but a few holes later my knees get sore and the next morning they look like balloons
plus the fastest ive played a round walking on an empty course all by myself was over 3hrs
the fastest ive played a round on an empty course all by myself riding was under 2 hrs
even when its cartpath only i can get around faster on a cart
i am now a cart golfer

I love to walk the golf course. I've walked some long courses over my time in golf and I prefer it to riding. Granted carts are faster but walking keeps you closer to the game in my opinion.

Kongfrontation

It really doesnt matter to me. Its about the golf not the walking to me.

Back