Pure Shot Driver Training Aid

Very interesting. I like the colors. Interested if it really works. Look forward to results

That is a really interesting concept! My main question is what kind of shaft is in there, because if they have a very flexible shaft then it is going to throw the timing of your drives off and you are not going to hit the center anyways. Just my initial thoughts.

I don't mind the concept, however, I think it would be better on a shorter club. Most amateurs have a tendancy to swing the driver very hard and very fast which makes consistent contact difficult. I realize that this is the purpose of this club, but the looks of the "sweet-spot" on this club is fairly small. If consistent contact is the goal, wouldn't it be better to have it on a shorter iron or wedge setup? Even a mid or longer iron would be better in my opinion. Hitting that spot on the club will be difficult and look out when you hit it on the edge of that raised area.

ehhh, i'm not sold on this. i honestly don't think it was a well thought out training aid. i think there are much better drills and practice routines for honing in your sweet spot impact consistency, that you don't need a specific club for. especially with the driver...
and what about fixing your hook or slice? you can still hit bad shots from the sweet spot. and sometimes mishits off the toe or heel aren't so bad with the technology in drivers these days...
this looks dangerous and frustrating.

Hmmm...interesting. Curious to see if this actually offers benefit for the testers.

This "looks" cool and to the beginner could really be helpful at first at the minimum to the hand/eye aspect. But it could also form some terrible habits early that would be hard to erase...

Question for some. Wouldnt this really be shaft dependent? Meaning by training through repetition with this product to hit a smaller target on the face, then picking up a shaft that might have completely different properties, couldnt more issues arise?

Absolutely, especially for those who were fitted and know what works in what they've got right now.

Pretty interesting, almost more for eye/hand coordination training, but again it might become an issue when returning to your regular shaft. With the expanding sweet spots in most driver faces today, I think what I need is more of a swing/shift trainer than a sweet spot aid. But, hope this works out.

Agreed here, I think it could work. Could be dangerous to all those around you though!

I don't know how well it would work. Like JB mentioned, the shafts would have huge affects when swapping between the aid and the real club.

Gotta admit, I loled at "Opposite of concave."

Question for some. Wouldnt this really be shaft dependent? Meaning by training through repetition with this product to hit a smaller target on the face, then picking up a shaft that might have completely different properties, couldnt more issues arise?

My Initial thoughts mirrored this. I do not see how it can help.

Pretty interesting, almost more for eye/hand coordination training, but again it might become an issue when returning to your regular shaft. With the expanding sweet spots in most driver faces today, I think what I need is more of a swing/shift trainer than a sweet spot aid. But, hope this works out.
That's what I thought too.

I am a bit skeptical about this one. I am looking forward to the feedback.
I agree. I am all over the face at times and not sure that this is going to do much more than let me know what I already know!

I don't mind the concept, however, I think it would be better on a shorter club. Most amateurs have a tendancy to swing the driver very hard and very fast which makes consistent contact difficult. I realize that this is the purpose of this club, but the looks of the "sweet-spot" on this club is fairly small. If consistent contact is the goal, wouldn't it be better to have it on a shorter iron or wedge setup? Even a mid or longer iron would be better in my opinion. Hitting that spot on the club will be difficult and look out when you hit it on the edge of that raised area.

Here ya go http://excitogolf.com/pureshotiron.html

Am I skeptical, yes. Would I try it, sure. I never thought a little blue band around my wrist would help me maintain tempo either, but it does.

It is interesting since I have seen these types of training aids made for irons...but the driver is so different from irons. I was taught to not think about hitting the ball when I swing my driver but to swing from point A to point B where A was the top of the back swing and B was the finish (the ball just happens to get hit because it is in the way). Cant wait to hear more about this though because I know a lot of people have trouble with their driver at one point or another (I am one of them)

Yes you are correct, but I think the club would build reps once you found the sweet spot. I mean mis-hits are going to give you instant feedback. I would think that if you groove a swing with it even if you pick up a different club that swing will still be grooved. Provided the flex, length and loft are similar you should get similar results. I hope this came across clearly....having problems puttin thought to word today.

Hello dear hackers! Thank you for the opportunity to send you our PureShot Driver clubs, we are very excited to hear your honest review and ideas, if you have any questions let us know. For more info you can always visit our site (still in development) http://ExcitoGolf.com

- Vadim

Last edited:
I am interested in hearing real reviews about this.
From only looking at the pictures and forming a quick opinion, I have some reservations, and here's why.
1. The sweet spot in in this club is similar to the alignment aid on the top of most drivers. You see it when you line up, but the club is moving too fast at impact for our hand/eyes to really hit the ball with that mark. It's more of a "feel" thing and you can accomplish the same thing with clubface stickers.

