Ohio Get Together Part III

Im back

Weatherwax, is a no, I played it Saturday, it was tough to justify $25 let alone whatever we would have to pay. Really had some beat up greens and fairways
Sorry to hear that. I thought it was supposed to be a super-nice course.
Can't wait til you join Brown's Run. That's a nice track there buddy. Sorry you missed it (the membership girl you were to talk to was hot also!!!).

Sorry to hear that. I thought it was supposed to be a super-nice course.
Can't wait til you join Brown's Run. That's a nice track there buddy. Sorry you missed it (the membership girl you were to talk to was hot also!!!).

yeah she has been emailing me for over a year to join, I think this next round will be my 4th free-be lol

If I dont move, it might be an option, however if we move next year, then we will be too far away

I'll start looking around to come up with something to take place of weatherwax

What about Beckett Ridge? Right off 75, and usually plays a bit better than the average public..

That or Walden, assuming it's the morning round so we don't play in 6:45 again.

What about Beckett Ridge? Right off 75, and usually plays a bit better than the average public..

That or Walden, assuming it's the morning round so we don't play in 6:45 again.

we played beckett last time, wanted to give em something new.

Walden was 6 hours for the record, and it was memorial day lol

Wouldnt mind walden at all, finding the 2nd course is the trick (unless we combo it with shaker), or if we can get on the Elks again since only a few of us played it, its in awesome shape

we played beckett last time, wanted to give em something new.

Walden was 6 hours for the record, and it was memorial day lol

Wouldnt mind walden at all, finding the 2nd course is the trick (unless we combo it with shaker), or if we can get on the Elks again since only a few of us played it, its in awesome shape

I disagree.. We teed off at 1:10 and I left the course at 8:45... After sitting in the lounge for probably a half hour..

So maybe it was closer to 7 hours haha

we were in that lounge FOREVER

I swear when I tell the story it was 1-7 for golf

then that dude lost his cell phone and that other guy entering all of the scores....nonetheless a long day

Ive played walden probably 10 times, its normally not that bad

Im up for any course, especially anything closer to Indiana lol. Good condition would be great also, didnt have to many grass lies at the last one hehe

Im up for any course, especially anything closer to Indiana lol. Good condition would be great also, didnt have to many grass lies at the last one hehe

Walden was in decent shape the last time I played it, but there was a drought in between that time and now so I can't really say how it's doing.

How's Wildwood holding up Deano?

Walden was in decent shape the last time I played it, but there was a drought in between that time and now so I can't really say how it's doing.

I'll check on walden, I know a few guys that played that last week.

Wildwood is in great shape, greens have been awesome all year. They were actually overwatering the fairways all summer in fear of losing them, so they have cut back watering 50%, but still in good shape. Might be an option if needed

I played Walen 2 weeks ago, it was in great shape, except for the signature hole, where they had a temporary green.

Hell, Walden is only 20 minutes from the house.

\
You should still give me strokes, 1 for every inch taller you are than me :D

Dude that would be like 2 strokes a hole! :laughing:

Tapatalk even for amphibians!

Last edited:
I'll check on walden, I know a few guys that played that last week.

Wildwood is in great shape, greens have been awesome all year. They were actually overwatering the fairways all summer in fear of losing them, so they have cut back watering 50%, but still in good shape. Might be an option if needed

Nice. So why not go Walden/Wildwood?

A double W.

Nice. So why not go Walden/Wildwood?

A double W.

thats an option for sure, probably 15 minutes between the 2. Next time I go when I get back from Orlando I''ll go talk to the Pro and see what he has to say

so count you in if we go that route?

Date again? I'm playin' in Indianapolis (2 hrs/120 miles) this Saturday at the Fort Golf Club with a bunch from FGI, another golf forum I frequent.

Remind me again where Wildwood is just for the sake of remebering.

PS- I've heard about and partook of those 6 hr rounds at Walden on a Saturday. Just an FYI.

we are playing 2 days. Saturday October 15th and Sunday the 16th.

Courses havent been finalized yet, should be next week when I return.

Wildwood is in middletown

www.wildwoodgc.com

we are playing 2 days. Saturday October 15th and Sunday the 16th.

Courses havent been finalized yet, should be next week when I return.

Wildwood is in middletown

www.wildwoodgc.com

Hmmm, for some reason that date jumps out at me. Let me check with SWMBO. Wasn't/isn't there a "Wildwood" in Fairfield too?

Hmmm, for some reason that date jumps out at me. Let me check with SWMBO. Wasn't/isn't there a "Wildwood" in Fairfield too?

let me know

yeah I think theres a par 3 in farifield, this is a private club built in like 1922, Im a member there this year, greens are in AWESOME shape and fairways have been great even if the heat we had. Wont cost us much to play either

Maybe they charge by height. You could play for free after your AARP discount. :laugh:

Tapatalk even for amphibians!

Back