Do your wedges match?

Umm well my AW and PW are TM but my "wedges" are the same both my 60* and 64* are Cleveland.

My Nike set came with PW, AW & SW. I have a CG15 SW and LW. I really like the CG15 LW, but I like the Nike SW better than the CG15 SW. So, I think that the CG15 SW is out for now. I also have a Callaway VFT 60* LW that I also love. Too many decisions!

My Nike set came with PW, AW & SW. I have a CG15 SW and LW. I really like the CG15 LW, but I like the Nike SW better than the CG15 SW. So, I think that the CG15 SW is out for now. I also have a Callaway VFT 60* LW that I also love. Too many decisions!

That's a lot of wedges! I only have the three I carry!

I wish golf was as easy as Tapatalk.

Mizuno pw, callaway jaws 50-54-58. I use to think I had to match but this site opened my eyes to great equipment

MattyCaulk Aka Hawk hunter

I have Wilson irons and Adams wedges.

Tapping Roll Tide Roll all summer long!

Whatever works for you. I dont think having wedges that match your iron set is all that neccesary. For most of my golf career Ive used CB irons with blade wedges and never really saw much of an advantage using CB wedges.
I find that with blade wedges its easier to open the face and hit high shots because the sole is narrower. CB wedges are a bit more forgiving but Ive always felt that with wedges the shaft is short enough that you should be able to find the center or near to the center of the clubface most every time.

Whatever works for you. I dont think having wedges that match your iron set is all that neccesary. For most of my golf career Ive used CB irons with blade wedges and never really saw much of an advantage using CB wedges.
I find that with blade wedges its easier to open the face and hit high shots because the sole is narrower. CB wedges are a bit more forgiving but Ive always felt that with wedges the shaft is short enough that you should be able to find the center or near to the center of the clubface most every time.

I'll second this (and CB wedges have never felt right to me).

I've never had a problem with different wedges having different feels. They're different lofts and used for different shots so I think even if they're the same model, they'd have different feels.

I wish golf was as easy as Tapatalk.

i keep them the same.. dont want to start blaming my equipment when my wedge game sucks.. lol

Yup. 52 & 58TS Ping Tour-S wedges.

All TaylorMade xFT's!! They are beauty.

I've always tried to max my wedges. I hate having different club weights and types.

+1........

Hey thanks for the input guys. I always think of the PW as the 10-iron and never considered replacing it with a 'real' wedge. My irons didn't come with an A wedge but when I replace them I'll definitely get a set that comes with one. It will probably overlap with my 52* to a certain extent but I'll see which one works better for me. As far as the 56* and 60* goes, I hope I can wait till the Mizuno R12's come out before pulling the trigger and getting CG16's too, they're just so tempting!

No, I don't match. I've got a Vokey 56* and a PING Tour-S 60*. I spent my round today using the 56* exclusivly, I've not had much luck with the 60*.

I have a 52 & 60 xFT...love these wedges! Also have a 56 JAWS, which I also enjoy.

Mine match now that I've moved to :ping:

have a utility wedge that's part of the iron set so that's a match.Then I jump to a 60 which matches brandwise.
Has never been a concern of mine though to care about who makes it or what style it is.It's more about if I can be consistant and confident with it.

I have settled into liking and using my Diablo Edge wedges as a set, PW, GW, SW, LW. They are so much alike, all I have to do is choose the right yardage, most of the time.
I've got a 62 degree Vokey, but am not using it currently.
I'm real OC about my clubs though, and wish the finish held up better on those used most frequently in the sand. Chrome ought shine, I think.

Right now I'm playing the Nike SV for my gap wedge, I got an AW with my burner plus set, but really like the feel of the Nike. I play a TM 60* RAC satin, pretty good wedge too. Doesn't bother me to play different clubs as long as I'm striking the ball good.

My wedges do not match. I have a 50.12 tour W ping, a 54.12 Vokey and a 58.08 Vokey. I really like the Vokey's and seem to be more consistent with them. I am considering replacing the Ping with another Vokey, but am not convinced it's the club that is the problem. It's probably mean but I am working on it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

I have two different Mizuno wedges, I've tried and donated so many wedges over the last couple years that it's not funny. I like to stick to what works for me but i'm not affraid to try different clubs, and so far I really like the Mizuno stuff the best.

Back