2. Someone on the range is going to get hurt with the balls hit badly, or the user will quit using it as soon as they get a "near miss".

3. The shaft problems like other folks have mentioned.

4. At the $150 for one of these, I think they have priced themselves out of the market.

I am forming these opinons strictly by a picture and of course, I could be wrong since I have not tried this thing.
Like I said earlier, I am interested in hearing the reviews.

This thing looks crazy! Is it heavier than a normal driver? I could definitely see how it would help with hitting the sweet spot after enough reps with it. I don't see instant improvement. But with anything you have to work at it. I mean I don't think after 10 swings your fixed but say 2-3 weeks using it would make a world of difference. That's just my opinion.

Definately an interesting concept...not sure about the real world application...like somebody else said can you imagine where the balls you hit just off center would go????

I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it JB.

I am interested in hearing real reviews about this.
From only looking at the pictures and forming a quick opinion, I have some reservations, and here's why.
1. The sweet spot in in this club is similar to the alignment aid on the top of most drivers. You see it when you line up, but the club is moving too fast at impact for our hand/eyes to really hit the ball with that mark. It's more of a "feel" thing and you can accomplish the same thing with clubface stickers.

This club will also teach you to swing smoothly - tempo and most people consistently mis-hit their driver in a specific area of the face, the club will tell you where its at and then you can adjust and work on your swing until you start hitting pure shots.

2. Someone on the range is going to get hurt with the balls hit badly, or the user will quit using it as soon as they get a "near miss".

Haven't happened yet :) . it is pretty much impossible to hit anyone with this club no matter how bad you mis-hit the sweet spot.

3. The shaft problems like other folks have mentioned.

Yes we are interested in this are as well.

4. At the $150 for one of these, I think they have priced themselves out of the market.

This is a titanium driver and there are some driver clubs on the market that are made out of aluminum and actually cost more!

I am forming these opinons strictly by a picture and of course, I could be wrong since I have not tried this thing.
Like I said earlier, I am interested in hearing the reviews.

This thing looks crazy! Is it heavier than a normal driver? I could definitely see how it would help with hitting the sweet spot after enough reps with it. I don't see instant improvement. But with anything you have to work at it. I mean I don't think after 10 swings your fixed but say 2-3 weeks using it would make a world of difference. That's just my opinion.

Yes, it does take work and time (like anything in golf and life :)

Feedback is instant though of course :)

Hello dear hackers! Thank you for the opportunity to send you our PureShot Driver clubs, we are very excited to hear your honest review and ideas, if you have any questions let us know. For more info you can always visit our site (still in development) http://ExcitoGolf.com

- Vadim

Welcome to the forums Vadim!

This is a very interesting concept and I will be watching the testing and reviews very intently.

After testing this on the range today, I think I have the exact same questions you do.
One thing that I am struggling with is the feedback given on the miss.
Miss slightly and the ball can go absolutely sideways. Miss by a huge amount in on the heel, and the miss is not as bad (in my testing).
I would think that for a training aid to work for a golfer, the feedback should be dictated by the miss. Meaning that the results would/should worsen depending on the miss.

I can say that in one miss that I thought I was hitting pretty well, the ball would have hit someone on the chipping green that is right of the range. That was down right scary and something that may need to be addressed if this is going to be successful.

I am also in the camp that training aids need to be priced at a certain level, but that is up to the company and I wont get into that part. I will save that for the testers.

After testing this on the range today, I think I have the exact same questions you do.
Miss slightly and the ball can go absolutely sideways. Miss by a huge amount in on the heel, and the miss is not as bad (in my testing).
I would think that for a training aid to work for a golfer, the feedback should be dictated by the miss. Meaning that the results would/should worsen depending on the miss.

I can say that in one miss that I thought I was hitting pretty well, the ball would have hit someone on the chipping green that is right of the range. That was down right scary and something that may need to be addressed if this is going to be successful.

I am also in the camp that training aids need to be priced at a certain level, but that is up to the company and I wont get into that part. I will save that for the testers.

Good info JB. With the convex shape meeting right at the "sweet spot" I could see a very "near miss" that catches right on the edge of the sweet spot going dead sideways at a rapid pace!

Could be dangerous

I'm not sure about this. The concept is great, but it looks ridiculously hard to hit. Balls shooting dead right or left sound pretty dangerous as well. Is it possible to heel one right into your shin?

So testing this on a wide open driving range with no one around is needed. Interesting.

So on your misses you were getting no feedback to what went wrong? I would imagine with a convex face like that, your shot would have to be dead perfect, every single time, to get it to work. I think that would be near impossible to achieve.

Back