Forum Testing Signup - PureShot Driver

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
At THP, we want to provide the ultimate in unbiased feedback and what better way to do that than to have regular golfers test out products.

puredriver2.png

General Info
THP will send one to selected THP forum members that want to be part of this testing of a training aid. Your job is to try it out and continue to update the testing thread that we setup on how the device is working for you.

Rules
There are, however, certain criteria that must be followed to be eligible.

1. You must be able to give this a test drive within 5 days of receiving the tool.
2. You must put together a write up with your thoughts on the driver you receive within a day of testing it and continue to update the thread each time you try them out.
3. Like all testing on THP, only honest and detailed feedback is requested.
4. You MUST be a THP Forum member with at least 10 posts to participate.
5. If you are selected you will be responsible for the shipping costs of the equipment.
6. RH only in this testing.

We will be choosing about 7 golfers to try these out. We are looking for feedback on how it works, ease of use, etc. Please remember that we take all testing on THP seriously and this is not just a 1 post and done review for a golf freebie, but a chance to try out a training aid that many people will ask "does it work?".

Signing Up
To be a part of this testing, you must reply in this thread with the answer to these questions. Failure to include ALL info will result in request not being counted.

1. What driver do you normally play and what shaft flex?
2. What percentage of time do you think you hit the sweet spot on your driver?
3. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP?

At THP there is always new testing just around the corner. The more active you are, the better chance you have of trying out all kinds of products.

The Testers

SpacemanSpiff
DMB012
wakeriderof87
INGolfer
IceyShanks
ghsace
JRod

Last edited:
1. What driver do you normally play and what shaft flex? I play the Razr Hawk Tour 9.5 with an Attas T2 Stiff Flex
2. What percentage of time do you think you hit the sweet spot on your driver? I'd say on a good day maybe 50% and a bad day around 25% or less. I've been paying close attention and realized its definitely not what I thought.
3. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I am very active on THP daily and currently am testing the Adams A12os irons. I plan to put this driver through the paces and I'm at the range 2-3x a week with 1-2 rounds a week. I would provide feedback on the training aide as well as how it translates to on course success. Thank you so much THP for this opportunity!

1. What driver do you normally play and what shaft flex? - TM SuperTri with R flex shaft.
2. What percentage of time do you think you hit the sweet spot on your driver? - 40%?
3. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? - I would test at least once weekly on the range if not twice. I'm a very active forum member and my reviews included video, pictures, write ups, and social media updates.

Thanks to THP and Excito for the chance!

Srixon Zstar – Stiff Flex

About 80%

I would test this product 2 times a week and provide feedback after each session and be available to answer questions daily. I am active on THP daily and enjoy the opportunity to test products and provide honest feedback.

Pretty sweet opportunity! Good luck all and have fun with it!

Thanks to PureShot for allowing THP to test this product! Quite a bit of discussion around this recently and it will be very interesting to say the least. Looking forward to hearing what the reviewers have to say!

1. What driver do you normally play and what shaft flex? Titleist 909D2 w/regular flex shaft
2. What percentage of time do you think you hit the sweet spot on your driver? 50%
3. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? Activity level is extremely high on THP. My testing plan would consist of twice weekly trips to a range where I would follow the instructions provided with the training aid and then take the lessons learned to my driver and see how it translates. I would provide video feedback along with photo feedback of the club face to show my misses.

Good luck to all sighning up, looks like a product that can help a lot of golfers/

The hits just keep on coming from THP. Another great opportunity for the members. Thank you THP and Excito.

1. What driver do you normally play and what shaft flex? TaylorMade Burner Superfast 2.0 w/ Matrix Radix HD4 A flex
2. What percentage of time do you think you hit the sweet spot on your driver? I would say 50-60% of the time. Unfortunately just because I hit the sweet spot doesnt mean it goes straight..lol
3. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I am a very active member of THP and would love to not only test this and provide feedback to the members but also because this product is something that can certainly make a difference in my game in an area where I need it. I have been able to get in at the very minimum 2 range sessions a week and a 18 holes (sometimes more depending on lovely NJ weather). I am a very active member of twitter and facebook and would be happy to provide feedback on those mediums as well. Photo's, videos and write-ups would be all things I use to review the product. Again, thank you THP and Excito for the great opportunity. Even if I am not selected I am very anxious to read the reviews about this product.

