Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did. I took the stock grips off and put midsize tour velvets on them.

JB, I remember the first outing at PGA Nat'l. You were hooking the Mashie at first.

DIdnt hit it then accept for 4 balls.
The club you saw me hitting was the Adams SuperBlack hybrid. Its the only hybrid I have ever really struggled with a hook with.

I think set up and ball position are paramount to hitting a Mashie straight. And apparently Im one of the few who didnt know how to do it correctly so I gave up on it as I got tired of fighting with it.

I thought about adding Mid-Size to mine. Didn't you have trouble getting them on?

I had it done dude. I wasn't about to try to regrip those things.

I went through a spell of hooking mine. Once I saw the post by TC about the arrows on the grip, I have not had a problem. I think the M1 is more solid than the M3. IMO

I went through a spell of hooking mine. Once I saw the post by TC about the arrows on the grip, I have not had a problem. I think the M1 is more solid than the M3. IMO

I regripped my own mashie, twice, it was not fun and I wouldn't try it again. Do what TC did and have someone else fight with it.

Have you ever changed the grip on your Mashie?

I did I used a regular size UST Mamiya grip on them. I had no issues doing so, but I used the pure grip gun to assist(that thing just makes regripping very easy). I sold my M1 to OneT and I think he still has the same grip on it.
Spoiler
f6fd3b1d.jpg

The M1 was a beast. That was the one Mashie I thought about keeping around and still kind of wish I did. Rocket launcher and out of the Mashi that I had the the one I struggled the least with going left. Not sure why that was though.

The M1 was a beast. That was the one Mashie I thought about keeping around and still kind of wish I did. Rocket launcher and out of the Mashi that I had the the one I struggled the least with going left. Not sure why that was though.

It is so solid. If I could just talk myself into using it when my driver sucks.

I wonder if the Pure Grips would go on easier?

Activate OEM Kevin Voice: I am pondering Cargo Shorts.

It is so solid. If I could just talk myself into using it when my driver sucks.

I wonder if the Pure Grips would go on easier?

Activate OEM Kevin Voice: I am pondering Cargo Shorts.

lol no pondering cargo shorts for me. The M1 is a solid club for those that can hit it solid. Its not the easiest club to hit.

Dont ask me about Pure grips, I hate them.

lol no pondering cargo shorts for me. The M1 is a solid club for those that can hit it solid. Its not the easiest club to hit.

Dont ask me about Pure grips, I hate them.

I am just kidding with you about the cargo shorts. Do you think the 910 is easier?

I am just kidding with you about the cargo shorts. Do you think the 910 is easier?

I think he really enjoys the 910. I play with a dude regularly that has the 910 hybrids and he loves it.

I think he really enjoys the 910. I play with a dude regularly that has the 910 hybrids and he loves it.

I just don't think I can move from the Mashie.

TC,

I did try the Callaway hybrid out the other week. I wasn't all about it. I think the Mashie has it for me.

I'm another one who struggles with hooking the Mashie, I think it comes down to the light shaft for me. I am just not comfortable with how light the club is. The only way for me to hit it straight is to back down by SS by 10-15 mph, and at point I hit my 4 iron a good bit farther. I am looking for a hybrid or wood to replace it with.

I just don't think I can move from the Mashie.

TC,

I did try the Callaway hybrid out the other week. I wasn't all about it. I think the Mashie has it for me.

It's a great hybrid man, for the right person. The shaft rocks, it sounds and feels great and it's long, but I couldn't trust it. I can't live with that. I'd rock that thing until it doesn't work for you bro.

I'm another one who struggles with hooking the Mashie, I think it comes down to the light shaft for me. I am just not comfortable with how light the club is. The only way for me to hit it straight is to back down by SS by 10-15 mph, and at point I hit my 4 iron a good bit farther. I am looking for a hybrid or wood to replace it with.

Are you sure you dont mean alter your tempo rather than SS?

I'm currently looking to buy a new set of irons. I bought my first set of irons (Taylormade Burner XD's) and really enjoyed these irons and saw a significant improvement in my game. I found good deals on three sets of irons and I'm trying to decide between Nike VR Full Cavity, Callaway FT Irons and Wilson Ci9 Irons. I have been golfing for a few years and want a good mixture of control and forgiveness. I'm relatively new buying clubs, so any help is greatly appreciated!

I love the 910H. Its been a great hybrid for me since a few months ago when I found it on sale at a GC I played. Its easy to hit, goes straight and has tons of shaft options. I hit it off the tee on long par3's, out of the FW, rough all the same.

I love the 910H. Its been a great hybrid for me since a few months ago when I found it on sale at a GC I played. Its easy to hit, goes straight and has tons of shaft options. I hit it off the tee on long par3's, out of the FW, rough all the same.

I might have to try one next time at GG.

I'm currently looking to buy a new set of irons. I bought my first set of irons (Taylormade Burner XD's) and really enjoyed these irons and saw a significant improvement in my game. I found good deals on three sets of irons and I'm trying to decide between Nike VR Full Cavity, Callaway FT Irons and Wilson Ci9 Irons. I have been golfing for a few years and want a good mixture of control and forgiveness. I'm relatively new buying clubs, so any help is greatly appreciated!

Out of those options I loved the Ci9's man. They offer a bit of control, forgiveness, and they are stronger lofted so you should see some nice distances out of them. Plus they are good looking!

Have you considered the Wilson Di11's?

Thanks for the input! I found the Ci9's on final clearance for $240. They have the Wilson True Temper uniflex staff. The FT's have the uniflex Nippon N.S. Pro 1100GH Steel Shaft and cost $265. Again, being new to buying clubs, not sure if the difference in these shafts will make a significant difference.

Thanks for the input! I found the Ci9's on final clearance for $240. They have the Wilson True Temper uniflex staff. The FT's have the uniflex Nippon N.S. Pro 1100GH Steel Shaft and cost $265. Again, being new to buying clubs, not sure if the difference in these shafts will make a significant difference.

Why don't the Ci9's have the FST shafts in them? That's odd.

Have you considered the Wilson Di11's?

I just got out of college and I'm a first year teacher on a budget so the Di11's (and most clubs) are out of my price range. I've been searching all day for the best deals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back