The Official 2011 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
As bad as the Cowboy defense was playing last year it would not have mattered who was playing QB for them, John Elway would have struggled to be 6 and 10. Some people just don't like Romo, they are going to look for reasons to pick at him. I think he is good enough to take them to the SB if they get their defense fixed and the OL continues to develop. He does make dumb mistakes at times but all of them with few exceptions do that. Cowboys looked good considering their OL is barely old enough to shave and they were down to 4th and 5th string corners in the second half.

I agree with this. Cowboys defense has been it's biggest problem. It was good for most of the game and even held after that last Romo int. If Dez would have knocked him out of bounds sooner they may not have made that FG.

Tapatalk: even Romosexuals use it

I was surprised to see that Cutler didn't have any INTs

Saints are way overrated and their pre game chant is stupid.

Jay didnt quit, it was a real injury OEM...leave Tina alone!

Thanks Ike!!! I knew I could always count on you to set original equipment in place haha.

Jay Cutler played great against the Falcons. I thought he looked real good yoccos. I also thought Romo looked good against the Jets. One pass, that was it. Poor guy.

Thanks buddy. Romo did have a good pass but he just hates inside the red zone for some reason.

Yeah...Romo's pouting face had nothing on his

You do realize the NFL started this weekend and Cutler ripped up the Falcons right???

I dont like OEM right now

Romo good enough to take them to the Super Bowl? He isn't even good enough to catch a field goal snap in the playoffs. I will believe Romo is good enough to go to a Super Bowl when I see it.

Agree - this guy makes one boneheaded mistake after another when the game is on the line and the bright lights are shining on him! There are certain guys who have "it", and Tony Romo is not one of them!

Saints are way overrated and their pre game chant is stupid.
Thanks Ike!!! I knew I could always count on you to set original equipment in place haha.
Thanks buddy. Romo did have a good pass but he just hates inside the red zone for some reason.
You do realize the NFL started this weekend and Cutler ripped up the Falcons right???

Haha I agree with #1 110%! And I know Cutler did well I was just making a joke because Romo was pouting after the game like Cutler used to...but he looked more constipated then sad.

Agree - this guy makes one boneheaded mistake after another when the game is on the line and the bright lights are shining on him! There are certain guys who have "it", and Tony Romo is not one of them!

I love when the experts talk.

***Skim Alert***

Other than the obvious bad interception last night my thoughts on the Cowboys loss.

Lack of depth in the secondary and receiver corp (OK, the secondary didn't do too bad but the lack of depth will be a problem). Why was Bryant out there let alone against Revis?
Coaching. Is there offense really so difficult to call the plays and get them into the game? How many delay of game penalties did they get? Not to mention "let's go against a really good defense and let them know we'll be snapping the ball with 1 second left on the clock."
A little related to the above, Romo needs to audible better. Maybe he didn't have time due to above, maybe he's just not competent enough to audible to anything but throwing it to Witten (which actually worked out good for me in FF). That 3rd and 1 run by Choice towards the end of the game should not have happened, it should have been audibled to go to the right where there wasn't much of a defence at all.

I agree with this. Cowboys defense has been it's biggest problem. It was good for most of the game and even held after that last Romo int. If Dez would have knocked him out of bounds sooner they may not have made that FG.

Tapatalk: even Romosexuals use it

Dez bruised his quad. Dude couldn't run anymore much less catch up to Revis. Should not have been a target in that situation

Haha I agree with #1 110%! And I know Cutler did well I was just making a joke because Romo was pouting after the game like Cutler used to...but he looked more constipated then sad.

Noone pouts like Cutler lol.

I love when the experts talk.

I love when OEM comes in and wrecks people in this thread.

***Skim Alert***

Other than the obvious bad interception last night my thoughts on the Cowboys loss.

Lack of depth in the secondary and receiver corp (OK, the secondary didn't do too bad but the lack of depth will be a problem). Why was Bryant out there let alone against Revis?
Coaching. Is there offense really so difficult to call the plays and get them into the game? How many delay of game penalties did they get? Not to mention "let's go against a really good defense and let them know we'll be snapping the ball with 1 second left on the clock."
A little related to the above, Romo needs to audible better. Maybe he didn't have time due to above, maybe he's just not competent enough to audible to anything but throwing it to Witten (which actually worked out good for me in FF). That 3rd and 1 run by Choice towards the end of the game should not have happened, it should have been audibled to go to the right where there wasn't much of a defence at all.

