What ball did you play your last round and what did you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
first time I've ever heard 'hard' associated with this ball...interesting

For the past 2 weeks I have been testing 4 different balls to see which ones I like and want to use. These are the 4 balls:

a6cd08e6-9d01-2f8e.jpg

From left to right- Bridgestone Tour B330, Nike 20xi-S, Srixon Z-Star XV, Taylormade Penta (my current ball)

So far I found something in each ball that I really liked. The B330 is very balanced, the 20xi-S felt great off of irons on approach shots, the Z-Star XV was also a balanced ball and I loved the yellow, and the Penta is longer then any other ball off the tee.

B330: Honestly I didnt use this ball too much because I kept having bad days with it so I will hold off on a review of this one for now.
20xi-s: Not a fan off the tee because they felt hard but I thought they felt the best off my irons and I liked their feel around the greens.
Z-Star XV: I love the yellow...cant say that enough. This ball played like a ProV but wasnt too spinny on chips which put it above the ProV for me.
Penta: Still amazed by this ball. Long off the tee, soft on approaches, holds well on chips, and putts like a dream.

Not going to post a huge review here so I just kept things simple. Feel free to PM me if you want to know more from my experiences with these balls.

Still playing Callaway warbirds plus balls here which really seem to suit me. I know they are not premium golf balls but at the end of the day I guess you have to play with what suites your game :)

Since the reveal on the Blind Ball testing, I have played nothing but the :bridgestone: B330-RX! I just love this ball, it really fits my game, I compress it well, I get a good mid trajectory out of it and the control around the green is phenomenal!

I have played the white ones, but I have taken a real liking to the Optic Yellow balls...played 3 rounds with the same ball (course that means I will put it in the lake left of #1 tee tomorrow morning...LOL)

This ball just works for me, I am sold on it and don't plan switching for a long time....just wish they were cheaper!

Idk it just felt like I couldnt get behind the ball with my driver...usually I dont notice when I make contact with the ball but I always did with the 20xi.

Another enjoyable round with the Bridgestone e6. Great distance, straight, and soft enough that not a single approach shot rolled over the green, even with a 3 hybrid.

Played two times on the front 9 of my course today.

First 9 was with the TaylorMade Penta. It's been my go to ball lately and I love it. lots of bite around the green, lots of distance off the tee.
Second 9 was a found Pro V1x. It is what it is.

I found a B-stone B330-S the other day. Decided to put her in play. Needless to say I really enjoyed it. Spun perfectly around the greens. Plenty of distance off driver. Not as long as the Srixon XV for me, but still really enjoyed my round wth this ball.

Played TM Burner yesterday. I really like these balls and get about two rounds out of them before they are trashed. Good distance off the tee and pretty good spin around the greens.

I was playing like garbage with the Callaway Warbirds yesterday (local shop had 2 doz. for $20), then I found a scuffed up Pro V1 on the way to the 14th tee. I decided to play it out and finished the last five holes at 2 under. I'm pretty sure it was the ball.

the 20xi is really loud off my driver and it sounds really hard compared to other balls but i didnt think it actually felt any different than any other ball

today i played a pinnacle precision and it actually survived the whole round

Bridgestone B330RX for me. Only 9 holes, but I shot 37. Great ball!

Srixon AD-333 for 9 and Titleist Pro V1 392 for 9. Have been enjoying the Srixon for sometime but that Pro V1 is a great all around ball but I will never pay nearly $4 per ball!!

Tappin' from my iPad!

I played a found Penta TP for six holes today. I liked it, really nice feel off the irons and putter, but didn't seem as long as the e6 or the Z Star I normally play.

My last two rounds have been paired with the new ProV1x. And I have to tell you, I am not pleased at all with the spin around the greens or the distance off the irons. I'm about 1/2 shorter than my Penta. Not saying it's a bad ball just doesn't perform as well as the Penta.

Kongfrontation

My last two rounds have been paired with the new ProV1x. And I have to tell you, I am not pleased at all with the spin around the greens or the distance off the irons. I'm about 1/2 shorter than my Penta. Not saying it's a bad ball just doesn't perform as well as the Penta.

Kongfrontation

I used to play the old ProV1x...This new one is a POS in my opinion. I dumped it for the Mojos in my practice rounds.

I played the Vision UV X3, and I think I really want some more of them.

Played with MacGregor VIPs this weekend, got 'em 2 doz for $32. Supposedly rebranded Srixon Z-stars. They played amazing for me. Nice compression with irons and great distance and serviceable spin around the greens. Still working on my swing so plenty of mishits (and a few lost balls), but overall I'm impressed with the VIPs, especially for the price.

Bridgestone e7. I'm looking at ways to drop my driver spin, which is mostly to blame on my swing I suspect. I hit a couple very nice balls with it and it felt nice off the driver. Much nice that I expected tbh. Worked fine around the greens, but they were quite soft.

Bridgestone e7. I'm looking at ways to drop my driver spin, which is mostly to blame on my swing I suspect. I hit a couple very nice balls with it and it felt nice off the driver. Much nice that I expected tbh. Worked fine around the greens, but they were quite soft.

Curious to see what you think when you get these on not so soft greens. I liked the distance and feel off the driver and irons but off putter and wedges it was too hard for me when I tested them. You play for roll a lot though so you should be ok I'd think

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

Curious to see what you think when you get these on not so soft greens. I liked the distance and feel off the driver and irons but off putter and wedges it was too hard for me when I tested them. You play for roll a lot though so you should be ok I'd think

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

These days I have such a high trajectory with my irons that I can stop almost anything in a reasonable way. What I find with the harder covered balls is that I have to adjust my wedge game more than anything. I used a lot more high shots with the 60° than the spinny, low trajectory pitch shots.

Callaway Tour i(Z) will give you lots less spin. Actually, I think it's a magic ball.

I played the Penta. Wow. It was great. Spin around the green and on approach shots was fantastic. Durability seemed better than my e6s (seemed that way at least). Spin off the driver didn't appear to have changed drastically from the e6.

For $26/dz (current promo), it's my new ball. The e6 is $26 as well.

Penta TP

I switched back and forth with the E6 and found that the Penta (if I hit it correctly) went much further than my normal E6 or B330-RX. It didn't slice as bad as I would expect though I paid for those slices with loss of distance. Around the green and with irons they felt really nice. If these weren't so expensive compared to the E6 I'd consider using them more often.

played an nxt extreme today and i had a few bombs in the 225-230 range
the only thing i didnt like is it checked really hard on the greens with every club 7i and shorter... like no release at all
not until after the turn did i stop trying to hit short of the greens since none of them rolled onto the greens

Penta TP

I switched back and forth with the E6 and found that the Penta (if I hit it correctly) went much further than my normal E6 or B330-RX. It didn't slice as bad as I would expect though I paid for those slices with loss of distance. Around the green and with irons they felt really nice. If these weren't so expensive compared to the E6 I'd consider using them more often.

Dude, I really want to try this ball. I'm currently gaming the NXT Tour's. I saw that Golf Galaxy has the Penta's for buy two, get one, which puts them cheaper than the NTX's! I've got 6 balls left and I'm really thinking about getting some. Only concern is getting three dozen. If I don't like them, well...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back