What a unique looking training aid! I think I hit my driver's sweet spot pretty regularly, but I know this device would tell me the truth. Thanks THP and Pureshot for providing this testing experience.

I normally play an Taylormade R11 with a Fubuki stiff shaft in it.
I feel like I hit around or close to the sweet spot about 75% of the time. Once or twice a round I will catch one off the toe or heel.
I would use this device every time I went to the range. I try to frequent the range once every week. I will provide the forum with pictures, write ups and some video footage of the driver in action. I will also keep a statics journal of my driving on the course while training with this club. I would like to see if it would increase my FIR stat from what it is now. My Golfshot app has me at a 51.1% in the last 20 rounds. I feel like my activity level on the forum is pretty consistent. I hang out here everyday and enjoy learning about the game I love.

Thanks again THP and Pureshot for giving forum members the chance to review this product.

Ping i15 Stiff flex.

Maybe 1 out 8 so .125% This is assuming that by sweet spot you mean dead center of the face.

Hit the range at least 2x a week and play 1-2 rounds.....I'm active on THP but sporadic as I don't have much to add in terms of golf advice.

1. What driver do you normally play and what shaft flex? I play a Taylor Made R9 with a Miyazaki Kusala 72s shaft
2. What percentage of time do you think you hit the sweet spot on your driver? I would say 40% of the time
3. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? This is a practice/game improvement club so I would spend the majorority of my time on the range testing the club. Try to figure out the in and outs of the club and what it is setup to do for ones swing. I would also ask those on the range to give it a try and campture their reaction via Video or text.
As to my activity level, I am a very active member of THP. It's a place I enjoy reading and chatting about golf and all that it has to offer. If was not for THP oppurtunities of this nature would never be afforded to me or THP members. Thanks to THP and Excito for the oppurtunity.

1. What driver do you normally play and what shaft flex? Nike Dymo with a stiff shaft

2. What percentage of time do you think you hit the sweet spot on your driver? Most days it's probably 50 percent. But days like yesterday, well that's a different story......

3. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? The club will get a workout at least twice a week between range and the actual course. There will be a post every time I pull this club out of the bag for whatever reason, including the day I receive it and give first impressions. I'm on THP daily and have been posting on the forums for the last 3 months.

Thank you for the opportunity

Very interesting product. Thanks to Pure Shot for offering this for testing.
  1. What driver do you normally play and what shaft flex? Cleveland Launcher 12* with stock ultralite 40 gram shaft. Not sure of the flex, guessing regular.
  2. What percentage of time do you think you hit the sweet spot on your driver? 25% maybe, in the "middle" of the clubface. In the round spot in the very middle, maybe 10%.
  3. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I can take this to the range once a week. During the day, the range I go to (at a golf course) is usually pretty empty so misdirected shots have a small chance of hitting other people. I think video will be the best medium for testing on this one so people can see what happens when the sweet spot is missed. Text write-ups and summaries will be used as well. I am pretty active on the forum.

1. What driver do you normally play and what shaft flex? TM Superfast 2.0, Stock Stiff Shaft
2. What percentage of time do you think you hit the sweet spot on your driver? Around 30%, with this driver I tend to be catching the ball a little low on the face.
3. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I plan on taking this driver out to the range 2 days a week. I always have my phone on me so I will be able to take videos and update twitter and the thread during my practice session.
I am on THP numerous times a day browsing the forum and tend to contribute in some aspect on a daily basis.

1)I play the Cobra ZL in a Stiff flex
2)I would say roughly 30% of the time. It is certainly something I struggle with.
3)In order to get the most unbiased review possible. I will hit my driver on the LM prior to beginning testing, to get my gauge on my numbers. I would also spend time on the range, trying to get a more accurate percentage of sweet spot hits. I would then spend ample time using this training aid at the range while testing. At the conclusion I would get back on the monitor to see how much my numbers have improved, as well as once again attempting to gauge how often I hit the sweet spot.

I have only been on THP for a few months, but I have become increasingly active over the past month or so. I post regularly, and try to be as helpful as I can be to other users. I have become comfortable here and can only see my activity going up from here.

