Hello from Bellingham!

Dan McClellan

Reaction score
Handicap
Hi THP! I'm currently in Bellingham, WA, working on a masters degree in biblical studies at Trinity Western University just across the border in Langley, BC. I recently completed a masters in Jewish studies at the University of Oxford (and got to play the New Course at St. Andrews a few times the week before the Open last summer). I've not played more than four or five times a year for the last decade, and a couple months ago I noticed there was a golf course just out my office window and decided I needed to pick things back up. I got a membership at the course and have played a couple to a few times a week ever since. I established a handicap so I could start playing in tournaments, but I'm still shaking the rust off, so it should go down over time.

I'm currently playing the same Top-Flite Tours I played ten years ago, along with some Cleveland wedges, a Ping Anser 2 putter, a Titleist 980f 3 wood a friend gave me, and an old Adams Insight driver I picked up somewhere along the way. I'm looking to completely overhaul my set, though, except, of course, for my old Ping Hoofer 2 golf bag. I've been looking at the TaylorMade R11, the Titleist 910D3, and the Ping G20. I'm favoring the Ping right now just because it's a little more economical and I seem to be more consistent with it. My driver clubhead speed is around 115, but I haven't taken a real close look at it. For my irons I would like to move toward something with more performance. When I'm in practice I prioritize workability, although I don't want to sacrifice too much forgiveness. I haven't narrowed my preferences down too much, though. I'm also interested in trying out a hybrid to replace my 3i. I don't carry a 5w, so there's a bit of a gap between the 3w and the 3i that I think would be better managed with a hybrid. I also need to find a good ball.

I look forward to participating here and I'm more than happy to field and questions or concerns. Thanks!

:welcome:

Welcome!!!

Welcome to THP.

Welcome to THP dan! You came to the right place. Lots of reviews and great insight on equipment here.

:welcome:

Welcome! Hope the game is kind to you while you start up again.

Welcome to THP.

Welcome to the forum! Head over to the Equipment section and all your questions will be answered!

I wish golf was as easy as Tapatalk.

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP, glad you found us.

Welcome Dan.

Thanks for pointing that thread out. I've hit the combos, as well as the straight blades. They both feel great. What I've gotta do is get out on the course and see how they play in a variety of situations. I also saw there's a thread for TaylorMade's Tour Preferred MB irons. I've hit those on a range as well, and they really feel smooth. Those are lucky guys that got to test them out.

Welcome! you can find club reviews on those that you were looking at.

Welcome to the forum. Impressive resume you have

Welcome!!!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to the forum!

Tappin' from my iPad!

Thanks everybody! You sure know how to make a person feel welcome!

Welcome!

Hi. Welcome to THP!!!

welcome to THP.

Welcome Dan- another newbie here.
Be sure to read the tech info as well to learn about tapatalk for mobile devices. Awesome- using it now

Back