Gone W/ The Wynns

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Have had a chance to correspond with a couple over the last couple of weeks that are pretty fascinating people. They are a young couple that traded it all in to have an adventure of a lifetime and document the entire thing on their website. They were both successful at what they did and yet in some ways gave that all away to pursue what they wanted.

Last night we had the opportunity to have dinner with them and they are two of the nicest people we have met. Just so much fun, so much help and best of all so much enthusiasm for what they do. I have to mention that they are golfers too.

If you get a chance, check out their website at www.gonewiththewynns.com
Its a very cool story and they have been featured (and are featured) on so many TV shows, radio shows, magazines and more.
You can also follow them on Twitter @the_wynns

Jason is pretty talented with the camera and took this one of the 4 of us at SNOB in Charleston last night.

snob-M.jpg

Sounds interesting, I'll have to check it out later today.

Wow, some really cool stuff on their site. Their RV "Wendy" was downright amazing especially with the solar panels and all. They have had some really neat adventures and looks like a full calendar for 2012 as well.

Their website looks really cool. I am glad you guys had a great time with them last night.

I'm going to check the site out. Sounds like a great experience.

Always nice to meet new friends, I could not get anything but audio on their website though. I know you enjoyed the meal, S.N.O.B. is down right awesome.

I can't imagine just taking off like that. Sounds like a pretty amazing way to live. Some great photos on their site.

I think I saw the episode where they bought the RV, dont remember what show. But, he apparently made some great money in the movie industry. that would make it easier.

Will check it out, thanks for sharing JB.

Gotta love Charleston! Where people are SNOBs and desire to be SOBs!

Well that's pretty cool. I'll check out the site a but later when I'm at a computer. Thanks for sharing JB.

I think it is pretty cool that they can travel the country and build memories of a lifetime. Sounds like an interesting gig for a retired couple too.

I think it is pretty cool that they can travel the country and build memories of a lifetime. Sounds like an interesting gig for a retired couple too.
OG, that's exactly what my grandparents did. After my Grandfather retired from the Army, they hit the road in their RV. They went all over the place, and it was a blast for me as I got to tag along for extended times during the summer. It was a great way to travel, and a fun way to get across the Country. With another little one on the way, I am slowly convincing the wife that this is the best and most practical way for us to vacation!

This would the the opportunity of a lifetime... If after 3 months you had the media industry paying for all your expenses.. Man that would be sweet!!!!!!!!!!

Great story and a great way of life if you have the means to pull it off. My inlaws did something similar. Still in their 40's, they sold everything they had, bought an RV and hit the road. Still do for that matter after 30 years of it.

It would certainly be very cool to be able to do something like that,,,,definately memories that will last them a lifetime.

This would the the opportunity of a lifetime... If after 3 months you had the media industry paying for all your expenses.. Man that would be sweet!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think that is entirely the case for them.

their website is pretty damn good.

Not saying it was. I should have reworded that in saying that's the only way I could afford to do that...

And yes I looked into their site more and understand they saved and are entrepreneurs and self made. I've looked into doing something similar to that after college and realized I wasn't innovative enough for that. I envy someone who can pull that off. Sorry JB..

Its pretty amazing to think about packing up what you have, selling your possessions and hitting the road to create stories you will have for life. Plus I get to follow along on their website. They are truly nice people that put what they are doing ahead of all else.

good for them that they were able to pull this off, god I hate driving so much, that would be torture.

Why did you take that picture in front of a maverick establishment?! That's just wrong man, we can't get those flavors down here.

Neat concept the Wynn's took on.

Why did you take that picture in front of a maverick establishment?! That's just wrong man, we can't get those flavors down here.

Neat concept the Wynn's took on.

It was the place GG and I spent one of our first dinner's together after being married. Always a soft spot with great food.

Back