The Official 2011 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never said they weren't a good football team. Man you Packer fans suck at internet sarcasm trash talking.

Being serious, so not to get anyone's panties in a bunch, the Packers have a good team, a very good team, heck I would've picked their whole offense for my FF team if I had a chance (well maybe not your running back(s)). Anyways, I just get a kick out of ruffling some feathers especially when super fans get all "best in the world of the NFL" because you won the big game last year. Patriots fans did it, Steeler fans did it, heck Cowboys fans do it and they haven't won squat since Aikman got his bell rung. Honestly, they got a good shot at repeating. Do I think they're gonna do it... no. Just laws of numbers and the fact that it's ridiculously hard to repeat in the NFL.

You remember the last team to do it? Patriots SB 38-39. Before that... Broncos SB 32-33. Been a long time huh?

I wish the Packers traded their entire offense to Carolina for the rights to Cam Newton. That guy is the best player in the NFL - outside of Tebow.

I wish the Packers traded their entire offense to Carolina for the rights to Cam Newton. That guy is the best player in the NFL - outside of Tebow.

Let's not go that route. I think he's the best TE that Denver has drafted since Shannon Sharpe. Watch you'll see.

Let's not go that route. I think he's the best TE that Denver has drafted since Shannon Sharpe. Watch you'll see.

He's an H back.

Kevin

He's an H back.

He's ruggedly handsome. And should be allowed to play all 11 positions at the same time. Timmy could pull it off. I heard he fed a crowd of people with two fish and five loaves of bread. (too far?)

He's an all star trier.

Kevin

He's an H back.

Kevin

Jimmy Kleinsaucer (play on words, not a typo Blu) disagrees.

He's ruggedly handsome. And should be allowed to play all 11 positions at the same time. Timmy could pull it off. I heard he fed a crowd of people with two fish and five loaves of bread. (too far?)

You're lucky I'm not a Filipino Catholic... wait. (I hope you get that reference)

Every time I hear JC come into a conversation I think of this...

Please, give me a reason why Clay Matthews isn't overrated in all aspects of linebacking besides rushing the passer. Anyone who isn't a Packer fan would agree. Watching you two is entertaining. Like I said, you should be proud, your team is the reigning SB champs but you still live in Wiscansin.

Please, give me a reason why Clay Matthews isn't overrated in all aspects of linebacking besides rushing the passer. Anyone who isn't a Packer fan would agree. Watching you two is entertaining. Like I said, you should be proud, your team is the reigning SB champs but you still live in Wiscansin.

Dude, they call him a LB, but he's a DE in the 3-4 defense. Great pass rusher. Good in pursuit in the run game. That's his job.

Good luck to the Panthers tomorrow. Maybe they'll be the Colts of 1996.

Kevin

He couldn't carry James Harrison's jock!

He couldn't carry James Harrison's jock!

Why would he want to? Harrison was a non-factor in last year's Super Bowl. Never made a play that I recall. He's over the hill.

Kevin

Why would he want to? Harrison was a non-factor in last year's Super Bowl. Never made a play that I recall. He's over the hill.

Kevin

Nope, he didn't make a play. Same goes for lots of Steelers. However, his season dwarfed Matthews and talks of Matthews as defensive player of the year were absurd!

tgtt

Nope, he didn't make a play. Same goes for lots of Steelers. However, his season dwarfed Matthews and talks of Matthews as defensive player of the year were absurd!

tgtt

Harrison's season was so good, Palamalo won the award. He can really get those personal fouls, though.

Kevin

Harrison's season was so good, Palamalo won the award. He can really get those personal fouls, though.

Kevin

Troy did win, as he should have. But, when comparing Matthews stats to Harrison's it's a wonder Matthews was even mentioned. Yeah, those personal fouls are only fouls because he hits soooo much harder than anyone else which makes them look so brutal. At least twice last week his foot steps alone caused 2 dropped passes (I don't blame those receivers either).

