KBS Tour Reg+ vs Stiff-

Oregon Golfer

#XBomb
Reaction score
Handicap
Would a hardstepped regular flex and a soft stepped stiff flex end up being essentially the same?

Would a hardstepped regular flex and a soft stepped stiff flex end up being essentially the same?

From what I believe about hard stepping and soft stepping, what you described the flex would be very similar. Soft stepping might turn out to be just a tad bit stiffer though. But I think you would hardly be able to tell the difference if you went either way.

I'm under the impression that there is essentially 3 "steps" between each flex. A Stiff is essentially Regular+++. So if you soft step a stiff twice, you get a Regular+.

I'm under the impression that there is essentially 3 "steps" between each flex. A Stiff is essentially Regular+++. So if you soft step a stiff twice, you get a Regular+.

Wow, I never would have guessed that there are 3 steps between them. I think I'm overthinking this; I should just order the Stiff amd if nessecary I can go back and soft step.

I believe that's right - 3 steps in between. I think in addition to getting in between standard flexes some people use it to get a certain flex with a desired shaft weight - I.e, may want the heavier shaft but it's a bit stiff so you can soft step or vice versa.

Wow, I never would have guessed that there are 3 steps between them. I think I'm overthinking this; I should just order the Stiff amd if nessecary I can go back and soft step.

Back