Krutch Putter Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice job Hanks. Interesting concept and something that I have been interested in trying since reading the book "Seven Days in Utopia". The concept makes sense and I imagine one would be incredibly accurate with something like that, as it's just a more natural motion. Like tossing something. It would be cool to see some video of you using this thing.

Nice review as usual. Thanks for introducing us to a product that I had not heard of before.

Very interesting. Great review Hanks! That grip looks bigger than me

Great job Hanks, I will be trying out the Krutch if I see one in a big box store or hopefully at demo day.

Solid review on this putter Hanks! I remember watching a few videos about this one about a month ago and was genuinely curious how an amateur like us would fair with this one. It sounds very similar to the belly putter in the sense of benefits & struggles - great on shorter putts but longer ones take some adapting to. I would imagine those longer ones would come around in time though.

Will be interested to see if we see this on the tour as that is where new products seem to break out and get their "acceptance" so to speak - even more so with putters.

Nice job Hanks. I have been interested in this type of putting too. I just finished the book TC spoke of and have pondered a Face On Putter. I think this has some of the same theories in it. Do you plan on sticking with this putting style in the future?

Nice job Hanks. Interesting idea and product I just don't see myself using that. Especially after I didn't like the belly all that much my first run with it.

Nice work Hanks. Seems like a tough review, as you have to step out of your normal putting stroke to give this one a go. I can see the shorter putts not giving too many fits, but like you said, it seems as if there would be some struggle with the long ones.

Is Krutch the Asian way of saying Klutch? Like Flied Lice?

Is Krutch the Asian way of saying Klutch? Like Flied Lice?

You complete me.

Terrific job as usual Hanks. Its an interesting design. I love reading about things I have never heard of from companies I have never heard of.

I'd like to try it out just to satisfy my curiosity. I don't ever see something like this making it's way into my bag, but I guess you never know.

Guys lets stay away from the race stereotype jokes please. Not sure those are necessary on a golf forum.

I am not interested in long putters, the technique behing the putt is interesting. I do occasionally take this stance for a putt, but I wouldnt make it my everyday putt

Forward facing putting? probably not. But when I used it in the more 'long putter style' I felt pretty good with it on shorter to medium stuf but the long stuff I struggled with. that could be changed with practice though.

Nice job Hanks. I have been interested in this type of putting too. I just finished the book TC spoke of and have pondered a Face On Putter. I think this has some of the same theories in it. Do you plan on sticking with this putting style in the future?

I was either way long or way short with everything when using the forward facing technique. when I used it in a more 'traditional' way I was way short with it. Going from using two hands to basically one because one hand was anchoring while the other was swinging was tough to adust to

Hanks, how did the long range putting differ from your usual performance?

I was either way long or way short with everything when using the forward facing technique. when I used it in a more 'traditional' way I was way short with it. Going from using two hands to basically one because one hand was anchoring while the other was swinging was tough to adust to

Did you ever compare your proximity to hole from long range between this and short putters? What was considered long range for this testing? What was considered medium range?

Forward facing putting? probably not. But when I used it in the more 'long putter style' I felt pretty good with it on shorter to medium stuf but the long stuff I struggled with. that could be changed with practice though.

this surprises me a little bit, mainly because distance is what this thing is supposed to really help with

6-10' medium range and >10' long range but that's all subjective to the individual golfer anyway. I found myself closer with shorter putters but that's mainly due to a comfort level with both equipment and technique

Did you ever compare your proximity to hole from long range between this and short putters? What was considered long range for this testing? What was considered medium range?

sorry man, not with me. at least not during my testing period. maybe it would improve over time but not initially for me

this surprises me a little bit, mainly because distance is what this thing is supposed to really help with

6-10' medium range and >10' long range but that's all subjective to the individual golfer anyway. I found myself closer with shorter putters but that's mainly due to a comfort level with both equipment and technique

sorry man, not with me. at least not during my testing period. maybe it would improve over time but not initially for me

you dont have to apologize. Its the concept of tossing horse shoes, corn sacks, etc. thats why I was saying that

I tried this putter at the PGA Show although I used a shorter one and used it as a belly putter. Gave a nice roll.

You did a great job on what had to be a pretty interesting review process. I immediately look at this and the method and say no way, but having never tried it I really can't judge just yet.

Nice review Hanks! This concept seems a little too strange for me so I'm not sure if I'll ever try it. Might work for some people though.

the one thing I will say is that I view greens in a different way now....I'll make a practice stroke or two from behind the ball while facing the line instead of being next to the ball. It's a different perspective that I like a bit and hopefully it helps me a bit

You did a great job on what had to be a pretty interesting review process. I immediately look at this and the method and say no way, but having never tried it I really can't judge just yet.

Good Job Hanks! Like TC said, after reading 7 days in Utopia I wanted to try the technique out. It certainly sounds like it has some merit and with all the belly and long putters we see now, it wouldn't suprise me to see somebody on tour try it out.

Back