2012 THP Golf Outing & Demo Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually Ole Gray, I did beat that baseball player. Not Beatrice Esterhouse from 4B in the retirement community.
I shot 82 at Grand Cypress North/South. Ironically, the same score that I shot when I beat you there by close to 20 strokes. :act-up:
Just in case that memory is a little fuzzy.

KellyBo and I both shot 95 on the North/South course. We tied that day and turned in our scores on the Ghin score table at your course..lol That's only 13 shots that you beat me by... I will be much better on it next round...

KellyBo and I both shot 95 on the North/South course. We tied that day and turned in our scores on the Ghin score table at your course..lol That's only 13 shots that you beat me by... I will be much better on it next round...

Ohhhh, I see. So my 82 somehow gets trumped by your 95 on the same course....playing with me and losing....No wonder you thought you hit your driver 290. Math is obviously not the same thing at the ole folks course with Esther as it is in the real world.

I think you should go back to teeing it up with Shirley Greenfield from Del Boca Vista, you might actually have a shot there.

Poor OG...He is in for a world of hurting at this one.

Last edited:
Ohhhh, I see. So my 82 somehow gets trumped by your 95 on the same course....playing with me and losing....I see it now. I think you should go back to teeing it up with Estelle Greenfield from Del Boca Vista, you might actually have a shot there.

Poor OG...He is in for a world of hurting at this one.

I can't wait for this outing and it should be tomorrow dog gone it... I will be ready for the Staffers Team so your guys just bring your "A" games. What am I suppose to shoot on a PGA/LPGA quality course for the first time? The greens are tough and the bunkers were no piece of cake. 95 was not a good score but it was something I can work on next time. I believe it will be a better score for sure.

Last edited:
been working on my sand game today getting ready for the outing. i don't think ive ever seen so many bunkers on a course from the pics ive seen.

I can't wait for this outing and it should be tomorrow dog gone it... I will be ready for the Staffers Team so your guys just bring your "A" games. What I am suppose to shoot on a PGA/LPGA quality course for the first time? The greens are tough and the bunkers were no piece of cake. 95 was not a good score but it was something I can work on next time. I believe it will be a better score for sure.

To the bolded I am kinda worried about that myself, I have never played a course that nice or that tough, should be interesting to say the least

The real Tower of Power does not need practice rounds or warm up sessions.
Certainly not excuses of new courses and fast greens with lots of sand.
OG is the Tower of Power. He is the A player with the A game.
He is coming at Team THP hitting his monstrous drives right down the middle.

I got a letter delivered by mule today from his last opponent. It was written on a scroll with a feather pen.
It said The Man from Gray, GA is impeccable. He is incredible. In the year 1847, he played his first round and has won every match on our home course since then.
He is ranked #1 in the ladies league and is a full 27 points higher than Shirley Estherhouse from apartment 16A.
Signed
His latest victim,
Beatrice

That right there is a scary proposition. I hope I dont have to face him.

To the bolded I am kinda worried about that myself, I have never played a course that nice or that tough, should be interesting to say the least

Dont stress over shooting a "higher" score. I am sure there wil be a bunch of people there shooting higher than normal. The outing is about fun times with new and old friends.

i hear ya, ive never played on anything close to this nice of a course. and prob nothing close to as difficult as it. But i love playing on challenging courses see where my game really is. i wonder what ill shoot down there. can't wait to find out!

Dont stress over shooting a "higher" score. I am sure there wil be a bunch of people there shooting higher than normal. The outing is about fun times with new and old friends.

And while that may be true, the outing is also about a competition.

Im not to worried about it, it will still be fun whether I shoot 75 or 100 lol

I'm honestly going in thinkin if I break 100 ill be happy

tapatalk addict....

Confidence men!!! I plan on lowering my HC based on rounds in FL. :D

Tappin' from my iPad!

And while that may be true, the outing is also about a competition.

An competition that team THP already has won ( or thinks they have) based on who is on the team so the rest of us should just go and have a fun.

