Forum Testing Signup - Wilson Staff FG Tour V2 Irons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! Thought for sure there would be more sign ups for these! That's alright though. Gives me a better chance of getting to contribute to the site!!! Wanting to be given this chance so bad I'm willing to fork over the shipping all the way to Hawaii to put my thoughts in on these. A nominal fee to possibly get such a great chance to help others narrow their search for "the irons" for them.

Tempo, timing, tapping.

Wow... nice clubs!! Mucho Gracious to Wilson and THP for this chance to test out these irons!

Good to see Wilson continuing to introduce sweet clubs that are a tribute to their long and storied heritage in golf as an industry leader, and will hopefully help launch them back into the upper echelon of club makers in the public's eye.

I played Wilson Staff Goosenecks up until last year, when I made the switch to Taylormade r7 TP's

1. What irons do you currently play? Taylormade r7 TP
2. What is your handicap index? 12
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? Nippon R Steel
4. Are you right handed or left handed? Righty
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP?

I plan on taking these to the driving range at least 1x per week and to the course 1x-2x + as time allows. I plan on comparing these new Wilsons to both my TM r7's and vintage Wilson Staff Goosenecks, as well as my newly acquired mint Srixon i-506's, and will try to provide at least digital photo's to illustrate my posts. I am somewhat active on THP visiting multiple times weekly (if not daily), and I expect this activity level to be maintained if not increased. I will try to determine how these clubs perform on full and partial swing shots from a variety of lies and conditions, which shouldn't be too hard given my somewhat errant tee shots!

1. What irons do you currently play?
Ping ISI BeCu

2. What is your handicap index?
5.6 OOB

3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)?
Steel, 6.5 Royal Precision FCM Rifle.

4. Are you right handed or left handed?
Right

5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP?
I live in AZ, so I fit the bill of being able to test these year-round on a consistent basis in a great environment. I'm on the range or the course more days during the week than I am not. I'd like to alternate rounds between the Pings and the Wilsons or do solo rounds alternating irons playing two balls after my drives to get a thorough opinion on how these stack up against the clubs I swear by and refuse to move on from. I have 1.24 posts per day here, so not huge, but I am an avid reader of these threads especially.

Last edited:
Wow! Thought for sure there would be more sign ups for these! That's alright though. Gives me a better chance of getting to contribute to the site!!! Wanting to be given this chance so bad I'm willing to fork over the shipping all the way to Hawaii to put my thoughts in on these. A nominal fee to possibly get such a great chance to help others narrow their search for "the irons" for them.

Tempo, timing, tapping.

How generous of you. :act-up:
Everybody that signs up agrees to pay the shipping of their irons.

I'm just absolutely floored at the opportunities you guys provide us here at THP! and here's another to raise the bar even higher, These are great looking Irons!

1. What irons do you currently play? I play the Mizuno MP 37's standard loft and lie
2. What is your handicap index? 5.6
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? I play True Temper DG S300 steel
4. Are you right handed or left handed? I am right handed
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I am an avid golfer, and if I'm not playing I'm practicing, I love to go to the range and it would not be any different if chosen to test these, I would give good descriptions of my capabilities with them and what I feel the Irons enhance and limit, as well as get some good video fooage of them in action as well, pics would also be a plenty. My activity level here is pretty solid, i'm here several times a day, generally before the range and after the range during the week, and much more on the weekends, I'm making some changes swingwise right now and a more forgiving set of irons is certainly attractive lol..

1. taylormade burners (YR 09) stock 85gr steel stiff

2. hdcp 5

3. stock 85gr steel stiff

4. Are you right handed

5. testing plan is to play 3 times a week with range at least 2 times before play. evaluate clubs on feel, accuracy, distance, hieght, spin on greens, wind play, lie and turf interaction. I work as a club tech at a well known golf store and will compare to other brands & on thp 3 times a week

Today is the last full day for sign ups! Come on everybody sign up for a chance to test some great looking irons!

