Ping G20 Driver & Review Thread

I would love to try this club. The FW are great, and I am especially in love with the stock shaft. One of the better ones I have hit! I reccomend it!

I wish golf was as easy as Tapatalk.

I would love to try this club. The FW are great, and I am especially in love with the stock shaft. One of the better ones I have hit! I reccomend it!

I haven't hit the G20 yet but for me I thought the shaft was the Achilles heel of the K15. I know ping believes in their fitting process but When other oem's are sticking legit upgraded shafts in their drivers as a stock offering, I think ping fails in this area

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

I haven't hit the G20 yet but for me I thought the shaft was the Achilles heel of the K15. I know ping believes in their fitting process but When other oem's are sticking legit upgraded shafts in their drivers as a stock offering, I think ping fails in this area

I haven't hit the K15, so I don't know about that shaft. Do you know how similar it is to the one on the G20?

I haven't hit the K15, so I don't know about that shaft. Do you know how similar it is to the one on the G20?

Looks almost identical but I suspect it's weighted differently. Weight is added above the midpoint of the shaft

Looks almost identical but I suspect it's weighted differently. Weight is added above the midpoint of the shaft

Huh. I found that the flight was very nice on a solid hit. Distance seems about right. I think that it's a pretty solid shaft, at least for my game!

Really looking forward to your review Hawk! I love the looks of this driver. Looks to be another solid offering from Ping!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

Accuracy has been really solid with my K15, the PX keeps things really tight. What I fight and I am consciously aware of it at address is the big hook that can creep in if I turn over too quick...if that makes any sense. K15 is built to be anti right and I can't wait to see what you come up with in the G20.

Yes I am curious as well to see if the G20 can still be anti right as the K15 is.

Really looking forward to your review Hawk! I love the looks of this driver. Looks to be another solid offering from Ping!

Don't worry, I called him Hawk once as well. Or Hawk Hanks, I can't remember.

Good I'll tell him to write it for me then lol

Yes I am curious as well to see if the G20 can still be anti right as the K15 is.

Doubt it. The weight is more in the back vs near the hosel which is designed to help square the club face better. But I'm anxious to see if im wrong

I hit the G20 with the Tour Shaft last Friday while doing my driver fitting. I hit it very well but just did not fell comfortable with it. The head just felt huge to me. Wouldn't mind hitting it more but I found a club that fit me better.

Good I'll tell him to write it for me then lol

Just dictate and he will put it together. I think it's fair.

surprised by this.....

I hit the G20 with the Tour Shaft last Friday while doing my driver fitting. I hit it very well but just did not fell comfortable with it. The head just felt huge to me. Wouldn't mind hitting it more but I found a club that fit me better.

Yeah it might as well be a completely different club with that shaft. I don't really know how to explain it but it felt very tight as compared the standard stiff shaft. I ended up with the standard stiff offering.

Tapatalk

Hit the r11, G15, 910D2, i15, and a few others that I can't remember right now. The head on the G20 just felt different to me. Not in a bad way but just different. Maybe it was the weight, I just can't put my finger on it. I might try to hit it again at the store sometime to better describe it.

what other drivers did you hit as well?

I think the weighting of the shaft in the G20 is placed higher than the mid-point of the shaft compared to those other drivers. that may cause a different feeling

Hit the r11, G15, 910D2, i15, and a few others that I can't remember right now. The head on the G20 just felt different to me. Not in a bad way but just different. Maybe it was the weight, I just can't put my finger on it. I might try to hit it again at the store sometime to better describe it.

Hanks, I cant wait to hear your thoughts. I am a K15 homer so I really want to hear what you think the biggest differences between the two are.

I'm currently playing a G10. I tried the G20 last week and it just didn't feel right to me. Can't put my finger on exactly what it was but it just didn't feel good swinging it

I'm currently playing a G10. I tried the G20 last week and it just didn't feel right to me. Can't put my finger on exactly what it was but it just didn't feel good swinging it

That's funny because I play the G10 too and spent about an hour last Friday night hitting the G20 at Golf Galaxy and I loved the way it felt. It was weighted differently than the G10 (I brought my club in with me to compare) but not in a way that disturbed me. I also hit the R11, Adams Speedline 4G, Razr, and Cleveland SL290 and of all of them I felt I hit the G20 the best.

I'm really looking forward to your review Hanks as right now, I'm seriously leaning towards putting the G20 in my bag.

The way you were ripping the G10 last time we played, this should be a nice natural step up for you

That's funny because I play the G10 too and spent about an hour last Friday night hitting the G20 at Golf Galaxy and I loved the way it felt. It was weighted differently than the G10 (I brought my club in with me to compare) but not in a way that disturbed me. I also hit the R11, Adams Speedline 4G, Razr, and Cleveland SL290 and of all of them I felt I hit the G20 the best.

I'm really looking forward to your review Hanks as right now, I'm seriously leaning towards putting the G20 in my bag.

The way you were ripping the G10 last time we played, this should be a nice natural step up for you

Yea, I was bombing it (for me anyways) about 185 down the middle with a 12 degree on the R flex.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts on this Hanks...I hit the K15 and did okay with it, just wasnt enough for me to pull the trigger on it.

Back