TaylorMade R11 Irons Reviews

Very Noice, Forum Testing of the always sought after but seldom seen R11 irons....In the imortal words of Jeff Overton, Boom Baby!!

Well said. The more work that people put into reviews, the better that this site will look to manufacturers, which will mean more testing opportunities in the future.

Definitely looking forward to hearing the opinions of the testers on these irons. I think it's cool that in the iron segment, there will be testing ongoing for more of a players' iron (Wilson FG Tour V2), an iron that is a blend of GE and GI characteristics (TaylorMade R11), and an iron-hybrid set that is more in the SGI range (Adams A12 OS). It's a great mix of real-world opinions that every player can benefit from.

Agreed ary,
Even if it is just a coincidence it is very cool that we will see irons targeted it at 3 different sets of players. Awesome!

Let's not worry about this. If people don't sign up for Wilson or Adams that is their loss. As far as I'm concerned it should be an honor and a privilege to test everything and anything THP offers. I think we should just be excited with the idea that there are more opportunities popping up every day!

No doubt, it's been an honor just testing the icaddi and Vision golf balls. But it's just funny/crazy to see how much a brand name actually matters. Imagine if "blind club testing" was actually possible.
But back to R11 reviews!

Wow, there's going to be a lot of testing going on this fall. Thanks to Taylormade!!!!

I told you that the other day. you know it's all due to the Marketing of the irons and the fact that TM Is fairly new to the golf world :blob:

Off topic I know but...
Anyone want to guess how many pages the signup will have? Or better yet how many it'll have over the Adams and Wilson Staff combined?

Can't wait for more details.

I think as active forum members we need to make sure ppl don't just sign up for what is perceived as the top testing oppurtunities. Yes it's there loss but it also afects each and everyone of us on some level. Wilson and Adams deserve the same consideration as TM. Each test deserves the same level of excitemnt not just the "cherry" offering. If we just sit back and give some people a pass, well the problem will persit and that thread that we all hate will be brought up again.

The R11 testing that the MC have been doing is bring some attention to these irons. I want as most of do the same to be true for every other piece of gear that is tested. Until this point is heard and taken to heart by all that want to test, little jabs need to put out there from time to time. IMO....
Let's not worry about this. If people don't sign up for Wilson or Adams that is their loss. As far as I'm concerned it should be an honor and a privilege to test everything and anything THP offers. I think we should just be excited with the idea that there are more opportunities popping up every day!

Officially hyperventilating here! A effin R11 testing!?!?

Tadashi, I agree. You even saw this with the Adams irons. I counted at least 6 or 7 people that there first and only post was to test those irons and we probably won't see them again.

The problem is people feel like these are contests and not testings, and that is because they sign up for one chance at some irons and leave. Not sure how you really regulate that, but I think everyone should sign up for everything and if not selected stay active because this forum is more than testing.

If people stopped posting everytime they weren't tested for something they wanted, then we wouldn't have any forum members.

I think as active forum members we need to make sure ppl don't just sign up for what is perceived as the top testing oppurtunities. Yes it's there loss but it also afects each and everyone of us on some level. Wilson and Adams deserve the same consideration as TM. Each test deserves the same level of excitemnt not just the "cherry" offering. If we just sit back and give some people a pass, well the problem will persit and that thread that we all hate will be brought up again.

The R11 testing that the MC have been doing is bring some attention to these irons. I want as most of do the same to be true for every other piece of gear that is tested. Until this point is heard and taken to heart by all that want to test, little jabs need to put out there from time to time. IMO....

I officially request a THP Glossary. First entry: Voldemort - The thread-that-shall-not-be-named and is hated by all.

I agree, I get excited for every testing opportunity. It is about testing, not for waiting to test a new set of irons that you just want to own. I think that is what brings in biased opinions when someone waits for a specific product that they specifically want to own. They are more likely to have only positives to say about it rather than accepting the fact that a certain product may not be for them. I want honest, unclouded judgements on products when I read about them.

Guys lets keep this one about the irons. We have a forum testing feedback thread for other stuff.

You're right, someone slipped a soap box under my feet. I apologize...

Guys lets keep this one about the irons. We have a forum testing feedback thread for other stuff.

It is oustanding that there is going to be forum testing for the R11s. The wide variety of testing announced just in the last month is incredible.

Thank you to TaylorMade for continuing to allow the forum to test the great products you all are producing.

Exciting news...looking forward to the feedback on all testing going on so far. Everyone is setting a very high bar on their reports with all the pics, videos, and write-ups .

Wow that was a very interesting video.

The testing opportunities in the last month have been completely epic IMO. The feedback from these irons from those that are already playing them has been really good, and it will be great to see what others think as well.

So, who likes distance, forgiveness and sleakness now? I'm glad this thread will start getting some more activity.

So, who likes distance, forgiveness and sleakness now? I'm glad this thread will start getting some more activity.

of course it's going to get more activity...it's a chance a free stuff. But just remember it's not about the equipment

of course it's going to get more activity...it's a chance a free stuff. But just remember it's not about the equipment

It never is. Like I said though, these are the kind of irons that can change the golfing experience. I'm glad they'll be getting more attention.

Thanks TM and THP for having faith in us!

Not me. Id rather hit Mizunos. :alien: [activate that Sean guys voice] NOT [deactivate Seans voice]

OMG !!!
Those things are FREAKIN BEAUTIFUL !!!
I must test them...I will test them....well....I hope to anyway.
THP and Taylormade...a match made in heaven!

Not me. Id rather hit Mizunos. :alien: [activate that Sean guys voice] NOT [deactivate Seans voice]

Bwuahahaha! These irons have had my lust since I showed coolbreeze how to hit them.

Bwuahahaha! These irons have had my lust since I showed coolbreeze how to hit them.

Haha that's funny. I think it is a phenomenal chance for some guys to test some irons that are seemingly perfect in every way. Forgiveness and workability.

Seriously, if you run down the check list of what's attractive about an iron, the R11's have it all.

1. Distance
2. Forgiveness
3. Aesthetics

Workability is optional to me. It's not something that makes or breaks an iron for me. I much prefer high and straight over the ability to maneuver a golf ball. It's pretty exciting times and this opportunity sure does add more excitement.

Back