Are you a gun owner?

Why would a retired LEO need one at all? According to federal law current and retired LEO's can carry regardless of state or local laws. That being said, you're better off avoiding the hassle and grabbing one.

Under LEOSA, I don't need one at all. But as per department policy, I can't claim my guns without a permit. Word is that they appreciate the necessary checks required for issuance while us retired guys are out from under their thumb. I could still buy/acquire new weapons but I'd first want to claim what I already own.

Don't look for reason here with NYC, this is a department that now has expiration dates on our retired I.D. cards.

Haha when I left NY to move to Florida I left my Off Duty weapons at a Station. Oh did I mention almost 2 years. lol. My wife was happy!

Lol... my wife's the opposite. Married for 15 of my 20 years on the job and she never said boo about my guns. A few months after retiring though, she began asking me to get my guns. Said that she felt uncomfortable knowing their are no guns in the house. When her gentle query turned to pleading, I had to get them just to calm her.

She was once a police cadet (decided against taking the job when I told her I'd never marry a cop, lol...) and knows how to handle a gun. Still, after never saying a word about them, she surprised me about wanting them back in the house.

If I drop off the map, we'll know that it was all a ruse and she was just after the insurance money. :wink:

All agencies have their oddities I guess. At least you get to keep your weapons I guess, that is pretty cool.

Yes, have a few. Sig's are the preferred handgun (228, 229, 220, SIGPRO), HK45 and 1911's (Colt, Springfield and 2 Kimber's). Also 2 12-guage shotguns (Benelli's and 2 rifles (Remington 700 and Weatherby).

My dad was a Federal Agent, CID at the IRS. GOt training from some real experts. Have a Browning High Power that fits my hand, perfectly. Accurate and fun to shoot. Also have a Colt 22 Auto that is real accurate and fun at the range. Got a Sig 250 recently and am getting used to it. DAO trigger. I inherited my Dad's guns and my Grandfathers guns and toys. He was a Chicago police officer for 38 years. Everything from brass knuckles, billy clubs with lead in the center to everything a Secret Service Agent would have.

Home defense is important. Get training before you get the gun.

Does anyone own, or have an opinion about, a Kel-Tec PF9?

a6cd0c44-62ef-e0bc.jpg

90% sure this will be my 1st handgun.

I'm in MA which rivals NY and CA for gun control. Thankfully, I have a CCW permit which is like hitting the lottery here. I have a Berretta Tika in .308 with a Nikon scope, 2 x AR15 (one I assembled after purchasing the lower), 1 AK, Ruger 10/22, Mosin Nagant in 7.62x54R russian made, Glocks 22, 23, 27, 36. SW MP40c, Star B 1911 in 9mm, SW 1911, Star PD in .45, Ruger MkIII in .22, Sig Mosquitto, Ruger .38sp wheel, Remington 1100 12 gauge....and a few others.....I also have my FFL C&R license which i would recomend to EVERY owner.

Based on your location, are you in or outside of Boston? An LTC A unrestricted as a Boston resident would be an impressive feat. I was restricted to S&T when I lived in Boston, but now am in NH, where getting a CCW is as easy as a simple 5 minute chat with the town's police chief. :)

Not a big gun owner but own a few.

Taurus 9mm

Taurus 9 shot 22 revolver = love this one

and just bought a Marlin 22 LR

Next one I get will be 40 cal. not sure what kind yet.

I have a Mossberg 435 pump, use it for duck, dove hunting. Going to purchase a high powered rifle sooner or later. What's better for deer hunting a .270 or .30-06?
the best rifle for deer hunting is the one you like to shoot the most!! Any 6mm(240cal) and up with proper bullet are fine for whitetail--depending on locations--shooting often is one of the keys to hunting success---suppose it is like golf--if the tools fit you success comes easier---and for the most part a cheap rifle(with in reason) is as dependable as the high dollar ones---just ain't as pretty

the best rifle for deer hunting is the one you like to shoot the most!! Any 6mm(240cal) and up with proper bullet are fine for whitetail--depending on locations--shooting often is one of the keys to hunting success---suppose it is like golf--if the tools fit you success comes easier---and for the most part a cheap rifle(with in reason) is as dependable as the high dollar ones---just ain't as pretty

X2
The 270 is just a necked down 30-06 so they are very comparable. Just shooting a smaller bullet with a 270. I have one of each and don't really have a preference one way or the other.

No guns yet but will need one once my girls get to dating age lol

iOS using Tapatalk

Yep! Heckler & Koch P30 (9mm)

I have a mossberg 500 12gauge

Back