Dez bruised his quad. Dude couldn't run anymore much less catch up to Revis. Should not have been a target in that situation

These two points go well together and something I was wondering. Why the hell was Dez in there if he couldnt run much less push Revis out of bounds? They have other WR's like Ogletree. If he was hurt sit him down.

These two points go well together and something I was wondering. Why the hell was Dez in there if he couldnt run much less push Revis out of bounds? They have other WR's like Ogletree. If he was hurt sit him down.

Agreed. Dez did well at the beginning and I think he is going to have a huge year, but we need to let him rest if hes not 100%. He hurt us more than he helped us at the end of that game. Oh well, 0-1 to start the year, but lets hope we can start playing better.

rant/ Damn, I hope the Bucs get their crap together or else it will be a long season. /rant

Cowboys won't make the playoffs of Romo keeps playing like last night

Makes the Jets use Revis on him. I understand why he was out there and I agree with that decision. My only fault is why the play was designed to go to him. Romo never looked to the other side. Austin/Ogletree both had been playing well and Witten/Phillips had played outstanding. Plus you had Felix coming out of the backfield. That play call and the execution were head scratchers. Dez is a beast!!!! By the way he was hurt on the punt return. Why is he returning punts?!

Cowboys won't make the playoffs of Romo keeps playing like last night

Romo been playing like that his whole career

MattyCaulk Aka Hawk hunter

Makes the Jets use Revis on him. I understand why he was out there and I agree with that decision. My only fault is why the play was designed to go to him. Romo never looked to the other side. Austin/Ogletree both had been playing well and Witten/Phillips had played outstanding. Plus you had Felix coming out of the backfield. That play call and the execution were head scratchers. Dez is a beast!!!! By the way he was hurt on the punt return. Why is he returning punts?!

This is a great point. It was a tunnel vision moment and looked to be panicked. Its something not new to Romo, but something he has apparently worked extremely hard at over the offseason which is working within the game rather than "at the game". Its a struggle he has had for a long time, but I still think he turns the corner this year and makes his move towards being the QB that so many expect him to be. There is too much talent around him to not make that move and he has too much talent as well. Lots of guys with great talent never make it in the NFL, but he will not fall to that extreme. Word is, he is already watching tape on the mistakes (only about 4-5 last night) and he will correct them.

This is a great point. It was a tunnel vision moment and looked to be panicked. Its something not new to Romo, but something he has apparently worked extremely hard at over the offseason which is working within the game rather than "at the game". Its a struggle he has had for a long time, but I still think he turns the corner this year and makes his move towards being the QB that so many expect him to be. There is too much talent around him to not make that move and he has too much talent as well. Lots of guys with great talent never make it in the NFL, but he will not fall to that extreme. Word is, he is already watching tape on the mistakes (only about 4-5 last night) and he will correct them.

As much as I was down on him last night, I still love him. Activate TO voice////He's my QB man/////Deactivate TO voice.
I think he was solid and I honestly think he will learn from last nights game. He will learn that not getting into the end zone is not the end of the world and well, I don't know what he will learn from that last play. The other throw that was a complete head scratcher was the roll to the right and pass back to the left to Witten who was completely double covered. That was typical Romo. He cuts those in half and he is a great QB.

As much as I was down on him last night, I still love him. Activate TO voice////He's my QB man/////Deactivate TO voice.
I think he was solid and I honestly think he will learn from last nights game. He will learn that not getting into the end zone is not the end of the world and well, I don't know what he will learn from that last play. The other throw that was a complete head scratcher was the roll to the right and pass back to the left to Witten who was completely double covered. That was typical Romo. He cuts those in half and he is a great QB.

The problem or let down about last nights game was he played so good for 3 almost 4 quarters. Then one or two stupid plays ruins the whole game. Its one thing to do it in a blow out but in a close game its a killer. Another thing with Romo is his WR's bail him out A LOT. Dez and Miles can take balls away that might otherwise be intercepted.

I think they should stick Romo in a room and make him play Madden with electric shocks when he does stupid things.

It's called an audible.

FIFY....

I think they should stick Romo in a room and make him play Madden with electric shocks when he does stupid things.

It's called ball security.

Agreed, but that might be asking too much though.

Since I've skimmed a lot here anyone have any idea what screwey idea of an offensive line that was on the punt block? That was probably the bigges screw up for the Cowboys last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back