The official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first ever concert was Survivor. Yeah those guys, Eye of the Tiger baby! I was probably 9 yrs old and hated sitting through all the crappy songs to finally get to the Rocky Theme!!!

Other than that I've been to a few Jimmy Buffett concerts. I went to Summerfest in Milwaukee the summer of 1996, spent 4 days there but was too drunk to even recall the names of most of those bands. They had some big ones though, Alanis Morresette, COOLIO, Seven Mary Three, I don't remember the rest. CCR Revisited, that was fun...we got hammered.

they'd come to tallahassee around this time of year, right after finals. Always wanted to just for the laugh, but never could justify spending the 10 dollars to get in.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

So since none of you losers will tell me I had to Google GWAR. I come up with this, wtc?

6a00d8341c630a53ef0162fc24a2cd970d-600wi

My first ever concert was Survivor. Yeah those guys, Eye of the Tiger baby! I was probably 9 yrs old and hated sitting through all the crappy songs to finally get to the Rocky Theme!!!

Other than that I've been to a few Jimmy Buffett concerts. I went to Summerfest in Milwaukee the summer of 1996, spent 4 days there but was too drunk to even recall the names of most of those bands. They had some big ones though, Alanis Morresette, COOLIO, Seven Mary Three, I don't remember the rest. CCR Revisited, that was fun...we got hammered.

I like some Buffett concerts. The lawn is the best part of the show. HAHA

Jake, did your helmet accompany you to those concerts?

What was everybody's first concerts?

Mine was Helmet and Primus. I thought I was going to get into the pit till I saw all the spiked boots and dog collars. I decided to hang back at that point. HAHA

Zombie in Fort Mill. My arm was in a removable cast at the time, being the ever clever teenager I used that to smuggle in some contraband.

Still to this day, that's the best concert I've ever witnessed.

So since none of you losers will tell me I had to Google GWAR. I come up with this, wtc?

6a00d8341c630a53ef0162fc24a2cd970d-600wi

Im surprised you could find a clean picture. I wont totally disagree with TC. They are overall just bad. Real bad. And a lot of the concert, I just didnt get. But, there were some benefits to said concert.

Im surprised you could find a clean picture. I wont totally disagree with TC. They are overall just bad. Real bad. And a lot of the concert, I just didnt get. But, there were some benefits to said concert.

I like it when they put people through their human meat grinder. They like erections too.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I know I know, but it was always on or the day after I was leaving. I remember the school newspaper having them on the front page a couple days before it hit the venue's marquee board and my reaction was, "holy !@$% GWAR's coming to town?! HAHAHAHA NO FREAKING WAY!" but then never did more than that.

Zombie in Fort Mill. My arm was in a removable cast at the time, being the ever clever teenager I used that to smuggle in some contraband.

Still to this day, that's the best concert I've ever witnessed.

Rob or White?

I like some Buffett concerts. The lawn is the best part of the show. HAHA
The lawn and the tailgate parties are epic! The show itself...yeah I guess he was up there singing Margaritaville but I don't necessarily say I can confirm that 100% either.

Jake, did your helmet accompany you to those concerts?
No helmets buddy, I'm a much happier and fun person when I'm away from South Sioux City, NE.

I like it when they put people through their human meat grinder. They like erections too.

They sure do TC, they sure do. I didn't get that part about the show. A lot of girls liked it.

I know I know, but it was always on or the day after I was leaving. I remember the school newspaper having them on the front page a couple days before it hit the venue's marquee board and my reaction was, "holy !@$% GWAR's coming to town?! HAHAHAHA NO FREAKING WAY!" but then never did more than that.

Lol. Dude their music is really bad. You just missed a lot of fake blood and stuff haha.

I'm about to go get a flat bread sammich from Subway, courtesy of my good friend 2Shoes!

Nine Inch Nails put on one of my top 10 shows... The list is as follows (no order):

1. Willie Nelson
2. Bad Religion
3. Rancid
4. Jay Z
5. NIN
6. Greg Graffin
7. Buck o Nine
8. Social Distortion
9. White Stripes
10.Ted Leo and the Pharmacists

I'm about to go get a flat bread sammich from Subway, courtesy of my good friend 2Shoes!
Nice, had one yesterday and contemplated having one again today...but didnt.

Time for some knowledge. Just read this little fascinating bit:

Switzerland may be famous for its neutrality; however, it's anything but lax defensively. Every bridge and every tunnel is designed with built-in explosives to destroy it. Even today, you can't get a building permit without a first class, expensive, bomb shelter worked into the plan. Sprawling hospitals are dug into mountains, still ventilated to be kept dry and ready for use. And halfway up alpine cliffs, bat-cave-type doors can slide open, allowing fighter jets to zoom into action from hidden airstrips cut out of solid rock.But slowly the Swiss are realizing that the cost of maintaining their strategic defense initiative is no longer justified. In fact many of the country's 15,000 secret underground military installations are being decommissioned and some are being opened to the public as museums.

They sure do TC, they sure do. I didn't get that part about the show. A lot of girls liked it.

Lol. Dude their music is really bad. You just missed a lot of fake blood and stuff haha.

I think the scenery there would have been worth the price of admission.

thats ballin. I want to go there. meow.

Switzerland may be famous for its neutrality; however, it's anything but lax defensively. Every bridge and every tunnel is designed with built-in explosives to destroy it. Even today, you can't get a building permit without a first class, expensive, bomb shelter worked into the plan. Sprawling hospitals are dug into mountains, still ventilated to be kept dry and ready for use. And halfway up alpine cliffs, bat-cave-type doors can slide open, allowing fighter jets to zoom into action from hidden airstrips cut out of solid rock.But slowly the Swiss are realizing that the cost of maintaining their strategic defense initiative is no longer justified. In fact many of the country's 15,000 secret underground military installations are being decommissioned and some are being opened to the public as museums.

Not bad for a peaceful nation.

So, they dont want to fight, and if a fight breaks out they have bunkers to hide in while they blow their own stuff up?

Rob or White?

White. I had a thing for the chick guitar player. Ended up meeting her a few days later at a music store. Dream crusher that was.

--
tapatalk

That is a fascinating fact OEM, I never knew. Why would they need so much defense if they're so neutral and have no real enemies? Maybe they're planning something and we should all be watching their every move?

I was gonna say I want my house to be like that, but I'd try to open a beer bottle on the big red button.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back