An competition that team THP already has won ( or thinks they have) based on who is on the team so the rest of us should just go and have a fun.

Ummm. You may want to read about the competition again.
All the teams are competing for a trophy.
All the teams are competing against Team THP.

Team THP is not competing for the trophy. Otherwise there would be no reason to have the second competition.

Team THP is not competing for the trophy. Otherwise there would be no reason to have the second competition.

i like trophies i better leave some room in my luggage for the trip back.

I read it JB.. let me rephrase then... the rest of us will have fun competiting for the trophy. :alien:

I got a letter delivered by mule today from his last opponent. It was written on a scroll with a feather pen.
It said The Man from Gray, GA is impeccable. He is incredible. In the year 1847, he played his first round and has won every match on our home course since then.
He is ranked #1 in the ladies league and is a full 27 points higher than Shirley Estherhouse from apartment 16A.
Signed
His latest victim,
Beatrice

I hope you don't either because there will be a new Tiger in my tank come May! Shirley Estherhouse from apartment 16A can confirm that for sure and she told me to tell you, that you might want to run and hide in another foursome. Hide REAL good... lol

I read it JB.. let me rephrase then... the rest of us will have fun competiting for the trophy. :alien:

Im not sure what competiting is, but it sounds dangerous...hehe

I can't wait for this outing and it should be tomorrow dog gone it... I will be ready for the Staffers Team so your guys just bring your "A" games. What am I suppose to shoot on a PGA/LPGA quality course for the first time? The greens are tough and the bunkers were no piece of cake. 95 was not a good score but it was something I can work on next time. I believe it will be a better score for sure.

I shot a 91. SHould've been an 86 but Clark kicked my ball into a bunker a few times.... Ill get him.

Team TMex's captain will be even better come the outing Gray. Hope you're all ready!!!

Im not sure what competiting is, but it sounds dangerous...hehe

being the Effin Wow Factor I cant believe you dont know what that is, its the most extreme type of competition there is lol

I shot a 91. SHould've been an 86 but Clark kicked my ball into a bunker a few times.... Ill get him.

Team TMex's captain will be even better come the outing Gray. Hope you're all ready!!!

I shot an 81, and that's because I went brain dead on 17. Just ask JB he witnessed it. Though he might call it something different haha

I can't wait for this outing. Grand Cypress is a fantastic venue. The courses are amazing and tough. You think you are shooting a really good score and then you look at the card and boom you are +7 at the turn.

If I'm on Team Tmex, there will not be much of a competition except for 2nd place.

Dang TMex that was a good opening score at Grand Cypress dude! You should be proud of that and yea we all will be ready to rumble come May. I have no doubt it will be a blast and there is going to be some really decent scores and some embarrassing scores but the fun will be EPIC..... I look very much forward to the competition part of the outing and to have a shot at a trophy to represent is so cool!!!

I shot an 81, and that's because I went brain dead on 17. Just ask JB he witnessed it. Though he might call it something different haha

I can't wait for this outing. Grand Cypress is a fantastic venue. The courses are amazing and tough. You think you are shooting a really good score and then you look at the card and boom you are +7 at the turn.

If I'm on Team Tmex, there will not be much of a competition except for 2nd place.

Dang TMex that was a good opening score at Grand Cypress dude! You should be proud of that and yea we all will be ready to rumble come May. I have no doubt it will be a blast and there is going to be some really decent scores and some embarrassing scores but the fun will be EPIC..... I look very much forward to the competition part of the outing and to have a shot at a trophy to represent is so cool!!!

Lol. Haha, the competition should be a lot of fun in the sense we all have something to keep focused on. DDec is right, that course can eat some golf balls and scores pretty quick. It was really just a combo of 3 holes that killed me and more mental mistakes that anything. Clark's flowing locks were quite the distraction and I'm pretty sure his swing had me a bit nervous.

Signed
His latest victim,
Beatrice

I snapped a pic of Beatrice the other day so I can put it in OG's folder of people he beats. It's one of his biggest wins ever.
GolfQueen04_06.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back