The BlackBerry Thread

The new tapatalk update just came out. Includes all phones with OS5 or later. Works quite well on the Torch.

quick little Torch update: I'm on my second phone now. After replacing the battery in my original phone, things were great for a few days then it went then I started having random issues with the phone. Finally the phone just wouldn't turn on so I took it back and AT&T replaced it. Not giving up as I have had good luck with Bberrys in the past and really like the functionality of this phone.

The new tapatalk update just came out. Includes all phones with OS5 or later. Works quite well on the Torch.

And I must add, much better than the Bold version. it actually fills up my screen!

quick little Torch update: I'm on my second phone now. After replacing the battery in my original phone, things were great for a few days then it went then I started having random issues with the phone. Finally the phone just wouldn't turn on so I took it back and AT&T replaced it. Not giving up as I have had good luck with Bberrys in the past and really like the functionality of this phone.

Mine goes in and out as far as sending/receiving messages but I dont want to take it in lol. Such a great phone though.

Mine goes in and out as far as sending/receiving messages but I dont want to take it in lol. Such a great phone though.

is it the service in your area? I remember you had issues with your Sprint service before you changed to ATT.
You will have a new phone within 3 weeks hehe

is it the service in your area? I remember you had issues with your Sprint service before you changed to ATT.
You will have a new phone within 3 weeks hehe

Lol, I have full bars and H+ service. It's the phone (just the one I have, not the Torch). But I don't want to get a new PIN lol.

Regarding Tapatalk for the BBerry - anyone notice that the participated threads icon is not as updated with new posts compared to viewing it on a computer? Tapa seems to not be up to speed with the showing latest replies and new posts on participated threads. On Tapa there shows no new posts to any participated threads - when I go on a computer there are several new replies to subscribed threads. I am confused - anyone have any ideas??

I have not seen that. I use the unread threads (or new threads) button and it works perfectly.

It's my understanding that the "Unread Threads" icon shows all new threads regardless of whether or not you have subscribed to them, whereas, the "Participated Icon" shows all replies and new posts to only subscribed threads.

It's my understanding that the "Unread Threads" icon shows all new threads regardless of whether or not you have subscribed to them, whereas, the "Participated Icon" shows all replies and new posts to only subscribed threads.

Anyone have a similiar experience?

it's nice to have some BB knowledge on and around THP...

i'm up for renewal (thru work) and i'm left to decide between the new Bold 9930 and the Torch 9850 (VZW).
i'm currently using the tour, which has been great for 2 years, but is slowly dying.
i rock the qwerty keyboard and would kill for a touchscreen and due to all the email use thru work, everything points towards the Bold as a perfect match.
but as well as a work phone, this doubles as my personal phone...so i want something i'll enjoy using as well.

my wife recently got an iPhone4 and that thing rocks ass! but i'm confident that the BB Torch 9850 is similar and can match that on some levels, which is why i would lean towards that device.

i've yet to have a hands-on with either phone, but definitely plan to before i buy.
does anyone have any insight that might help me decide either way?
and i know that BB will probably release QNX phones next year, but you can't keep up with technology. if i wait for those phones, "QNX II" (or something) will be released shortly after...it's never ending...

thanks.

The Bold is a touch screen as well as tactile keyboard, so you do get the best of both worlds. It is a very good phone with a phenomenal user experience. I have the Torch (touch and keyboard) only because AT&T did not have the new Bold available.

the new Bold does look slicker than the old models.
also has full html browser...

My BlackBerry died on me last night, sad to see her go. Fortunately work is getting me a brand new one, overnight. Been running the 9630 Tour with OS5, not sure how long it will take for me to get adjusted to the new one with OS 6 on it.

My BlackBerry died on me last night, sad to see her go. Fortunately work is getting me a brand new one, overnight. Been running the 9630 Tour with OS5, not sure how long it will take for me to get adjusted to the new one with OS 6 on it.

Do you know if they are sticking with OS6 and not giving you the new OS7?

old+blackberry.jpg

Nothing like carrying a scientific calculator in your pocket. :alien:

Reactions: TC
bwuahahaha

Yeah, cause thats what we are using.
That would be like saying "nothing like having a phone with no picture messaging or MMS".
Slight upgrades in the last few years for both devices I believe. Although I have not been Steve Jobs' prag the last 6 months, so you would have to tell me what else he has ripped off.

This must be OEM's computer too.

204799_550x515.jpg

zing???

Do you know if they are sticking with OS6 and not giving you the new OS7?

I am not sure, quite possible that it's going to be OS7, at least I hope so anyway.

Either way, it's going to be quite a jump from OS 5. Used to carry a BlackBerry as a personal phone, when we switched to them for Business, I started going with the iPhone (and throwing in an Android every now and then). So, since it's company issue, I was stuck with the Tour for a while.

Yeah, cause thats what we are using.
That would be like saying "nothing like having a phone with no picture messaging or MMS".
Slight upgrades in the last few years for both devices I believe. Although I have not been Steve Jobs' prag the last 6 months, so you would have to tell me what else he has ripped off.

This must be OEM's computer too.

204799_550x515.jpg

dude....can I get the Oregon Trail on that thing?

dude....can I get the Oregon Trail on that thing?

I loved that game. Check out the mouse dude! One big button.

hahaha, no right click? oh wait...apple still doesnt allow for that.

hahaha, no right click? oh wait...apple still doesnt allow for that.

Right click is too complicated for MAC users.

My Mac right clicks and left clicks just like my pc does.

Tapatalk: even Romosexuals use it

Back