The Official 2011 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so what happened yesterday? I was too busy running errands and building a Swedish bed to get on here.

On paper I like Solder.....Huge dude who has good feet but not quite quick enough for theLT spot.....but Wake is a good speed rusher who may do some nice up and under moves on Solder if they don't keep a TE in to help him on that side.

Results last year: Dolphins lost 41-14 (special teams debacle in that game), and 38-7 (last game of the year, looked like they quit during the game). Historically, the Dolphins do play the Pats tough at home, but I'm being pessimistic this year. I still don't trust Chad Henne to protect the football, and the Pats make you pay when they get turnovers. The only way that the Dolphins win is if they do this: win the turnover battle, get a lot of pressure on Brady, can get a couple of big plays in the passing game, and also have some semblence of a running game.

I actually have a lot of faith in the Dolphins D, but going against that Pats offense, I still think they could get torched. One thing to watch for the Pats: their regular right tackle, Sebastian Vollmer, is out tonight, so they're going to start their 1st round pick, Nate Solder. He gets the pleasure of trying to block Cameron Wake for most of the night, could be a matchup the Dolphins can take advantage of. I'd actually prefer if they kept tight ends in to help block him because it takes those guys out of the routes.

Id love that Dolphins D to keep Brady and Gron under 20 points! Pretty please

When I opened up Yahoo Sports earlier today the headline said "Choker" and it was a picture of Romo, I am not even kidding I really did see this.

But can we really say Sanchez won the game for the Jets? Cause we know Romo blew it, but did Sanchez win it?

When I opened up Yahoo Sports earlier today the headline said "Choker" and it was a picture of Romo, I am not even kidding I really did see this.

it was brutal to watch. I thought the Cowboys played well last night for most of the game. Their secondary got pretty thin, but lets face it, their secondary isn't great when they are 100%. Leanohrd saved that game by knocking Witten out on the 3. I think that series also showed the inability of Dallas to run the ball last night. Marian Barber probably would have pounded that ball in the end zone. Those are the series they are going to miss him.

But can we really say Sanchez won the game for the Jets? Cause we know Romo blew it, but did Sanchez win it?

I'll always remember Bill Parcells saying this..."As a QB I don't need you to be the reason we won the game, I just need you to avoid being the reason why we lose." Cowboys lost last night because Tony became the Romo of old in the 4th qtr last night.

If he didn't, then who did?

I'll always remember Bill Parcells saying this..."As a QB I don't need you to be the reason we won the game, I just need you to avoid being the reason why we lose." Cowboys lost last night because Tony became the Romo of old in the 4th qtr last night.

I don't even recall there being a Romo of new. :alien:

I don't think Romo was the Romo of Old...he's just Romo being what he is...Romo being Romo

I don't think Romo was the Romo of Old...he's just Romo being what he is...Romo being Romo

Romo of new was in for the first 3 qtrs haha
It didn't last long

I don't know if Jets defense won it or the special teams plays did. Hard to tell but I would say Sanchez didn't win it.

This is painful to read because it's true. They were talking about whether or not Dallas would be better off without him at QB. We saw last year that Jon Kitna could get them playing pretty well at times, maybe Romo is too much of a choker to be successful. It's hard to imagine though because he puts up such gawdy numbers but frick man all those numbers mean absolutely nothing when you gift wrap the win for the other team not once, but twice late in the game.

I was pretty shocked to see them winning so convincingly for a while there. I still saw that ending coming from a mile away.

The Jets 1st drive in the 4th qtr, down by 14 was impressive. Sanchez brought them right down the field in 3 minutes and put up a TD to make it a game.

Look. Romo is Romo. He's better then most of the QB's in the league but the best. And Dallas is better with Romo. Im getting tired of the stupid INT's and fumbles at costly times but the right now QB of the Cowboys is Romo. He's not in the bench. Fact is Dallas was terrbile before Romo. He keeps them in games and they're a better team with him. Until he moves on and they draft another QB he's our guy.

Look. Romo is Romo. He's better then most of the QB's in the league but the best. And Dallas is better with Romo. Im getting tired of the stupid INT's and fumbles at costly times but the right now QB of the Cowboys is Romo. He's not in the bench. Fact is Dallas was terrbile before Romo. He keeps them in games and they're a better team with him. Until he moves on and they draft another QB he's our guy.
I love you OEM.

I just get frustrated because he's damn good 95% of the time but those mistakes just kill them. Of course the same was said about Favre throughout his entire career.

I love you OEM.

I just get frustrated because he's damn good 95% of the time but those mistakes just kill them. Of course the same was said about Favre throughout his entire career.

Agreed. Being a cowboys fan is so frustrating sometimes. He looks so good for awhile, but then the 4th quarter comes

I agree OEM, Romo is our man, it's not Kitna or even remotely McGee. I just wish Romo could play with a little more control at times, down at the goal had he just thrown that ball out of the end zone and they settled for the FG to go up by 10 midway through the 4th, the Cowboys take all the momentum back and go on to win.

He needs to learn that he can't win it by himself, but he can damn sure lose it by himself.

Yeah but Brett was a much better QB than Romo. There was always a risk/reward with Favre, with Romo it feels like it's more risk/risk.

Which Monday night game are you guys looking forward to watch?

Yeah but Brett was a much better QB than Romo. There was always a risk/reward with Favre, with Romo it feels like it's more risk/risk.
I certainly wasn't comparing the merit of Romo to Favre in any way, just pointing out that people said the same things about Favre who happens to be one of the best to ever play the game.

And I think Farve is part of the problem, He is Romo's boyhood hero and Tony tries to hard to play like him sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back