Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a great shot. The bunker shot out of #6 from the fried egg lie which led to the par save was great too.

thanks, i didn't know which one to go with for this thread. the longer one won out. I have had real good luck out of the sand on that course. Johnny says it was all the courses in Florida that are nothing but sand that I got to practice on.

Best shot was a 25 ft pitch on for par on a par 3.

An absolute BOMB of a drive on the last hole of my course that put me in wedge distance where I normally hit a mid iron. Not going to bother with sharing the sprinkler vs scorecard distance comparable haha, just not worth it!

Also managed to drain a putt from about 30 feet that had a HUGE hook in it, going downhill. Was a beauty for birdie. Felt great.

A putt that spanned the entire green on the 17th. Had to be in the 45' range. Slight left to right then right to left double break and downhill slope. It's one of those putts that either goes in or goes off the green. Luckily I stroked what might be the most beautiful putt I've ever had and it fell. So nice in fact, that I had a chip in during my round and I don't count that as my best shot.

Tempo, timing, tapping.

Best shot of Sundays round was a 7iron to the par 3 166yd 17th, stuck it on the green to within 6 feet of the flag and somehow missed the birdie putt :(

8 IRON from 165 to about 1 foot away. Possibly the best shot of my life.

I had a few really good flop shots with my new 60* cleveland CG16's that stoped a few inches from the cup a couple times. But my best shot was probably a 211 yard approach with my 2H. I was right next to a fairway bunker with a high wall so I had to get the ball up in a hurry. I hunkered down and put a good swing on the ball...BOOOM. I watched it happily roll right up to the fringe and trickle onto the green. It's always nice when you can put it on in 2 on a par 5.

9 iron from 112 out of the rough. Stuck it to 5 feet. And of course missed the birdie putt. Make par.

Par 5. I hit my drive to the right. Hybrid shot hit some trees. I had 230 into a green about 15 or 20 feet deep. Blasted a 3 wood right at the flag and made the green. Saved for par

hit a ridiculous 4w from 250 that almost reached the front of the green on a long par5... duffed my eagle chip and sank a really long birdie putt on aerated greens

Don't you just love when a bad shot doesn't end up mattering one bit? I mean don't get me wrong... I'd rather have chipped to 2 inches and taken the same 4... But a 4 is a 4... Long putt on an aerated green has it's own satisfaction.

Medium length par 5, good drive to middle of fairway left me around 225 to the middle of the green, uphill, well protected by bunkers, wind at my back. Flushed 3 wood with perfect landing in the middle of the green, sank the resulting 20 footer for eagle. EXCEPT before that happened my first attempt with the three wood I shanked into a lake short right of the green and took a drop in the same place before hitting the great 3 wood, so technically my eagle was a Par, but it was one heck of an up-and-down from 225 yards, haha. :)

On a long par 5 terrible tee shot, topped 5wd, topped 4i, still 226 to the hole tree in my way can see the pin but not the whole green as its down hill. decided to choke down on my 5wd and go for a low draw around the tree just hoping to find the green. Shot went perfectly ball ended up about 6ft past the pin, I think it just missed the cup as it went by. 2 putted for bogey.

3 foot birdie putt today to take a hard earned match from a tough little lady! (Not kellybo)

Hit a 185 yard 8 iron Phil Mickelson style (Severely down wind) that came to rest about 1 foot from the pin for a tap in eagle.

168 yard tee shot with a 7i, made the birdie putt too!!!

photo10.jpg

180 yard 5 iron to 10 feet, missed the bird but made par.

Hit a 64* lob wedge from about 60 yards out 1 hopped, spun and ended up 2ft past the hole. Tap in birdie!

180 uphill par 3. Hit a 5 iron right at the pin, hit the pin, and ended up 6 inches from the cup. SO CLOSE!

Congrats Diane! That's awesome

185 yard par 3, stuck it 8 feet under the pin and made the birdie putt. I gave it back on the next hole with a double bogey, but it was cool to make a birdie on a par 3, I don't get to write 2 on my scorecard very much.

185 yard par 3, stuck it 8 feet under the pin and made the birdie putt. I gave it back on the next hole with a double bogey, but it was cool to make a birdie on a par 3, I don't get to write 2 on my scorecard very much.

dood me either. Par 3 birdies feel so much better than par 4's sometimes. Of course a birdie is a birdie is a birdie :)

In my last round I had a little over 250 for my second into a long par 5. I hit it off the bottom groove and it didn't get more than five feet off the ground, but it rolled in and out of a sand trap, through ten yards of rough, and up to the green about 15 feet from the hole. I ended up with birdie, but what a great approach.

This happened to me last week, but I didn't post it at the time. I was on a par 3 and had about 135 from the pin that was on the back of the green (playing from the whites for league play). I hit a pitching wedge that landed behind and to the right of the flag and spun back to 23" from the stick. I thought I might have had my first ace when it hit the green and came back. It was good enough to win closest to the pin.

In my last round I had a little over 250 for my second into a long par 5. I hit it off the bottom groove and it didn't get more than five feet off the ground, but it rolled in and out of a sand trap, through ten yards of rough, and up to the green about 15 feet from the hole. I ended up with birdie, but what a great approach.

Haha nice1! I love it when I'm like Doh! as it knuckle shots like a bullet and then a sigh of relief when it's close or on the green.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back