This is going to cost me......

Ranger5022

Reaction score
Handicap
So Saturdays are a bit of a golfing day in the Ranger household.....Ranger junior has his weekly golf coaching session....Miss Ranger( also known as The Pink Peril.....) has her golf coaching...and Mrs Ranger hits some balls on the range......I have to watch at the moment as I am still on crutches :banghead:
anyway...Mrs Ranger is between 5'08 and 5'09 and I have long held the opinion that her ladies clubs( Clones of something ) are too short and soft shafted for her...so I hobbled into the pro shop and grabbed an R11 6 iron men's regular graphite shaf demo iron .....try this Mrs Ranger.....
145 yds 5 yard draw......and again...and again....and again......
Mrs Ranger turns to Mr Ranger......and says its my birthday soon...... Oh what have I done !

So just out of interest any lady THPers out there use men's length irons ?

Earned you a whole ton of brownie points when you buy them!

That's true but :bulgy-eyes: I'm supposed to be getting me some new irons

That's true but :bulgy-eyes: I'm supposed to be getting me some new irons
lol not sure what to tell ya man. Make the wife happy then secretly buy you some lol.

Or see if you can work a deal when you get the two sets. I've heard good things about blind9 golf from other thp'ers might be worth checking into. Heck I'd just be glad to have my wife want to hit balls!

Tappin in putts from iOS

You can always get her some of the previous generation Taylormade irons from an online golf retailer in the UK.Since she obviously hits those demo irons pretty well you might save some pounds on buying them online and not having to get fit since her setup is pretty standard.

Yes, I have used men's clubs for a good while. Like most women, I started out with women's clubs until several people kept telling me they were too whippy for me. I bought a used set of senior flex men's clubs and they felt so much better. I eventually had a fitting by a pro and was fitted to men's regular flex woods and senior flex irons.

On he bright side, many of us wish our better half would show some interest. Liz keeps ducking the question and I even set up a new lady friend coach who would be glad to teach her the game. She's scared to death someone will laugh at her unsporty swing, haha.

On he bright side, many of us wish our better half would show some interest. Liz keeps ducking the question and I even set up a new lady friend coach who would be glad to teach her the game. She's scared to death someone will laugh at her unsporty swing, haha.

In the same boat..

Just gotta be thankful she is interested!

I guess I'm lucky my wife enjoys going to the driving range and hitting balls. Just she not ready for the course. Good luck to you though on your soon to be new purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the same boat..

Just gotta be thankful she is interested!

I don't think Liz ever will be interested, but hope to get her going along some, keeping score and getting some sun at least. She's a teacher, so I need her math skills for my score card, haha

My wife of 35 years, Ellin,has never picked up a club. She finds it "effing boring" to quote her! But, the upside is, anytime she wants to do something and I don't, she'll say "why don't you go play golf or something". Yes dear... :)

Just wondering how does she hit your current irons? If she hits them good, then she gets irons she can play and you get new irons.

My wife of 35 years, Ellin,has never picked up a club. She finds it "effing boring" to quote her! But, the upside is, anytime she wants to do something and I don't, she'll say "why don't you go play golf or something". Yes dear... :)

That is also something to be thankful for.. nice.

its a plus if she enjoys the sport enough to let you play often... wether she plays or not, your not doing chores!

Just wondering how does she hit your current irons? If she hits them good, then she gets irons she can play and you get new irons.
I like your thinking.......:act-up:

Yep thats gonna be expensive! The good thing is looks like you found a perfect fit, too bad its not for you!

buy your lady the clubs man. She'll be tickled. I don't ever want to play golf with my lady. Golf is for me and the boys.

buy your lady the clubs man. She'll be tickled. I don't ever want to play golf with my lady. Golf is for me and the boys.

Well damn. I thought we would surely play together one day! :alien:

there's a 15 yr old girl on my high school team (girl's team) that uses burner 1.0 w/ mens regular shafts :p

try some old nike irons.. not as expensive as the R11's, but still decent irons..

At least your wife plays I cant even get my wife to hit practice balls in the backyard

Back