Callaway RAZR Hawk & Diablo Octane Drivers

I spent some time on the range with my reshafted Octane driver. I pulled the PX 6.0 tour shaft and installed my Matrix Radix HD6, at 45'', and this combo is awesome! My ball flight is right where I would want it to be with a 10.5* head and just like in my review, this shaft is just so predictable. I feel like I can just hammer away now and I don't fear the odd balloon ball one bit.

In all honesty, I'm excited as hell to get this combination on the golf course!

I spent some time on the range with my reshafted Octane driver. I pulled the PX 6.0 tour shaft and installed my Matrix Radix HD6, at 45'', and this combo is awesome! My ball flight is right where I would want it to be with a 10.5* head and just like in my review, this shaft is just so predictable. I feel like I can just hammer away now and I don't fear the odd balloon ball one bit.

In all honesty, I'm excited as hell to get this combination on the golf course!

thats awesome bro...sounds like you had a good day today bro!!

Did it bring the flight down for you?

Did it bring the flight down for you?

Beautifully! I was telling kmac that the best way to describe it: penetrating, mid launch! I don't know what else to say. It's like night and day for me. Love that Radix.

That's good to hear. Better yet if it's predictable as well.

Nice results TC!! Sounds like that driver just got that much better for you

Nice results TC!! Sounds like that driver just got that much better for you

Dude, it sure did. I love the driver itself. A monster head, super forgiving and a sound that's addicting. Now I feel like I'm ready to hit bombs.

Man that combo is what I want I think TC. In the firm flex

Man that combo is what I want I think TC. In the firm flex

Razr Hawk/Radix or Octane/Radix? This will be my gamer dude. I'll use the R11 for shaft testing but I'll be using the Octane/Radix for my scorecard. Have you still not hit a Radix yet?

Razr Hawk/Radix or Octane/Radix? This will be my gamer dude. I'll use the R11 for shaft testing but I'll be using the Octane/Radix for my scorecard. Have you still not hit a Radix yet?

Well the Capt told me to ponder both so I will be hitting both set up stock on a LM and see which one I like best. I have hit the Hawk before and absolutely loved it. Beautiful feel to it. I have not hit a Radix yet. I have no one around me that has a plethora of shafts to try out. Yeah I said plethora:bananadance:

Beautifully! I was telling kmac that the best way to describe it: penetrating, mid launch! I don't know what else to say. It's like night and day for me. Love that Radix.

I love when you talk dirty. I think someone said something about doing this before the MC, no? haha we wont go there. Its awesome that it worked out so well. I think the Radix is such a good shaft for the money.

Pesonally I think OEM needs to just ship me his driver to test out. I will skymark the heck out of it and say I don't like it

I love when you talk dirty. I think someone said something about doing this before the MC, no? haha we wont go there. Its awesome that it worked out so well. I think the Radix is such a good shaft for the money.

When was I suppose to reshaft dude? Not enough time. It worked out ok in the end, but man, is it better now!

Pesonally I think OEM needs to just ship me his driver to test out. I will skymark the heck out of it and say I don't like it

That's actually not a bad idea. Kmac probably has tons of spares lying around.

This may be very possible if I cant resist the urge to get my G20 on.

When was I suppose to reshaft dude? Not enough time. It worked out ok in the end, but man, is it better now!

Its better now and thats all that matters. I will say this, I love how the Octane looks.

I love how the Octane looks too. It's pretty wicked and I kill it. I want golf clubs that make golf easier. Octane driver....check! DART putter.......check!

I made it out to the range after work today for the battle of the drivers! You know you mean serious business when you walk out on the range with a bag of balls and two drivers. I had my R11 10.5* with a 60 gram Fubuki Shaft in it and a Razr Hawk Tour 10.5* with a 60 gram Aldila RIP shaft. My plan today was to hit through the bag of balls alternating drivers every 4 balls. I wish I had a LM with me, but I would just rely on trusty old ball flight for the answer.

So the drivers battled back in forth through out the whole bag. The R11 had some really solid shots and the Hawk answered back each time. One thing that would happen within each set of R11 sets, I would have one or two balls draw to hard or hook. This has been what I have been struggling with every back nine lately.

The only struggles I had with the Hawk was putting a fade on the ball at first. I think this was just due to the fact that it is a Tour Hawk and is 1* open. After about a set or two this was eliminated. I was then putting the balls straight down the range at my target.

