Burner Superfast 2.0 - The Hooks

cazzara

Reaction score
Handicap
Last season I purchased a Burner Superfast 2.0 3W as well as the #3 and #4 Rescue clubs.

I hit them at the range and was hitting the beautifully. I have since changed my swing after getting some advice and am not hitting my 910D3 straight as and arrow as well as my Burner 2.0 irons (Was fitted for both).

My issue now is that I have hooking the heck out of the 3W and rescues. I cannot even play them anymore. I have only played them about 10 rounds.

I am going to Golftec to see what the deal is but I wanted to get some advice on whether the club is closed face or if there is anything I can due with the current clubs. I have the stock Stiff shaft in them. I am playing it in the middle of my stance but it just hooks.

HELP!!!!

I had the same issue, but the other way around. I was struggling with the hooks but now hit them really well. I play the ball a bit ahead of center(about a ball or 2) and focus on making sure I come in from inside, the draw bias and an over the top move are not great with this club. I also went to a heavier stiffer shaft and love my rescues. 210-230 out and it's green light for the green!

Also maybe you should be playing a stiffer shaft.:golf3:

Didnt think of that. Never would have imagined me in an extra stiff shaft. Hopefully I can find one out there or be able to get fitted for one.

GolfTec is a great choice to see exactly what is happening with your swing.
I struggle with this too and I have found that I'm too wristy with my right hand and have to develop a better swing to hit it straighter.

I had the same issue with the SF 2.0. I was hitting hooks, low slices, etc. The key with the 2.0 FW is tempo. You need to relax and let the club do the work. Because the shaft is longer you need to allow for the club to load on the back swing. I had a habit of swinging my hips around too fast before the club loadeded in my backswing. A smooth easy tempo will do wonders for your shots with this club. Everytime I try to kill it with this club I loose the ball either left or right.

I had the same issue with the SF 2.0. I was hitting hooks, low slices, etc. The key with the 2.0 FW is tempo. You need to relax and let the club do the work. Because the shaft is longer you need to allow for the club to load on the back swing. I had a habit of swinging my hips around too fast before the club loadeded in my backswing. A smooth easy tempo will do wonders for your shots with this club. Everytime I try to kill it with this club I loose the ball either left or right.

this. i used to play the 2.0 3h as well, and when i tried to kill it, the miss was almost always a crazy hook. also, maybe weaken your grip and make sure your arms swing together with your hips.

this. whenever i try to go after it and swing too hard it'll get away from me with a big hook or slice. just need to swing easy is what helps me

I agree with Mardin. Same issues here. I went to an x-stiff on my driver, but haven't done it with my burner 3w yet because i just concentrated on making solid contact--80% swing--slow smooth take away followed by an easy downswing--i am able to hit it solid-230-240 in the air straight or with a 5 yd draw

Back