Energy Drinks & Shots

The 5hr energy is like the Titleist 910 of energy shots... It just doesnt work for me and I find it highly overrated.

I love my occasional monster in the am. The Monster 0 of course, I'm trying to stay leaner.

The 5 hour nrg's work for me. Must be a Latin American thing.

The 5 hour nrg's work for me. Must be a Latin American thing.

It's probably just not a good fit for me. It might be, Im more likely to fall asleep after one than stay awake.

I'm a coffee every morning guy. Dabble with the energy drinks, but usually avoid them. My other occasional crutch -- Nicotine gum. I don't smoke, but nicotine really helps you focus when you have a task/deadline.

I am not a big energy drink fan. I just need my morning coffee and I am ready to rock in roll. If I need energy later in the day, I just pick a frappuccino.

Kids today LIVE off that stuff. I think I've given a health lecture about them every year. The soon to be doc (wife) threatened my life if I drank them, so naturally I agreed not to anymore after the talk she gave me. LOL

I like the 5 Hr. shots, I don't that Suger Let down like I do from the evergy drinks

my feeling too--helps on long drives for sure, of course a couple hrs in a rest area may be smarter!!

phatphingers like tapppytalk

I've tried several of these and most of them have no effect on me at all. I took a 5 hour energy after a Tennessee football game when I was about to drive back to Louisiana and about 1.5 hours into the drive, I was about to fall asleep. I normally like to have something before a round of golf to help with my focus, otherwise I'll start daydreaming and my round of golf will be awful. I started using Advocare Spark which is just a powder substance you mix with water. It's the only product that has worked on me. They also have Advocare Slam which is more of the 5 hour energy type drink, and it works as well for me.

I just stick to coffee for my caffeine fix. Call me old school, but who know's what's in all those energy drinks.

If good ol' Dr. Pepper doesn't do it for me, then it just ain't gonna get done.

Kids today LIVE off that stuff. I think I've given a health lecture about them every year. The soon to be doc (wife) threatened my life if I drank them, so naturally I agreed not to anymore after the talk she gave me. LOL

Working in Health Care, I have seen some unfortunate things happen to some young people that have had cardiac issues, combined with other health issues, that drank too many energy drinks.

I used to buy cases of blue monster and drink them daily for school/work, but haven't touched them in along time. As for the energy shots, I have yet to try them because I like drinking a full sized drink and the prices seem absurd.

I love energy drinks. Monster Java (Russian, or Irish Cream), or the Monster Zero (0 caleries, makes it "healthy right???)On lazy days I love a cup of coffee at home though. But I can't drink it black, or hot! Tons of ice and cream please!!The down side, and I probably shouldn't admit it, is energy drinks make me really gassy, and gimme an upset stomach.5hr does not work for me, I found out that one does nothing, and two within an hour just make my heart race a million miles an hour!

I've never had one. I sometimes get jittery from too much coffee and I can't imagine what would happen if I had one of those drinks

I've never had an energy drink or shot and don't desire to. No reason, I just don't have any interest.

When I need a pick me up I'll just drink more water. When your body is run down during the day and you begin to yawn that usually means you're under-hydrated

Put me in the minority group who has never had one.

Has anyone had "anti-energy" drinks? Lean and Sippin Syrup are two major ones. Crap works like a sleeping pill.

Never had an energy drink (coffee or otherwise) for the purpose of a pick me up. Never really needed it. I can usually fight my way through the day. I guess I'm trying to be healthy... lol

I'm sort of with you, I've only had one, that was years ago during my move to Nebraska. I couldn't tell a difference, so have never tried again. I get high enough on life alone, lol.

I tend to avoid them these days for the most part. That being said we definiting rocked some 5 hour energy drinks the night of my Bachelor party and again over the course of our 4 day destination wedding to make it to the saturday ceremony and then pack up and leave Sunday. I crashed had on the plane flight taking us to our honeymoon that Monday morning.

I remember back in college coming home for the weekend my buddy & I stopped to get a couple of red bull's and I was wired from like 8pm till 3 or 4 in the morning. I couldn't fall asleep to save my life. This was 10 years ago, and I had a redbull not to long ago and I'm certain they are less potent than they used to be.

Erica bought me a generic one yesterday called Gridlock. I'm going to drink later on today on the golf course. If you don't hear from me again you will know why at least.

Seriously? You've never had an energy drink? Red bull? Nothing?

Tapatalk: even Romosexuals use it

For any energy drink fan who hasn't had Monster Rehab, you need to give it a try. It tastes great, works like all the rest of them, and only has 10 calories per serving even without artificial sweeteners. It is like an Arnold Palmer with energy. It's freaking awesome.

With that title, I thought we were going to discuss Jaegerbombs. Oops...

I just buy a case of Red Rain from Costco when they're on sale, and that lasts me a semester for exams and such.
Buying a red bull or equivalent for $4 is just ridiculous.

Last edited:

Tapatalk: even Romosexuals use it

Make that two of us that have never had one. I won't let my teenager have them either, they are no good for you at any age.

I stick with the 5 hour energy drink.
Mostly nothing but 1 cup of coffee worth of caffeine and a bunch of vitamin B's.
Unless you are allergic to the Phenylketonurics: (Contains phenylalanine) artificial sweetner....I see nothing bad about these.

Put me in the never had an energy drink group as well.
Unless of course you count Dr. Pepper and Mountain Dew...

Back