Adams a12 OS Irons Review Thread - Forum Testing

Hybrid/Irons - The word hybrid is stamped on the hosel (see picture) and there appears to be no pocket cavity on these 2 irons, the 7 & 8 irons. Both of these are also easy to hit, and the top lines at address are not distracting in the least. Again, these are longer than the MX-300s and I am not at all surprised at this.
P9121550.jpg
[/SPOILER]

Irons - These clubs set up nicely to the ball and are solid both in looks and feel, I enjoyed hitting them and these seem to be longer than the MX300s also, but not as much longer as the 7 & 8. I am really happy that they are as easy to hit as they are, these shaft lengths seems to be much shorter than my old irons and took a little getting used to.

Could what you are talking about with the 7 and 8 be the transitional irons I mentioned in my post a couple up?

So did anyone get a chance to get out and him them?
Looks like DawgDaddy played.

Sorry for the skim. I figured it was more initial reviews. Oops!

Very nice Dawg. I cant wait to get mine out and get some grass on them. I compaired the pitching wedge to my x18 p wedge and it was actually about a inch longer. I plan on taking them to edwin watts this weekend and put them on the comp and see how the numbers look compaired to the callaways

Dawg Daddy, nice write up and pictures. Sounds like some nice early success for you. How do these feel compared to your Mizzie's?

Could what you are talking about with the 7 and 8 be the transitional irons I mentioned in my post a couple up?

Looks like DawgDaddy played.

I think so Smallie, you can see the stamping on the club on the right, it does not have the deep cavity on those two that are on the rest of the irons.

Yep, and I really did have a great first impression, coming from the MX-300 which was billed as a club between an improvement club and a players club I was really wondering if this club would ever be able to persuade me to really, really like it, I think now that is a real possibility. I think most will.

Last edited:
Dawg Daddy, nice write up and pictures. Sounds like some nice early success for you. How do these feel compared to your Mizzie's?

I really think they held their own really well, as I stated the MX's were fitted and if I were playing in a tournament tomorrow I would have to game them, I don't know it we are allowed to have the lies adjusted or not, and the scoring clubs are noticeably shorter than the Mizzys, I was fitted at +1" ( I'm 6-4). I feel if they were fitted to me I would be just a little more comfortable with them. Surprisingly the feel was very comparable, it may have had more to do with the graphite shaft than anything else, not sure.

I really think they held their own really well, as I stated the MX's were fitted and if I were playing in a tournament tomorrow I would have to game them, I don't know it we are allowed to have the lies adjusted or not, and the scoring clubs are noticeably shorter than the Mizzys, I was fitted at +1" ( I'm 6-4). I feel if they were fitted to me I would be just a little more comfortable with them. Surprisingly the feel was very comparable, it may have had more to do with the graphite shaft than anything else, not sure.

FWIW, you can have the lies adjusted or shafts lengthened or whatever you want to. I wonder if the graphite shaft does have a lot to do with the feel? I'll be interested to follow your progress.

Great initial review DD. Looks like some nice early success. Hopefully this continues for you. Keep up the good work

Another concern of mine (I won't go into too much detail since I'll save it with my first thoughts) is that I'm already a high ball hitter and I wonder if these will exacerbate that trait.

You probably will Spank, I know that I was hitting it higher, and with my slow swing speed, longer today. The 9 iron, PW & GW did not seem to launch particularly high though.

FWIW, you can have the lies adjusted or shafts lengthened or whatever you want to. I wonder if the graphite shaft does have a lot to do with the feel? I'll be interested to follow your progress.

Well then if that is permissible, I will have that done this week. I have an appointment with the Doctor on Friday, so I may not be getting out to play and that would be a great time to do it. Thanks for the info TC, I know sometimes people just buy off of the rack and did not know if the reviews were aimed at off the rack purchasers or not.

Great job DD, if you get them fit to your specs I bet you will like them even more.

Great job with the initial write up DD, I think I'm going like these clubs. One of my buddies just got a 5 hybrid and I hit it a few times and really liked it, so a 6 hybrid wont bother me that much I think. Anybody got any idea what the lofts on the wedges are?

Thanks for the pics and thoughts, testers.

Spank, I have the Performance shafts in the Redlines and I like them quite a bit. I'll be interested to hear what you think. I like the looks of the irons. They look much nicer than the a30S I played last year.

I actually think I will have this done on mine. Of course I will probably play with them before I have it done!

Well then if that is permissible, I will have that done this week. I have an appointment with the Doctor on Friday, so I may not be getting out to play and that would be a great time to do it. Thanks for the info TC, I know sometimes people just buy off of the rack and did not know if the reviews were aimed at off the rack purchasers or not.
That's actually a good point DD. What have other reviewers done? And JB, is this what Adams wants? straight off the rack or fitted?

I actually think I will have this done on mine. Of course I will probably play with them before I have it done!

I was thinking the same thing. I'll get in at least one range session and I'm playing in a charity scramble on Saturday, so I'll use them for that before I have them fitted.

Great job thus far testers! Love the video and write up! Good stuff! Seem like cool irons!

That's actually a good point DD. What have other reviewers done? And JB, is this what Adams wants? straight off the rack or fitted?

This is your review of Adams' irons. I always have mine altered if they come standard, otherwise, I struggle with them, and that would create a biased review, IMO.

This is your review of Adams' irons. I always have mine altered if they come standard, otherwise, I struggle with them, and that would create a biased review, IMO.
Great point TC, I agree with this, of course its up to THP and Adams though

I will be doing this as well. My RXT's are bent 3 degrees flat so it could be a huge difference if I leave them at standard lie.

Great job with the initial write up DD, I think I'm going like these clubs. One of my buddies just got a 5 hybrid and I hit it a few times and really liked it, so a 6 hybrid wont bother me that much I think. Anybody got any idea what the lofts on the wedges are?

We were talking about it on Saturday. I think the gap wedge is at 50 and I wouldn't be surprised if the PW was at 45.

Thanks for the pics and thoughts, testers.

Spank, I have the Performance shafts in the Redlines and I like them quite a bit. I'll be interested to hear what you think. I like the looks of the irons. They look much nicer than the a30S I played last year.

These are probably the nicest looking GI OS irons i've seen since they look very "standard" and not OS. Most of the ones prior (including other OEM's) to me looked like spaceships. These look nice with the badge and the cavities and the hybrids look like normal hybrids. The shaft is what concerns me most because I'm used to swinging heavier stouter shafts. There will definitely be an adjustment period.

That is an interesting point of view. I imagine that most people looking at this set would be buying and playing "off the shelf" as opposed to being fitted.

That is an interesting point of view. I imagine that most people looking at this set would be buying and playing "off the shelf" as opposed to being fitted.

It's a good point. Perhaps the testers can just do a quickie write up prior to adjustment (that's my plans on this)?

I totally agree with this, but I've never seen it brought up before. And wasn't sure how Adams felt about it. I would prefer to get them fit.

Total honesty here: this will be the first set I fit to me.

THP is all about recommending a fitting though. I think playing equipment that is ill fitting is treacherous on one's game. A lot of guys can play off the rack equipment, but I'm not one of them, so I have my stuff altered. However, the only irons I've tested for THP were the 2.0's and they came standard. After about 3 months of hitting everything off the toe, I had them bent upright.

I agree here, if you are someone that needs to have a club fitted to their specs, if not you would struggle, then the review would be extremely biased. It wouldnt be a clear picture of how the irons works for your game.

On another note, great info so far guys, love the looks of the hybrids. Very interested in how the 6H, transitions through the 7i to the 8i.

Back