Energy Drinks & Shots

Add me to the never had one group.

Nothing about those things can be good for you. Kidneys and other processing systems are probably put through the ringer with each one.

I also know several people who are "psychologically" addicted to them. They have gotten in the habit of drinking them at regular intervals and truly believe that they are not functioning at their highest level without them.

Add me to the never had one group.

Nothing about those things can be good for you. Kidneys and other processing systems are probably put through the ringer with each one.

I also know several people who are "psychologically" addicted to them. They have gotten in the habit of drinking them at regular intervals and truly believe that they are not functioning at their highest level without them.

This is exactly right and why my kid can't have them. What is stupid is that the people who mostly drink them are young and should have energy to spare already. It is all about the marketing.

Nothing is better to me than that first cup of coffee in the morning, but once in a while in the afternoon, I need that pick me up. So one of those drinks is perfect. Problem is that many times they are absolutely terrible for you. But they work. And worst of all, I like the taste of a lot of them.

Between the shots and the drinks, it is far too easy to not get a good night's sleep. But I like them.

JB, I've run into this same problem myself, as I drink 3-4 cups of black coffee in the morning, but come afternoon I need a pickmeup, and I'm all coffeed out. I've cut pop out completely, and Diet Pepsi used to be my afternoon drink, and I refuse to drink energy drinks. The solution for me was 5 hour energy shots. They really do just make me more alert without giving me gitters or a ton of sugar. I keep them in my office at all times, and if you look at the ingrediants they are not bad for you at all. I highly recommened them.

Red Bull tastes like carbourator cleaning fluid to me.....and yes, I have tasted carbourator cleaning fluid. Not intentionally though!

I've fallen into a horrible pattern...Java in the morning b4 the kids get up. On the commute to work I crack a sugar-free Rockstar. This keeps me humming through 3pm. Then I'll make an ice coffee when I get home that helps with extreme play time til the kids fall into REM sleep. Never have a problem falling into my own REM session around 1130 or earlier. Unless I'm in THP of course.
I love the taste and crave them more than coffee.
'Hi my name is tadashi and I'm a energy attic.'

Kongfrontation

I got through college via Energy drinks. They were almost a necessity for an early morning class or late night session, Soda never has done anything for me, and I can't stand coffee so it was my only option. I have cut down on them big time at this point. I still have one every now and then. I work 6 P.M. To 6 A.M. so if I have to be anywhere before 10 A.M. they are pretty much a necessity.

If I really need to wake up i'll enjoy a mountain dew. I have never drank a rockstar or any of those. Have had a red bull though too not a huge fan though.

I have been in the fitness industry for over 10 years now...I love coffee in the morning, but I also need some extra energy later in the day, and there are quite a few great drinks if you just stop in a vitamin store or gym nearby you. A company called ABB makes some great drinks, such as Ripped Force, Speed Stack, and Turbo Tea. These drinks are mostly made for energy, but they also naturally boost your metabolism, and they are very low in sugar and calories so they are not bad for you. They come in a variety of flavors, and while some of the gym members where I work don't like how one of the drinks taste, they usually like the flavors of one of the others. The Ripped Force tends to be a little sweeter and is the most popular of all the drinks I sell. I would definitely recommend trying one sometime, they run anywhere from $2-$3 and pack a lot more punch than coffee does without a crash like some of the 5hr energy shots.

Only have had Red Bull when needed like long drives. Not a big fan of these on the course. Lately I've been drinking coconut water with some flavoring. It keeps me refreshed in the heat plus it's gives you energy without the crash. It's a little slow on the uptake but once it gets going it keeps your level up.

Energy Drink of the day is this one. Quite good actually. It tastes just like Black Cherry soda to me, and it is not too sweet.
40 calories
10 grams of cane sugar
120 mg caffeine
Some other stuff such as Ginseng as well. Im liking it so far.

IMG-20110915-00031-M.jpg

Seriously? You've never had an energy drink? Red bull? Nothing?

Seriously. I get my caffeine from Diet Coke. Which isn't exactly the best thing either.

I have some buddies that have been drinking this stuff called Redline. Give that one a shot

I love me some energy drinks....Monster, Rockstar punch...not a real Red Bull fan...but the others I love.

Right now the 16 oz. Rockstar and Amp drinks are on sale 2 for $3 at my local convenience store. I've had me more than a couple of them since that sale went into effect! I'll say that 5 hr energy drinks sure do the trick man, I've never had one not work regardless of how bad I'm dragging ass that day. I'll be picking up a couple 2 packs to take to Vegas this weekend. Sleep or another 5 hr and head back to the tables? Hmmmmm, I think I will!

I've never had one of those 5-hour energy drinks. I'm afraid I'd be so wired and jittery that my golf game would suffer. Usually a cup of coffee or three during the day will be enough to keep fatigue and the naps to a minimum.

Right now the 16 oz. Rockstar and Amp drinks are on sale 2 for $3 at my local convenience store. I've had me more than a couple of them since that sale went into effect! I'll say that 5 hr energy drinks sure do the trick man, I've never had one not work regardless of how bad I'm dragging ass that day. I'll be picking up a couple 2 packs to take to Vegas this weekend. Sleep or another 5 hr and head back to the tables? Hmmmmm, I think I will!

dude....Roullette + Blackout drunk = WIN

i got excited i thought this was like red bull with shots of alcohol in them. i'll only drink red bull with vodka. Never really had energy drinks. if i need a pick me up ill drink Mountain Dew.

i got excited i thought this was like red bull with shots of alcohol in them. i'll only drink red bull with vodka. Never really had energy drinks. if i need a pick me up ill drink Mountain Dew.

Red bull vodka is the bomb

I've never had one of those 5-hour energy drinks. I'm afraid I'd be so wired and jittery that my golf game would suffer. Usually a cup of coffee or three during the day will be enough to keep fatigue and the naps to a minimum.

I tried one of those once and had the worst reaction ever. I broke out in hives, my entire body turned red, I felt like someone set my skin on fire, everything got blurry, the room was spinning, my stomach was cramping and my insides felt like someone was stabbing me with a knife. I thought I was going to die and wanted to. This only lasted for about a minute (not the hives those lasted a day) but it was the first and last time I take anything like that.

Red bull vodka is the bomb

Red Bull and I celebrated our ten year anniversary this past May. Try either Three Olives Grape or Cherry with the Red Bull. My favorite combinations, and I have tried them all.

To JB and anyone else that is hooked on the energy drinks and shots. If you start eating breakfast as soon as you wake up it will make a world of difference for you. Also you want to start taking in more water and eat every three hours. When I say eat I mean a small meal or snack and make it healthy. If you can do this you will have no need for energy drinks. I eat around every three hours and drink about 7-10 bottles of water a day at work it really makes a difference. Also by eating in the morning it gets your metabolism going which helps burn off callosities.

To JB and anyone else that is hooked on the energy drinks and shots. If you start eating breakfast as soon as you wake up it will make a world of difference for you. Also you want to start taking in more water and eat every three hours. When I say eat I mean a small meal or snack and make it healthy. If you can do this you will have no need for energy drinks. I eat around every three hours and drink about 7-10 bottles of water a day at work it really makes a difference. Also by eating in the morning it gets your metabolism going which helps burn off callosities.

All that seems like a lot of hard work. :alien:
I dont like water, so drinking 7 bottles a day sounds like torture. I have a really fast metabolism (thankfully) and am just not hungry when I wake up.

You are right though, all of those things are "better for me". So is broccoli instead of pizza, but I wont do that either...hehe

Back