You knew it was coming- the stock 48" shaft from Cobra

lmao. Are you serious? Long Tom? I wouldn't be caught dead with something called the Long Tom in my bag much less a Cobra.

Very interesting look. I'm curious how it will fit into many of the travel bags / covers out there. My stock SuperTri barely fits as it is now, cant imagine an even longer driver.

Very interesting....don't see it working for me as I can't handle the long shaft but would love to give it a swing.

Raw finish is a bit different too.,..kind of like the black matte finish on a car for me. Looking forward to following OEM's thoughts on this....he can't resist trying it! :D

Tappin' from my iPad!

No way I'd be controlling this thing! My father-in-law would love it. His driver is about 47 and he swings it with some great control.

Didn't we have a review on THP of a super-long driver not too long ago? Maybe one from a component company? Sorry, memory is hazy!

It reminds me of the Killer Bee.

Holy lord...Im not sure who they are targeting at all.
My guess is the long drive crowd, although the lofts are a little high for that.

On the other hand, it just occurred to me: if Cobra and Taylormade can get the extra length in shafts accepted as "normal", after a period of time, they will then be able to start shortening the shafts again to promote better control, accuracy, and (with all the technology they'll say they've developed in the clubhead) distance.

Regardless, I think it would be a blast to try!

I have no doubt that I coukdn't hit this thing. I am definately going to try it though. Could be fun.

I wish golf was as easy as Tapatalk.

not me for sure

Change the name, put in a normal shaft and you may have winner. I really can't see anyone wanting to bag this driver.

I guess anything is possible to play if you work at it and need the additional help. I would feel odd if I played a driver this long.

I really like the look of this, but think this is crazy for a stock shaft to be 48". I guess if they are looking for this to be a niche product in their lineup, then I can see it. But I don't see tons of people buying this and gaming it for the long term. Just too many bad shots can be introduced with such a long shaft.

I like it a lot!!!!! It's a beauty!!!

Another example of Cobra completely dropping the ball in the realm of innovation. I can see them now: "what hasn't been done out there?" "I know! A 48 inch driver shaft!"

How lame and weird. Not interested!

Another example of Cobra completely dropping the ball in the realm of innovation. I can see them now: "what hasn't been done out there?" "I know! A 48 inch driver shaft!"

How lame and weird. Not interested!

Old people will eat this thing up dude.

my BSF 2.0 at 46.5 was way too long. i just dont see why! someone will buy it though

Probably. I'm not interested at all.

if 48 is the limit why not... theyve maximized everything else from cc to moi... im surprised they didnt do it for the cobra zl
i wonder if you can even buy a 48" shaft to reshaft a club you have

Gray will have this in his bag ASAP and it will be severely uncomfortable when he talks on the forum about how much he loves his "Long Tom"

Reactions: JB
if 48 is the limit why not... theyve maximized everything else from cc to moi... im surprised they didnt do it for the cobra zl
i wonder if you can even buy a 48" shaft to reshaft a club you have

B/c it will be incredibly innaccurate. Most of the shafts that come to me from the factory are 47". That's why this is odd to me.

lol if only you saw my swing... even a 45" is incredibly inaccurate hahaha
wonder if reshafting a hammer driver would add 100yrds

...i wonder if you can even buy a 48" shaft to reshaft a club you have
Oh yeah, plenty of those out there...look on the long drive sites.

I like the look of it but I wouldn't trust my control with it. Right now I looking more at accuracy than distance even with my current driver. Would love to hit it though.

Tapatalk... Loved by me hated by the wife.

Back