Wrenches for adjustable drivers...

Rusty

Reaction score
Handicap
I tried to do a search for this topic, but I wasn't even sure what to look for. I am basically curious if one can use a torque wrench from one OEM to adjust a club from a different OEM? I can't find the wrench specs anywhere.

Specifically, I picked up a Razr Fit off the pre-owned rack, but PGA SS would not give me a wrench with it (they offered to sell me one, but they were going to order it). The adjustment screws all have torx heads, and it turns out they are the same size as the Titleist 910 clubs, or at least close enough to the same size that the Titleist wrench works. But I was curious if the Titleist wrench would apply the same torque as the Callaway wrench? If its too loose, the club might fall apart; too tight and I could be messing up the screw threads.

I tried to do a search for this topic, but I wasn't even sure what to look for. I am basically curious if one can use a torque wrench from one OEM to adjust a club from a different OEM? I can't find the wrench specs anywhere.

Specifically, I picked up a Razr Fit off the pre-owned rack, but PGA SS would not give me a wrench with it (they offered to sell me one, but they were going to order it). The adjustment screws all have torx heads, and it turns out they are the same size as the Titleist 910 clubs, or at least close enough to the same size that the Titleist wrench works. But I was curious if the Titleist wrench would apply the same torque as the Callaway wrench? If its too loose, the club might fall apart; too tight and I could be messing up the screw threads.

I'm guessing they may all have they're own spec's as far as torque goes. To be safe, it might be best to buy the correct wrench.

I'm guessing they may all have they're own spec's as far as torque goes. To be safe, it might be best to buy the correct wrench.

That's why I'm asking: to see if anyone actually knows.

i work at golftown here in canada. i do not know what the torque is on callaway vs titliest wrenches. however i do know that the old yellow taylormade wrenches for the r7 line up torqued to 30 pounds. the new r9-r11 wrenches torque to 40 pounds. probably best to get the proper wrench. especially if there is any warrenty issues

I decided this shouldn't be so hard to figure out. I stuck my Titleist wrench in the Callaway hosel bolt and tried to tighten it. The Titleist wrench popped and wouldn't tighten the bolt, so obviously the Callaway bolt was at or above the max torque for the Titleist wrench. Then I loosened the bolt about a quarter turn, and tightened it back. It appeared to go back to the same spot before the wrench stopped tightening....maybe went a miniscule amount past the original location, but I cannot imagine that will damage the threads or otherwise compromise the club. I'm satisfied that I can use my Titleist wrench with the Razr Fit, but I think I just got lucky. I will keep my eyes open for a cheap Callaway wrench.

Back