Your Least Favorite Yardage

Griff

Hey Man, Nice Shot
Reaction score
Handicap
For me it's 120. 9I too much, PW not quite enough and try as I may I can't manipulate the 9 enough to make it happen.

4 feet is a close 2nd.

50-70 yards. Getting better at this shot but still the shot that I probably mess up more than any other.

My least favorite yardage has to be in the 200-210 yard range. I always end up either trying to over swing my long iron and end up short, or use my hybrid and end up long. And close second has to be the 90-80 yard range - just have to start practicing half-shots with my wedges.

195 - I have a hard time laying off longer clubs

My least favorite yardage has to be in the 200-210 yard range. I always end up either trying to over swing my long iron and end up short, or use my hybrid and end up long. And close second has to be the 90-80 yard range - just have to start practicing half-shots with my wedges.

I'm going to second the 200ish yardage.. Hopefully I've closed the gap, but that's been a bit problem spot for me recently.

Tapatalking from my iPhone

50-70 yards. Getting better at this shot but still the shot that I probably mess up more than any other.

Same here... My goal this year is to get much better from this range.

Anything that's far away. I'd always like to be closer.

I always tell myself that I play like a single digit handicapper from 150 in and a 25 handicapper from anything beyond that.

I agree with this. Give me a full lob wedge from 85 out rather than get me in this range.

Also, anything out of a bunker from 20-60 yards.

180 to 195. Too long for a 5i, too short for a hybrid or 7W. Means I need to hit a good 4i. That's always an adventure.

Kevin

For me it's 120. 9I too much, PW not quite enough and try as I may I can't manipulate the 9 enough to make it happen.

4 feet is a close 2nd.

This is numero uno for me.

195+

I have no confidence in my 4/5i and my hybrid has had a case of the hooks lately. So that is a dreaded number for me. I'd rather hit a layup shot with my 7i and rely on my short game.

At a close second is the 4-5ft putt. I miss way too many of those.

Probably anything under 100 yards. My wedge setup blows and I have little to no confidence in what I do have. I have adopted the get it rolling ASAP method and try to play a long running shot whenever possible!

I agree with this. Give me a full lob wedge from 85 out rather than get me in this range.

Also, anything out of a bunker from 20-60 yards.

That is the hardest golf shot out there. I hate it.

195+ really. That's getting out of 4i range. Just too inconsistent with 3i and 5w off the deck.

200. Tweener land for me, take the 4i? Take the 19.5? I always seem to pick wrong.

Gimme 4 footers all day long compared to that dang shot.

4 feet. If it has to be non-putting, 65-70y. You know you should be close, but I manage to pull off the rare 60y layup a lot. Or be pin high and sideways.

200 yards here too. Between the 4 iron (190) and the 4 hybrid (210). Usually go with choking down on the hybrid these days but it is still a bear of a distance.

tee shot. before that, anything is possible. after that, frequently only bogey or worse is possible. but it depends on the course, obviously.
i wonder about how many would be better off hitting two wedges than going for a tough 200 yard shot. i suppose it depends on what the likelihood of one putting following a hundred yard wedge shot is for you. for me it seems like i score worse if i try to hit two wedges from two hundred (two wedges plus two putts). from two hundred, if i go for it, i may miss the green but i have a chip and one putt more often than two wedges plus one putt. of course i have more um others too.

240-250yds. Right at the max of my 3w and I'm always stuck between go for it or not.

I dont mind any shot where you get to swing the club hard. The one that gets me is the finesse 10-15 yard chip off of a soggy/sandy lie...the one where no amount of bounce will help. You either catch it perfect, duff it 3 feet, or skull it....basically no room for error.

Right now it is about 120 yards. I have a GW that I can hit as far as 110 and my PW is at 130 to 135, I have to choke down on the PW and it can go left on me once in a while.

Often it depends on the day. There are times I hate the 190+ shot. It seems lately the the 150 mark is killing me. I want it to be an 8i like it used to be all the time. It needs to be a choked down smooth 7i, that I invariably horse an extra 10 or so yards out of.

I don't like the 115-100 range, I'm in the same boat as others where I don't know what to hit, 9i is too much, PW is a little too much and a GW isn't enough at all. I usually end up trying to over power the GW, which never works out well. I've tried to take the PW but always end up over. I like the 90-80 range, I really like going after my SW or a nice easy GW.

Right now its 150... I am not hitting my 6i well at all and my 7i sometimes goes that far but usually falls short. I hit a 6i well and I fly the green but usually I hit it horribly trying to steer it and cost myself a shot.

Back