What makes you choose?

Kidd

Reaction score
Handicap
Hi to all,
Not new to forums so i said id introduce myself and say hello from the Emerald Isle of Ireland.

My first post of hopefully many so i hope it gets a few replies :D.

Ok.....So im not trying to start another GI vs SGI vs Players vs Blades debate here first and foremost.....

What id like to know is what makes your decision to play the Irons you are playing.....
My natural flight is a push fade.....I play with all Ping i15 woods and Hybrids up to 3h and my irons start at 4.....

I generate good clubhead speed and my SS is always around the 100- 104mph with the driver.

What im wondering is if you dont have an issue with getting the ball airborn and know your natural flight would it make sense to play a players cavity back.....For the record i play off 15 an i swing between Ping i10's and Wilsonstaff FG Tour Irons........
Like any mid handicapper i do miss my fair share of greens....Its destructive tee shots that punish me from time to time....Iv only been playing 3 years but i am improving and iv never had a lesson.

I have no problem getting any of these in the air and the flight for both is similar with the Wilsons being a tad longer but im just wondering what benefit i would get to playing something like a Ping G20 or maybe the new Titleist AP1 712's........

Would i really see a noticable difference in my scores and my game?

Welcome to the forum. I do think you would see some improvement on mis-hits as the GI and SGI clubs do have a larger sweet spot and should be more forgiving and lose less distance on toe hits for example.

Get fitted and play whatever the fitter suggests through trial and error and numbers!! and Nice to meet you!!

I'm a Callaway hoe but since my started kit I have always been fitted and gone with the fitters suggestions never left me down. Welcome to THP. Where are you from

I'm a Callaway hoe but since my started kit I have always been fitted and gone with the fitters suggestions never left me down. Welcome to THP. Where are you from

I live in Limerick Pal.....Miserable here at the moment.
Im a member on Golf Monthly as well but flicking between here and that for the past few months....Reviews on here are a hell of a lot more detailed and helpful in my opinion.

Get fitted and play whatever the fitter suggests through trial and error and numbers!! and Nice to meet you!!

I agree. Get fit first. There is no rule of thumb across the board as to the type of iron one should play. It is more important to play the style that fits you and your swing.

We are getting quite a few new Irish members in here lately. We might have to organize an Irish outing soon.

I live in Limerick Pal.....Miserable here at the moment.
Im a member on Golf Monthly as well but flicking between here and that for the past few months....Reviews on here are a hell of a lot more detailed and helpful in my opinion.

Back