I had a similar ball flight between the two drivers. Sometimes the Hawk seemed to balloon slightly at the end of the flight, but not too bad. I might get Setho's opinion next time we play.

All in all, the Hawk came out with the more consistent ball flight. You almost felt like you could let loose at the ball a little more. I some what have felt like I have been holding back with the R11 to gain a good drive. I can tell you that the Hawk is more forgiving. I attempted some toe shots and heel shots with both drivers. The Hawk did not loose as near as much distance as the R11 on those shots. I am really glad I picked up this driver. I plan on playing the RIP shaft for a few weeks and then make my decision on if I might change it. If I got that route I plan on getting on a LM for the final result.

Why didn't I get one of these cameras like 5 years ago.

PS I love this Driver. :clapp:

That guy in the background is at the range every day for like 5 hours putting. I hope he is a good putter.

I had a great day on the course yesterday with the Razr Hawk. I think I am really in love with this driver! Is it awkward to ask your wife if your driver can come to bed too? HAHA

I was 4/7 fairways with the driver yesterday. That is 57% FIR with the driver. That is awesome. This was a really tight course and I used other clubs on the other 7 holes. On the holes I did use the driver I was just creaming the ball down the fairway. It was awesome. I think I only lost one stroke from the driver, by pushing a ball out to the right one time. Here are my thoughts on the driver yesterday.

Looks- I love the looks of this driver. Clean and simple head that inspires confidence. I have been playing a white head up to this point and I think I like the black better. It is a small distraction, but I catch myself looking at the dirt spots on the white driver. HAHA This driver does seem to look a little bit longer than my last driver (Even though there is a 1/4 " difference).

Sound- I think the sound of this driver is great. It is like a muted crack of a bat. There is not a high ping or any other annoying sound. It doesn't really matter where you hit it on the club face, but it sounds about the same.

Feel- You can really feel where on the face that you hit the ball. I love this feeling. It helps me correct myself the next time I hit the club.

Performance- This is one of the biggest factors of this driver. I only missed 3 fairways yesterday and two of those were barely in the rough. Like within 5 ft of the fairway. I only lost one ball in of to the right with the driver. This was a bad swing and my provisional off the tee, went straight down the fairway. I think I caught two of the FIR balls off the toe and it still when close to where I intended. I think I only lost like 10 yds. of distance too. I think you can tell by my FIR percentage that this driver is helping me out. (57%) I foresee this only getting better down the road.

Overall- I really do enjoy hitting this driver. We played a tight course yesterday that didn't require driver every par 4 or 5. It sorta frustrated me, because I wanted to hit my new driver! Even though the driver holes were tight, I still came out with great results from the day. I am not sure about the re-shafting right now. I am going to continue to play the RIP shaft and see how it goes for now.

im a high handicap golfer... fairly new to the game, my brother in law talked me into getting a set of clubs and he gave me his old Ping G2... problem is its an 8.5* with an x-flex shaft... its been a pain to try to hit consistently! i tried a buddy's k-15 out last week and loved it... i tried the callaway octane out today at a local golf store here in japan and i loved it even more... lining up seemed easier, and the club was considerably lighter! took about 3-4 strokes to get used to the length, but after that i was hitting the ball consistently! golf equipment here in japan is extremely expensive, so i decided to check ebay before i bit the bullet.... good thing i did, i found a 10.5* with a regular flex shaft for 89.99 shipped! i really can't wait to get on the course here on base when the driver gets here!.... oh yeah it came with an odyssey white hot putter too.... i think i'll keep using my 2-ball until i have a better eye for lining up my putts... but at least i have a blade standing by as soon as i progress!

Jrod, your swing sucks. :alien: haha naa man good stuff, Im only slightly man jealous of your swing dude. Nice update dmb , good to see the Hawk working for you man.

Nice pick-up on the Octane!

Just got my razr hawk delivered yesterday.

Only balls i've hit have come on the range yesterday. I'm hitting a 9.5* stiff with the stock RIP Aldila shaft.

All i can say is that this thing is a rocket launcher!!!! hit some deadly bombs with it, but most importantly it is accurate. I had a few miss hits but none of them sliced/hooked as wildly as you'd expect. turned more into slight draws and fades instead, definitely still playable. Can't wait to bring it out on the course with me tomorrow! we'll see how accurate and long this beauty actually is.

Can't wait!

Congrats T-Bone! That Razr Hawk seems to be finally finding it's place and getting some love like it deserves.

Back