Troy did win, as he should have. But, when comparing Matthews stats to Harrison's it's a wonder Matthews was even mentioned. Yeah, those personal fouls are only fouls because he hits soooo much harder than anyone else with his helmet which makes them look so brutal. At least twice last week his foot steps alone caused 2 dropped passes (I don't blame those receivers either).

Fixed it for you. Maybe he should have stopped a few guys last week that held on to the ball. Then the Ravens wouldn't have scored 35 points.

Kevin

Fixed it for you. Maybe he should have stopped a few guys last week that held on to the ball. Then the Ravens wouldn't have scored 35 points.

Kevin

Yeah, you're right, I forgot the Saints were held in check last week. My bad.

Yeah, you're right, I forgot the Saints were held in check last week. My bad.

Held in check enough.

Packers 1-0
Steelers 0-1

Kevin

Held in check enough.

Packers 1-0
Steelers 0-1

Kevin

We are averaging 7 TOs a game!

Not even James freaking Harrison can overcome that!!

We are averaging 7 TOs a game!

Not even James freaking Harrison can overcome that!!

The Ravens forced those by being more physical. IIRC, in the Super Bowl, the guy who can't carry James Harrison's jock hit the guy who thinks the U.S. government was behind 9/11 so hard, not using his helmet, that he fumbled and essentially ended the Steelers chances.

Pretty big play for an overrated LB.

Kevin

The Ravens forced those by being more physical. IIRC, in the Super Bowl, the guy who can't carry James Harrison's jock hit the guy who thinks the U.S. government was behind 9/11 so hard, not using his helmet, that he fumbled and essentially ended the Steelers chances.

Pretty big play for an overrated LB.

Kevin

Actually, I wish he would've used his helmet on that play.

Actually, I wish he would've used his helmet on that play.

Couple of pretty bad INTs by the alleged sex offender during the SB, too. If you think about, he's made some pretty bad mistakes in the last two games which counted in which he has played. Maybe he's no longer any good.

Nah, I'm sure Big Ben still has what it takes. I know Colin Cowherd thinks so. He likes Romo a lot, too.

Kevin

Couple of pretty bad INTs by the alleged sex offender during the SB, too. If you think about, he's made some pretty bad mistakes in the last two games which counted in which he has played. Maybe he's no longer any good.

Nah, I'm sure Big Ben still has what it takes. I know Colin Cowherd thinks so. He likes Romo a lot, too.

Kevin

We got blasted yet, for some reason, I'm not too worried. Probably because we have legit OLBs to rectify the situation.

Seriously, I like Matthews. He just had no business in the discussion for defensive player of the year last year. Maybe soon enough, though.

We got blasted yet, for some reason, I'm not too worried. Probably because we have legit OLBs to rectify the situation.

Seriously, I like Matthews. He just had no business in the discussion for defensive player of the year last year. Maybe soon enough, though.

We'll have to disagree on that. Considering he played most of the year with the other OLB being played by two different street free agents which allowed teams to double and triple team him, and played a number of games with a stress fracture in his leg, I think he had a hell of a year.

But he's shown he can have some injury problems, so we'll see.

The Steelers always seem to be there near or at the end. But Ward is getting old, the O-line has questions, the RB is kind of a nut, the corners are nothing to write home about, and the QB has been shaky in his last two years and always seems like he's one drink from being arrested, they may disappoint this year.

Kevin

Fwiw, I think Demarcus Ware is the best OLB in football, and has been for a while.

Good luck today Packers nation. I hope like hell there's a massive upset. Between the Packers and Mizuno you guys are some crazy-in-love people. Almost to the point of delusion.

And that's why the Caraolina Panthers are so heavily favored to win the Super Bowl this year. It's also why the Packers are gonna fly under everyone's radar this year because Packer super fans, like you, are so modest and grounded.

This made me laugh. Must be the same discussion that Brady should be getting blasted for never getting it done like Marino. HA!

You are dead right.

It's pretty bad when your own QB calls you and your rituals "Ridiculous"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back