First lesson tomorrow

Hyers

Reaction score
Handicap
Hey all

Tomorrow will be my first real lesson, I have tried so many different things lately I seem to have broken any game I did have.

So here I am wondering if there is anything I should be asking tomorrow or looking out for during my first lesson?

Let us know how it goes, 1st lesson is very exciting and enlightening, good luck.

Will do!

I have quite a few buddies who play and are very good and they have tried to help me. While I respect them and their knowledge on golf I had to finally give in to a lesson.

I think I will benefit by it more because I will have homework ad know in playing for it hah.

And I can no longer blame my clubs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A pro can fix something in minutes that a buddy could possible make worse

Good Luck with the first lesson.

Will do!

I have quite a few buddies who play and are very good and they have tried to help me. While I respect them and their knowledge on golf I had to finally give in to a lesson.

I think I will benefit by it more because I will have homework ad know in playing for it hah.

And I can no longer blame my clubs

Just go in with a open mind and trust the pro. Remember as well it that is really never the clubs. They can't swing themselves. Take each part of the game a step at a time. You can't cover everything in a single lesson.

Well considering I upgraded my old knockoff set with Burner 2.0s irons/hybrids/driver I don't think it's fair to them. But I do love when I hit a bad shot and I take my club and look at it like really that just happened. I think most know that look

Well considering I upgraded my old knockoff set with Burner 2.0s irons/hybrids/driver I don't think it's fair to them. But I do love when I hit a bad shot and I take my club and look at it like really that just happened. I think most know that look

Well...if not the clubs you could always look at you shoes...or your glove ...maybe the grass is the wrong shape for your swing. :act-up:

Well...if not the clubs you could always look at you shoes...or your glove ...maybe the grass is the wrong shape for your swing. :act-up:

Haha. My shoes annoy me. One feels great broke in nice... The other hurts like a mofo.

So I can always blame something? Haha

So here I am wondering if there is anything I should be asking tomorrow or looking out for during my first lesson?

Be very clear about your goals and understand the Pro's plan for reaching those goal. I also think it is important to come away from the lesson with stuff to work on at home, maybe one or two drills that you are going to do before your next lesson.

I am just starting on lessons too and being open minded is critical. Also, don't let it discourage you if you feel like you can't even hit the ball if the pro suggests a lot of changes. It was hard for me the first few drill/practice session to keep the mind open because I couldn't even make the club and the ball occupy the same zipcode at the same time. But I kept the drills and practice up and finally it started to click. It takes a lot of repetition to make some changes begin to feel natural, but it will come.

Well today went.... well actually..

I found a lot of my problems are my grip (which I knew) and my take away from the ball. After one lesson I feel like I am so much better.. There is a lot of work to do, but I at least felt like I accomplished something today.

After the lesson I went and got another basket of balls and hit it, was like night and day and the more and more I hit the more comfortable the new grip and swing felt. Really excited for the future :)

Glad to hear that buddy, it is exciting when something as (supposedly) small as a grip change makes such a difference. Keep up the good work and don't forget to update this thread.

Will do. Just got frustrating changing so much and then losing anything I had. Not to mention its all complicated by my back injury (herniated discs) that requires surgery.

A few more days at the range and I will go out and try a round and see if I have improved. Lucky for me I played in a charity golf tournament a few months ago and won 4 free rounds of golf. Hooray

Back