T.P. Mills Center Shafted "Huey" - Demo Thread

The odd thing about the Huey is that everybody I've let try it out has said it's really light, yet the specs say it is 345 grams. I think the weighting has a lot to do with the speed control. I don't feel scared to hit the ball with authority, yet I'm able to treat it gently on the short ones without being scared I'm going to fly it past the hole.

Who do I need to speak to to get one of these. I have a few questions and no one seems to be responding to emails/PM's.

Who do I need to speak to to get one of these. I have a few questions and no one seems to be responding to emails/PM's.

Craig might help whenever he gets on. may wanna shoot up JMan as well.

I'll shoot ya the emails to use as soon as I get to work JRod.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I have decided to send this putter on its way. I already know I absolutely love this putter, there is no sense in delaying the inevitable. The more I use it, the harder its going to be to let it go. Not to mention the fact that its been raining so much here these last 2 days, the round I had planned yesterday got rained out and tomorrows round not looking so good either so... I am going to send it to the next person after only 2 weeks

Thank you again Craig & TP Mills for the opportunity to try out this amazing piece of equipment. If I ever part ways with my GS this putter will be at the top of the list. AND without THP I would never have even heard of TP Mills. I just love this place.

I'm sure the next person will enjoy it as much as I have.

That has to be sad. I'm going to ship mine Monday so I can play it this weekend one last time.

Well I have decided to send this putter on its way. I already know I absolutely love this putter, there is no sense in delaying the inevitable. The more I use it, the harder its going to be to let it go. Not to mention the fact that its been raining so much here these last 2 days, the round I had planned yesterday got rained out and tomorrows round not looking so good either so... I am going to send it to the next person after only 2 weeks

Thank you again Craig & TP Mills for the opportunity to try out this amazing piece of equipment. If I ever part ways with my GS this putter will be at the top of the list. AND without THP I would never have even heard of TP Mills. I just love this place.

That has to be sad. I'm going to ship mine Monday so I can play it this weekend one last time.

It is very sad, I was expecting to get 2 1/2 rounds in with it before its had to go, but mother nature has other plans. :(

I've heard news reports that Hawk has been spotted near the Mexican border......

I've heard news reports that Hawk has been spotted near the Mexican border......

We can track him down if need be. I have an old friend that is Texas Border Patrol! lol

Loved your reviews jd.

It's ok, I think TP Mills did a special casting with a GPS chip installed once they realized Hawks can indeed fly.

By the time I get this thing it'll be all putted out.:beat-up:

I plan on doing a fast test. Thorough, but fast. Weather will be changing for the worst soon enough and I think the person behind me is in WA. Not going to hog it for the full 2-3 weeks although I wish I could based on what I have been reading.

The Huey will be heading to the next tester either tomorrow or Tuesday. I'll be sad to see it go, but I'm excited to see what the upcoming testers think about it. I will have a full final review up some time tomorrow at the latest.

Thanks to T.P. Mills for arranging this. It was a lot of fun and opened my eyes.

The Huey will be heading to the next tester either tomorrow or Tuesday. I'll be sad to see it go, but I'm excited to see what the upcoming testers think about it. I will have a full final review up some time tomorrow at the latest.

Thanks to T.P. Mills for arranging this. It was a lot of fun and opened my eyes.

Sweet - looking forward to your final thoughts and date of placed order for a new one. :D

Can't wait to get this in hand!!

Tappin' from my iPad!

Sweet - looking forward to your final thoughts and date of placed order for a new one. :D

Can't wait to get this in hand!!

Tappin' from my iPad!

Must refrain from comment.

Must refrain from comment.

Your as bad as the birdie! Chirp chirp! Ha

Ryan must already have one on the way....I need to go back and see about when I get this baby!!

Tappin' from my iPad!

Can't wait to receive it!

Final Thoughts on the Huey

I'm not sure how many rounds in total that I've been able to play the Huey in the last 20 days, but I think its been 6 or so. During that time, I've seen my normal number of putts per round drop by 3-5 strokes. It's hard for me to say why that is, as I truly believe there are many intangibles at work when it comes to putting.

That being said, there are some things that I really feel this putter has that worked for my game. I think the center shaft with just a hint of offset was a great compliment to my slighty gated stroke and I found it very easy to hit this putter where I was aimed. It actually taught me that my alignment and green reading skills were quite poor as I cannot tell you how many putts I've missed due to poor aim and green reading over the last 3 weeks. It was sort of humbling and annoying to see.

The weighting of the Huey is sort of an enigma to me. I know that it weighs more than one of my other putters, but I would have bet $100 that it weighed less. It's the lightest feeling putter I've ever played with. It actually sort of worried me at first, as I felt that I might leave too many putts short with it, but that was not the case at all. In fact, it helped my speed control amazingly well. I left far fewer putts short and I also was not scared of running the ball past the hole on slippery downhill putts.

Perfect example of that was yesterday. I had a downhill putt from the fringe to a hole about 10 feet away. There was a flat area I had to hit the ball over and then let it run towards the hole. I was going to be looking at a very long comebacker if I didn't control my speed. I ended up 3 inches from the hole.

The craftsmanship on the Huey is certainly second to none. It's a hand crafted work of art and is definitely a great conversation peice. The thing is that I don't really care about that. I love the looks, but it's meant to be played and serves its purpose very well. The black PVD finish on the shaft is different and seems to be very durable. I love the looks of the grip, though I think I'd change it if I was going to call this putter my own. It's just a bit small for my tastes.

Lastly, I have to say that the sound and feel from the Huey is excellent. Just a nice quiet click that really translates well to the hands. You know if you miss the center of the face very quickly, yet it seems very good at keeping you on line when you miss.

It's hard to say much more than I really, really liked this putter. Thanks for letting me try it out!

I am really hoping this putter helps me like it helped you Hawk. It looks like the last week of my testing will coincide with my Club Championship. So I am pretty excited.

I am really hoping this putter helps me like it helped you Hawk. It looks like the last week of my testing will coincide with my Club Championship. So I am pretty excited.

I hope so too! It is going out in tomorrow's mail, so you should have it by the weekend for sure.

Cool, great weekend to get it too as long as the weather is nice. Wife will be out of town so might be able to get 36 in on Saturday at 18 Sunday.

I hope so too! It is going out in tomorrow's mail, so you should have it by the weekend for sure.

Back