FG Tour irons? Yummy!

FG Tour irons? Yummy!

1. What irons do you currently play? Ping G15
2. What is your handicap index? 18.0, my lifetime high - I need help!
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? Ping AWT, reg flex
4. Are you right handed or left handed?right handed
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? Range sessions (back to back with my G15's most likely, and maybe my FG-17's, just fora laugh), Mid week on-course play/practice. I haven't been all that active on THP, am a fairly new member.

Steve

How generous of you. :act-up:
Everybody that signs up agrees to pay the shipping of their irons.

Oh, I completely understand that. But I do believe that mine would be extra expensive good sir. Correct me if I'm wrong. Not that I think I'm special. I'm just willing to do whatever to contribute to the site. Heck, I'd even sign a contract that says l'll turn mine back in after testing. Although it would be against my good will.

Tempo, timing, tapping.

I can't wait to see some feedback on these, if they perform even half as good as they look they are a major win for Wilson in my book.

Looking forward to see who is lucky enough to test these out. Love the interest that they are generating around here.

I currently play the Wilson Staff FG Tour irons and am a 2 handicap.
The FG tour irons I have are Rifle 6.0 steel shafts. Am right handed.
I have been playing Wilson Staff irons since I was 16...that is 35 years. I have used every top of the line iron Wilson has produced in that time period.
I play golf 2-3 times a week and am a high sachool teahcer and head golf coach at the school.
I think I would be the perfect candidate to test these new Wilson Staff irons

Thursday morning cant come soon enough. We are going to have three very happy people in less than 24 hours!

Thursday will be here soon enough..I truly hope these perform as good as they look.

What an opportunity!

What an opportunity!

1. I currently play the Wilson Staff FG Tour irons.
2. My handicap index is 7.4.
3. I play steel Dynamic Gold S300 shafts.
4. I am right handed.
5. I would test these out on the course twice a week, along with the driving range 3-4 times a week. I regularly visit THP to read news and forums. I also use it as a resource whenever I have a question about clubs in general.

Thank you for your consideration!

Wilson Staff FG Tour V2 Irons Test

Wilson Staff FG Tour V2 Irons Test

This certianly looks to be a great opportunity.

1. What irons do you currently play? Adams Idea Pro Forged

2. What is your handicap index? I'll call it an even 9, last offical 8.9.

3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? Stiff Gold Graphite Shafts

4. Are you right handed or left handed? Right Handed, but dabble on the left too!

5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? Initial test would be on the driving range to guage feel and distances prior to first round. Once complete, play all rounds over the course of the next month to make sound judgement under varynig playing conditions and times. I would also have playing partners hit the irons and gain thier feedback too. Based on the testing meaures, I would provide constant feedback and discovery to fourm members on the Irons.

Sweet opportunity... Have never tried Wilson irons.. Always interested and getting the feel in new technology.

1. What irons do you currently play? Titleist AP2s 2009
2. What is your handicap index? 7
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? Project x 5.5 Stiff Steel
4. Are you right handed or left handed? Right
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? Golf 3-4 times a week... I will give detailed updates after each round on score / flight / spin and distance. Currently visit THP periodically for new product info, contests, and read forums.. Also Follow on Twitter

Hi my name is Chunkylover78. I would be willing to live at the range in order to sleep with these irons. I mean test these irons

Hi my name is Chunkylover78. I would be willing to live at the range in order to sleep with these irons. I mean test these irons

:D

I wish golf was as easy as Tapatalk.

Me too Chunky, Me too!

Bump for anyone who still wants to sign up. Only a few hours left so let's get some more sign ups!

Really excited for the announcement. We should get a really good lobby of testers.

Really excited for the announcement. We should get a really good lobby of testers.

Agreed, exciting stuff, there is going to be a lot of F5 pushing tomorrow

Last edited:
I've been really good about not blowing up this thread with posts, but I just want to say that this is awesome. That is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back