Looks like a very cool product, and I am very interested in seeing the testing results. Thanks to Excitogolf for letting us test them out for them.

Nike Vr Str8-Fit // X-Flex

I would say... 50% of the time on the actual "sweet spot"

Testing:
I am going to play a few rounds this weekend, I'm going to keep some stats on where I think I hit my drive on the face vs where I actually hit it (impact tape) and note my results. If choosen, after I receive the PureShot Driver I will take pics etc and make comments of my initial thoughts. I will get it out to the range within 48 hours of receiving the PureShot Driver along with my current driver. I will start with some shots with my normal driver w/ impact tape, then with the PureShot Driver and then back again to my normal driver w/ impact tape and report my feedback. Before my weekend rounds I will make sure to hit some at the range with this club before playing and again note my results on the course. And repeat again and again from week to week. I think it would be interesting to see my (or anyone's) results from week to week and see if this training aid has been able to improve results on the course.

Activity:
I have been consistently active on THP since I've joined over 2 years ago... I comment on topics I am interested in or when I can on golf advice or equipment I have played or am educated on. I do not like to make comments I am not willing to defend or believe to be true. I have followed a lot of the threads from previous testers and even made purchases based on their feedback. I have even been a tester myself and I believe I did a great job giving valuable information on the products. I understand what it means to be a tester here at THP for both the members and the great companies giving us the opportunity to test these great products.

Thank you THP and the folks providing us the PureShot Driver for the opportunity to test this interesting product!

What a great opportunity! Thanks Pure Shot and THP!!

My swing is unfortunately not in a great place right now so I'll have to bow out. Good luck to all. I'll be looking forward to the reviews!

1. What driver do you normally play and what shaft flex? Callaway Razr Hawk 10.5 - stiff flex
2. What percentage of time do you think you hit the sweet spot on your driver? 35
3. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I will spend a lot of time on the range with this club and see if it translates to success on the course with my normal driver. I will post videos and pictures along with my write ups. I am a very active member of THP with over 12,000 posts.

Williams FW32 driver with an R flex 58g Fujikura shaft

I'm guessing around 30% in the center of the face.

I play on average twice or more per week, about the same amount on the range and am on THP daily, multiple times. Range time is a must for me moving forward and I have solid tracking numbers regarding length and FW's hit that should be very valuable to showing any progress gained by this product. Part of any forum testing by me will include FB, Twitter, video and pictures.

Thanks to THP and Excito Golf for bringing this product out for testing!

Throwing my hat in the ring...

1. What driver do you normally play and what shaft flex? Nike Machspeed Black 9.5 with Stiff Fubuki shaft.
2. What percentage of time do you think you hit the sweet spot on your driver? Perhaps 40% on average is a my best estimate.
3. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I'm an avid visitor and contributor to both the front page news articles and forum. I post on a daily basis and have provided honest feedback for other forum testing opportunities.

Big thanks to Pureshot and THP for the opportunity.

1. What driver do you normally play and what shaft flex?- TaylorMade R11TP -Regular shaft flex.
2. What percentage of time do you think you hit the sweet spot on your driver?- 35%
3. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP?- I play at least once a week and plan on comparing this very interesting driver with past three drivers (R11, Burner, Superfast). I will test this driver and try to get on a trackman to test my accuracy and distance with my current driver. Then I will continuously practice and take videos of me using this driver. Eventually I will get back on the trackman after a few weeks of practice to compare numbers with my current driver to see if I am hitting the ball better.

Interesting concept! Good luck to who is selected. Have fun and be honest.

Awesome contest. Righties only but thanks to thp and pureshot and good luck everyone

Interesting concept for a training aide. Thanks to Pure Shot and THP for another great opportunity for Forum Testing.

1. What driver do you normally play and what shaft flex? TaylorMade Burner Superfast / Burner Stiff shaft.
2. What percentage of time do you think you hit the sweet spot on your driver? My best guess would be between 30-35%.
3. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I hit the range before every round I play (play two rounds of 18, one round of 9 league play per week), as well as getting out to the range for practice at least once per week as well. Usually my range time is dedicated to work specifically on what issues I am having on the course when I play (slice, push, duffs, etc). As far as activity level on THP, I am on here daily, and hopefully adding some quality info the community.

Back